• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is It Ok To Paint Reverse Sensors

Estilo KK

Question

Hi,

Recently I bought reverse sensor kit (4 sensors). But still I didn't install it. Can anybody help me to figure out following matters.

1. I'm using a Maruti Suzuki Zen Estilo & is it ok to install all 4 sensors in the rear bumper? (Since the car is small, sensors will be installed somewhat closer to one another)?
  2. The sensor kit has four black sensors. My vehicle is metallic gold (Ecru Beige) colour. Is it ok to spray paint these sensors after fixing it to the car with a thin layer of metalic paint? (I can ask the painter to never apply excessive paint on them)
  3. Is there any limitation of the gap between two sensors? It was mentioned in the user manual to install them equally spaced. But the minimum limit of this space was not mentioned in there

Please help me to clarify my doubts with regard to above points.

8 answers to this question

Not sure about any of your questions as I dont have reverse sesnors, or I even needed them. Guess reversing without any electrnic aides now is a dying skill.

I know of one moron who fixed reverse sensors and ended up putting more dents in the car.

Those off the shelf crap are not accurate.

And painting it will make it that much loess accurate.

Learn to gauge distances and you will NEVER need them.

• Like 6

Not sure about any of your questions as I dont have reverse sesnors, or I even needed them. Guess reversing without any electrnic aides now is a dying skill.

I know of one moron who fixed reverse sensors and ended up putting more dents in the car.

Those off the shelf crap are not accurate.

And painting it will make it that much loess accurate.

Learn to gauge distances and you will NEVER need them.

Driving purely by skill is indeed dying, VVTi! Cars are becoming more computers than mechanical masterpieces. Maybe they'll replace the traditional steering wheel with a gamepad or something in the near future!

Also, OP- you don't need sensors or reverse cameras. Practice makes perfect!

AFAIK yes you can paint over them

But the side effect is, it reduces the range (what ive been told)

but if you want to avoid this, get steelmate brushed aluminum style sensors. it sort of blend in with most cars and there are colored sensors as well, ive seen in beige.

seriously though i have to admit, i suck at reversing :/

our cars at home i am used to them but i sort of find it hard to reverse newer cars. example: belta

That said, a estilo isnt hard to reverse though. its a hatchback.

There is no limit or minimum space.

You can fix it at similar distances.

And do not paint it beacuse it looses the acuracy and range.

But you can paint the surrounding ring but not the center part.

And i have been using a chinese crap on my wagon. It did its job perfectly.

even though parking skill is important sometimes its healthy to use parking aids before you break your bumper or run over the kid behind.

Have seen it once ,and believe its shocking.