• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

The article in the paper shows a picture of a 40ft container on the express way.... ? Is this allowed or even possible. It was mentioned here that the lanes were too narrow even for cars, so I cannot imagine how a prime mover could fit in.

The article in the paper shows a picture of a 40ft container on the express way.... ? Is this allowed or even possible. It was mentioned here that the lanes were too narrow even for cars, so I cannot imagine how a prime mover could fit in.

The deputy minister invites the public to visit the Southern expressway and participate in sports competitions to be conducted on Kottawa, Kahathuduwa, Galanigama, Dodangoda on November 19 and Welipenna, Kurudugahahethakma, Baddegama and Pinnaduwa on November 20.

Several sports activities including road races, cycle race, volleyball, art competitions for children and several other sports competitions will be held with the participation of disabled soldiers of the Rana Viru Seva Authority during the two days. In addition a colourful fireworks display will also be held on each night.

Winners of all competitions will receive prizes from the Road Development Authority, he further said.

ශ්‍රී ලංකාවේ පළමු අධිවේගී මාර්ග වන දක්‍ෂිණ අධිවේගී මාර්ගය ජනාධිපති මහින්ද රාජපක්‍ෂ මහතා අතින් ලබන 27 වැනි දා ජනතා අයිතියට පත්කිිරීමට නියමිතය.කොට්ටාවේ සිට ගාල්ල දක්වා කිලෝ මීටර 95.3 ක් වන මාර්ගයට ඇතුළුවීමට පිවිසුම් මාර්ග අටකි. කොට්ටාවේ සිට ගාල්ල දක්වා මිනිත්තු 50 ක දී ළගාවීමට හැකියාව ඇත.

මෙම මාර්ගය මංතීරු හතරකින් සමන්විත අතර ඉදිරියේදී මංතීරු හයක් දක්වා පුළුල් කිරීමට නියමිතය. මාර්ගය ඉදිරිකිරීම සඳහා රුපියල් කෝටි 7000 ක් පමණ වැයවී ඇත.මෙම මාර්ගයට ත‍්‍රිරෝද රථ, යතුරු පැදි, අත්ට‍්‍රැක්ටර් සහ පාපැදි ඇතුළුවීම තහනම් වන අතර ආරම්භයේදී මගී ප‍්‍රවාහන බස් රථ සඳහා ද අවසර නොලැබේ. නගරාන්තර බස් පහකට ද, කාර් හා වෑන් රථවලට ද අවසර ඇත.පදිකයන්ට ද ඇතුළුවිය නොහැකිය. අනවසරෙන් ඇතුළු වුවහොත් රුපියල් 5,000 ක දඩයකට යටත් වන බව මාර්ග සංවර්ධන අධිකාරියේ අධ්‍යක්‍ෂ ජනරාල් ආර්. ඩබ්ලිව්. ආර්. පේ‍්‍රමසිරි මහතා පැවසීය. මෙම මාර්ගය කොට්ටාව සිට ගාල්ල දක්වා සම්පූර්ණ දුර ගමන් කිරීමට රුපියල් 400 ක ටිකට් පතක් මිලදී ගතයුතුය. මෙහිදී වාහනයකට පැයටකිලෝමීටර 100 ක් වේගයෙන් ධාවන කළ හැකි අවම වේගය තීරණය කර නොමැත.

114.jpg

122.jpg

132.jpg

141.jpg

151.jpg

161.jpg

171.jpg

181.jpg

192.jpg

202.jpg

I, for one, will try to take a trip asap. No use waiting until some fools wreck it with high speed crashes, and it should be relatively empty at first. Just need to keep an eye out for the people/dogs/cats/cows/elephants. Confident enough in my own skills at driving :)

I should see if the guy I sold the VZR to will be willing to let me have it back for a couple of days :lol:

Or maybe we can get Milindu to get the Mark X to take a nice run. :)

• Like 1

I, for one, will try to take a trip asap. No use waiting until some fools wreck it with high speed crashes, and it should be relatively empty at first. Just need to keep an eye out for the people/dogs/cats/cows/elephants. Confident enough in my own skills at driving :)

I should see if the guy I sold the VZR to will be willing to let me have it back for a couple of days :lol:

Or maybe we can get Milindu to get the Mark X to take a nice run. :)

How about A/L members` meet up? ‘A/L Southern Highway cruise to Galle - 2011’

Anyways, share us some pics when you guys do the drive please.

• Like 1

Hi Guys

As they said they are going to recruit 500 Police people for the highway, if it ls 100 KM at least 1 policeman will be there for each and every 200 Meters, so our dream boys are planning to fly and take a fun, remember it is max of 100 KMPH not more than that in any way,if so keep some extra money in the pocket to compensate police guys

thanks

regards

sumith

Hi Guys

As they said they are going to recruit 500 Police people for the highway, if it ls 100 KM at least 1 policeman will be there for each and every 200 Meters, so our dream boys are planning to fly and take a fun, remember it is max of 100 KMPH not more than that in any way,if so keep some extra money in the pocket to compensate police guys

thanks

regards

sumith

Traffic violators will be penalized at convenient parking places or at exit points. So you never know the accumulated number of penalties ,until you reach the exit point. :huh:

MINIACE