• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

if everyone stick by the rules and stick to the 100 speed limit...we have nothing much to worry about i suppose.

But i hope RDA and cops will address the dog issue, stone thrower problem and the mugger issue.

The problem with people doing 200kmh kinda runs is that...although their cars might be able to do so without a hitch, drivers skills might not really be upto it.

It's nice and fine for them to have their thrills and crash and die on their own as long as they dont take out another car with some innocent family in it.

Probably drivers may be skilled up to it, their cars may be state of the art, but many things can go wrong and making other innocents to pay for it. That is not acceptable.

In other countries, they have better high ways, better cars and better drivers. Still there are rules and majority obey the rules (also they have much sophisticated systems to crack down on road hogs). E01 is for the Sri Lankans to have a better life through improved infrastructure. It is not a place for our driving fantasies to become a reality, I do hope our country will develop to a state that Speed Fans will get their own tracks for racing purposes.

Probably drivers may be skilled up to it, their cars may be state of the art, but many things can go wrong and making other innocents to pay for it. That is not acceptable.

In other countries, they have better high ways, better cars and better drivers. Still there are rules and majority obey the rules (also they have much sophisticated systems to crack down on road hogs). E01 is for the Sri Lankans to have a better life through improved infrastructure. It is not a place for our driving fantasies to become a reality, I do hope our country will develop to a state that Speed Fans will get their own tracks for racing purposes.

aney ammapalla, moo hariyata katha karanne E01 eka hadala thiyenne muge ammage appage boodalayen wage!!

:)

Machan, I don't think the man meant it in that way :P I think he was trying to agree with Ripper :)

LOL.... well, it seems these RDA types and the 'O' Look at all the cool pictures I took prior to the opening of the E01' types have one thing in common... OWNERSHIP... :)

And any untoward deed done on the E01 is akin to a possessive father getting pissed off with the neighborhood hooligans who just deflowered his virgin daughter... with her full consent, mind you... :)

• Like 1

aney ammapalla, moo hariyata katha karanne E01 eka hadala thiyenne muge ammage appage boodalayen wage!!

:)

Sad to see that you have totally misunderstood what I meant. There is no hint here about claiming ownership of anything. Simple point is......................................

E01 is a "Public" road owned by Sri Lanka and every Sri Lankan has a right to travel abiding the law, for the benefit of the individuals while benefiting the country through higher efficiency. And it is a wrong doing to fulfill any ones speeding dreams or break the law endangering other road users and property. With in the stipulated and designed limits one may enjoy the ride which is fair.

In the meantime I do wish our country will grow to a point, where we will get a track or few tracks for us to enjoy extreme driving.

You know what I wish for? I wish that the average Sri Lanka driver will improve his or her road manners. I wish they learn more about traffic rules and the right of way and that it's WRONG to overtake from the left, to tailgate, that a junction box is a a place where you keep clear at all times, etc ets... How many of you preaching Bana here keep a junction box clear?? Today near apollo/Park Road entrance, a stupid retarded monkey in a Maroon color Allion 260 blocked the entrance because the in bred retard in a tie dd not know that eh junction box is meant to be kept clear at all times.

I wish that monkeys like that get some education. I wish they learn more about common courtesy. Not a speeddrome... :)

• Like 6

Ok, this is the strangest news I heard, I was told by a 'reliable' source, ie, another member of AL who I tend to respeect somewhat that the cops are checking the Toll ticket at the exits to roughly work out your speed and then slap you with a fine. Is that true? He claims that it has happened to a co-worker who was 15 mins ahead of 'schedule'.

Also the 120kmph speed increase is not correct. Apparenetly.

Can Jami, before Miniace rips him a new one, tell us the real story please? :)

wt if u take a break, police dsnt know that ;)

You know what I wish for? I wish that the average Sri Lanka driver will improve his or her road manners. I wish they learn more about traffic rules and the right of way and that it's WRONG to overtake from the left, to tailgate, that a junction box is a a place where you keep clear at all times, etc ets... How many of you preaching Bana here keep a junction box clear?? Today near apollo/Park Road entrance, a stupid retarded monkey in a Maroon color Allion 260 blocked the entrance because the in bred retard in a tie dd not know that eh junction box is meant to be kept clear at all times.

I wish that monkeys like that get some education. I wish they learn more about common courtesy. Not a speeddrome... :)

Amen...

I face the same experience in the same junctionbox on a daily basis. When I keep it clear and stop before the junctionbox, almost alway a moron thinks this as an opportunity to get ahead in the traffic light queue. From 3 wheellers to our "Prestigious" Prados just easily overtake or undertake and stop right in the middle of the JB.

If we are more disciplined as a motoring nation definitely we can be allowed more head room in speed limits. I for one think that E01 can accomodate a 120 or 130kmh as a speed limit if this were true.

Cheers,

K9M

• Like 1

i disagree with the better drivers comment.. they obey the rules much better.. but there are far more accidents over here than i saw in sri lanka.,. because they are programmed drivers not thinking drivers.. atleast in canada..

I do 100% agree with you............it is a sorry scene out there. Machang no words to explain the anguish when I see the pigs, cows, bulls and mangy dogs rule the road. In the past I have lost my temper and also successfully nabbed a few by calling 119 and following the goons (has got busted a few with help of 119).

My take is we need a complete brain wash, education from school days and a strict fine structure and a clean traffic police.

I love my country, when I travel abroad I miss my country. But when I return I do miss the traffic discipline in those countries.

Some time back I did post some videos in AL (taken from Youtube). My intention was at least a few will watch and learn a bit.

I do 100% agree with you............it is a sorry scene out there. Machang no words to explain the anguish when I see the pigs, cows, bulls and mangy dogs rule the road. In the past I have lost my temper and also successfully nabbed a few by calling 119 and following the goons (has got busted a few with help of 119).

My take is we need a complete brain wash, education from school days and a strict fine structure and a clean traffic police.

I love my country, when I travel abroad I miss my country. But when I return I do miss the traffic discipline in those countries.

Some time back I did post some videos in AL (taken from Youtube). My intention was at least a few will watch and learn a bit.

When I help Police bust the offenders, sometimes I do follow and wait near the Policeman until they write the ticket. I disclose I am the caller and serve as witness. When I do that the offender cannot tip off the Police and move away

Living in the area I personally know how much chaos is caused by the junction box being occupied by a stationary vehicle.

But what can we expect; passing a driving test in sri lanka merely means going forward without hitting anything. And how many people can be called competent drivers after being certified as "competent drivers"?

We need 2 things to change all this; FIRST: more rigorous and detailed training and stricter exams. ut wait, then we're gonna cry "The government is trying to rip more money out of us!!" and SECOND: stricter traffic rule enforcement with heavier penalties. But wait then we cry "Oh i was being a perfect driver on the road and a SOB cop stopped me and accused me falsely to get a bribe".

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 2

I don't think its wrong to undertake. If you are undertaking that means there was already enough space in the left for the vehicle you are about to pass to move to and make space for you. So if anything its the other persons fault, to be driving on the fast lane when the left lane is empty. I wish the cops understood this and start taking down these lane hoggers one by one.

I don't think its wrong to undertake. If you are undertaking that means there was already enough space in the left for the vehicle you are about to pass to move to and make space for you. So if anything its the other persons fault, to be driving on the fast lane when the left lane is empty. I wish the cops understood this and start taking down these lane hoggers one by one.

Well, it's all good until you knock someone, then teh fault is yours and no amount of justifyinga and blaming the other road hogger will get you off. Road Hogging is a minor offence compared to causing an accident while overtaking from the wrong side.

When I help Police bust the offenders, sometimes I do follow and wait near the Policeman until they write the ticket. I disclose I am the caller and serve as witness. When I do that the offender cannot tip off the Police and move away

Sometimes good samaritans gets hurt... :) You rat out the wrong bugger and its curtains for you. So dont be a pandithaya, just inform the cops if you have to and leave the scene without trying to get a pat on the head by the cops or the next thing will be a knife in your ribs or a bullet in the head. Or worse, they might hurt your family. So don't try to be a smart ass. Nikan Illan kanna hadanne epa machang rata hadanna gihilla. Be the change you want to be without trying to change others. are you ging to rat out on every person who break the rules on the roads? Come on.

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 1

We can do that? Hmmm, must try it out. Not the following part tho.

• Like 1