• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

Only the maximum limit is specified and not the minimum.

MINIACE

That kind of defeats the purpose of having a high speed motorway does it not?

Minimum speed limit is equally imporant as the max to prevent accidents.

Edited by HardHat

Bus service only a few hours old and the morons have already started breaking the laws. illiterate buffoons

ලංගම රියැදුරා අධිවේගෙන් ලෙඩක් දා ගනී

දක්ෂිණ අධිවේගී මාර්ගයේ කුරුඳුගහහැතැප්ම පිවිසුම අසල දී බසය නවත්වා මඟීන් දෙදෙනකුට බැස යාමට ඉඩදුන් ලංගම කොන්දොස්තරට එරෙහිව ක්‍රියා කරන බව එහි රථවාහන අංශය කියයි. මාර්ගය අවහිර කිරීමේ චෝදනා ඔහුට එරෙහිව ඉදිරිපත් කිරීමට යයි.

Bus service only a few hours old and the morons have already started breaking the laws. illiterate buffoons

ලංගම රියැදුරා අධිවේගෙන් ලෙඩක් දා ගනී

දක්ෂිණ අධිවේගී මාර්ගයේ කුරුඳුගහහැතැප්ම පිවිසුම අසල දී බසය නවත්වා මඟීන් දෙදෙනකුට බැස යාමට ඉඩදුන් ලංගම කොන්දොස්තරට එරෙහිව ක්‍රියා කරන බව එහි රථවාහන අංශය කියයි. මාර්ගය අවහිර කිරීමේ චෝදනා ඔහුට එරෙහිව ඉදිරිපත් කිරීමට යයි.

Here's a real lankan ....

Machang, you know whether we have plans to set speed check traps from air crafts on E01?

I doubt the government is going to spend on aircraft speed enforcers to monitor a 100km stretch of road.

Edited by terrabytetango

In Oz, in some States, out in the bush there are lines pianted across the road at a couple of kilometres apart and the police have a light aircraft or a helicopter lurking about just timing you through the interval. Latest law enforcement gimmick here on motorways are two police motorcycles - one marked, the other not - cruising down the road. The first, plain bike, has a copper with a helmet-cam peering in your window to see if you are using a phone. The sweep cop then stops you if the first cop signals you have been filmed with a phone in hand. Oh, the joys of technology and the rapaciousness of government! :-)

Guys just want to give an advice.

I went on the E01 about a dozen times. Took the car to my wheel alignment place before going on the E01 for the first time and asked them to specially check all the ball joints etc... to make sure everything is in order and they said that everything is ok and I cruised E01 happily :)

Guess what, after just 3 weeks I accidentally found that 1. One of the rear wheel bearings were pretty bad 2. Lower arm bush + bolt + bracket is damaged 3. Rear anti roll bar bushes are damaged.

There was a bearing noise on a wheel and thud sound coming from the back so I asked my stupid mechanic to check it before and he said nothing is wrong. So I'm sure all the issues were there when I asked them to check it but those buggers missed it. And it took 2 garages and 2 alignment places to find those issues.

So guys if you feel that something is wrong with your car trust your instincts and don't trust those stupid mechanic buggers.

I was lucky that nothing gave way while I was doing 120+ on the E01.

Assess speed due to mist: Police

FRIDAY, 06 JANUARY 2012 16:15 Daily mirror

Due to the mist along the Southern Expressway the police advise motorists to assess their speed by taking the mist in to account.

Eric Perera of the Southern Expressway Traffic Division said that a policeman is being placed at every exit and entry point in order to create awareness due to the prevalent weather.

“The motorists who travel along the expressway think that the minimum speed is 100 kilometers per hour. But that is wrong, it is the maximum speed we have allowed them to travel,” he said.

“The other problem we are facing right now is that most of them drive along the right lane. The right lane is given to pave way for motorists to overtake other vehicles. After overtaking a vehicle the motorist should bring his vehicle back to the left lane. We are strictly implementing this law as it had caused a number of accidents,” he added.

The Southern Expressway Traffic Division has fined 471 individuals mainly for exceeding the speed limit (100 kilometers per hour). A total of 51 accidents have been reported causing injuries to 18 persons so far since the first expressway in Sri Lanka was opened on November 27, last year.

http://www.dailymirror.lk/news/15941-assess-speed-due-to-mist-police.html

MINIACE

So today's papers have 2 articles on the highway - one about someone being fined for letting goats on the highway and the other about the bus driver who stopped to let some woman take a leak ..... I think to goat headline applies to both.....

Hey guys they have started issuing speeding tickets at the exits by calculating thr average speed. People drivers at my fathers office was fines.

on another note a certain SLS AMG has touched 300km/h + on E01 recently (rumor)

i dont know, but 300 seems like a bit of an unrealistic number in my head; but would be interesting to hear the perspectives of people who have done 200+ at least on how feasible 300 would ultimately be.

Damn i hate rear wheel drives. either that jag did not have traction control or T/C or it was too late when T/C kicked in.

I've had a similar experience in the past while exiting a highway. The car behaved almost exactly the same way before hitting the barrier. Traction control was on. I later realised that the problem was that my instinct was to try and straighten up the car while the traction control was also doing it's stuff.

Damn i hate rear wheel drives. either that jag did not have traction control or T/C or it was too late when T/C kicked in.

and you think that front wheel drive would have saved that accident.........well the car would have skidded anyway since the back has no power in front wheel drives....

A group of robbers had attempetd to rob a Sri Lankan diplomat on her way out of the Southern Expressway's Baddegama exit point on Saturday night. The attempt was made during her way out of the Baddegama exit point towards the Baddegama town. Speaking to Daily Mirror online the diplomat said that the attempted robbery had been pre planned and around three to four men were involved. "They had put a log in the middle of the road in order to stall the vehichle and as soon as we slowed down around two men came about and started hitting the shutter. The car was a small car and we were able to manourvre our way and get away. When we turned to look back there were two other people with the gang and they were armed with an axe and a big knife," she said.

A complaint in this regard has been lodged with the Baddegama police. The Southern Expressway traffic police division have been informed in this regard by the Baddegama police. Investigations are being conducted. (HF&SD)

Police warned people not to throw stones at vehicles travelling on the Southern Expressway after the second such incident was reported on Saturday between the Welipenna and Dodangoda stretch.

The Police said that those involved will be strictly dealt with by the law. The Southern Expressway Traffic Police Division was informed by a monk after the car he was travelling in was stoned.

The police also informed motorists travelling along the highway to inform the police on 1969 immediately if such incidents occur.

The first such incident was reported in the second week after the opening of Sri Lanka’s first expressway where 10-15 vehicles were damaged. However no suspect was arrested in connection with the incidents.

The Southern Expressway Traffic Division has fined 471 individuals mainly for exceeding the speed limit (100 kilometres per hour).

A total of 51 accidents have been reported causing injuries to 18 persons so far since the first expressway opened on November 27, last year. (Supun Dias)

Instead of the 2 million dogs, viruses like this should be removed, with extreme prejudice.

• Like 7