• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Express-Way Updates

Le Sabre

Question

true, what you're point out is an issue in the system but nothing to do with the people or skill set what we got. Same applies to my reply on northern rail-way construction.

During Tsunami time it was a call for duty and as I've elaborated it was bottom-up work, everyone worked rather than talking and virtual planning, not the usual top-down approach which is always impacted by the issues in the lethargic system what is in place.

well the system is powered by us "the people". Any how going forward, i think as a country we need to work on making our future generation more positive may be start from schools, or plan for unborn generation.

• Like 1

well the system is powered by us "the people". Any how going forward, i think as a country we need to work on making our future generation more positive may be start from schools, or plan for unborn generation.

this is a something we all could agree on :)

that's the sad story here, the system is powered by people but runs by goons .. in countries like Japan the system runs itself by the people, even in India it's there to a greater extend. When I say system, it's not only the government, the entire unnecessary institutions, be it provincial or divisional. Perfect example showed during the Tsunami time or whenever urgency/emergency called, people took over the situation without going through the entire system is the point I'm highlighting. So again it's not about any efficiency skill lack of people but whatever the management system manages them. If we start planning to appoint more skilled people into this system than thugs and goons, it'll be automatically be positive even future generations for that matter.

• Like 2

I don't understand that second pic that has been posted above? What the hell kind of exit is that? It looks like a t junction...or is it an underpass? I'm guessing it probably is, though it's hard to tell from the pic :)

Edited by SeanD

Well said sir. Hats off harsh for your comment. I wish more people including myself (someone who has made a fair share of comments out of my ass) would share a similar attitude when making posts in this forum (I'm not pointing fingers at anyone particular). There's so much hostility in this forum these days. Slightest disagreements tend to quickly turn in to name calling and personal bashing.

Yep have to agree with you on that, People are loosing it these days.

I guess most of us are busy with office work cause it is nearing the end of the financial year and companies put a lot of pressure on the employees in this period to achieve targets, and when you log into Al to forget about all the troubles the last thing you want to find out is that someone has quoted your post and is talking all kind of personal smack about you. :alc:

Edited by The Stig

I don't understand that second pic that has been posted above? What the hell kind of exit is that? It looks like a t junction...or is it an underpass? I'm guessing it probably is, though it's hard to tell from the pic :)

I think you mean the 3rd one :D

2e0r9c2.jpg

IMO they are not exits they are actually entrances, if you look closely you will notice the road on the left joining with the highway in the same direction of travel.And if you give it a little bit more attention you will notice that the road on the right is also an entrance cause that's the road that actually passes under the highway and curves itself back into the intersection. My concern is that the road going under the highway is divided into 2 parts maybe the intersection acts both as an entrance and an exit :unsure:

But the most disturb pic for me is the 2nd one with a curve, by the looks of it you need to at least slow down to 60 for that :blink:

I'm a bit of a railway enthusiast and I travel by rail quite often because I live about 15kms from Colombo.

OT - Came across this SL Railway FB page and since you are an enthusiast thought u might like it. Me too love Locos. :))

http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=300087194192#!/pages/Priyanka-Rodrigo-Sri-Lankan-Railways/300087194192

there seems to be a misconception that if the speed limit is 100kmph you have to travel at that speed throughout your trip on the EW. Its a UPPER limit, not a maintaining speed ppl!!

Also yes there seems to be a lot of curves, so slow down when you approach one. its not that hard! :D

I guess most of us are busy with office work cause it is nearing the end of the financial year and companies put a lot of pressure on the employees in this period to achieve targets, and when you log into Al to forget about all the troubles the last thing you want to find out is that someone has quoted your post and is talking all kind of personal smack about you. :alc:

i know sometimes it's hard but best way is to ignore them.

I've noticed this too, particularly in the last couple of months. And some of us are a little worse than others, probably due to work pressures like you say. This is a forum, it is ok to disagree on things ! Doesn't mean anybody has to take it personally :)

Just to update on the Kandy-Colombo Expressway, they've started all the measurements and getting the layout properly on this side. Surveyors came a few days back and notified the people where the initial bridge will go and what lands would be covered as I'm currently situated near the projected entrance to the expressway from the Kandy side near Katugasthota

From Daily Mirror today :rolleyes:

Drying paddy on the Southern Highway!

THURSDAY, 31 MARCH 2011 00:00

By Krishan Jeewaka Jayaruk

The people in Sulthanagoda area in Matara are using the Matara-Colombo Southern Expressway, theconstruction of which is proceeding at a very slow pace, to dry their paddy.

The farmers spread paddy on the carpeted road heated by the scorching sun.

By adopting this method to dry paddy, the farmers said there is no need for mats or empty fertilizer bags to spread paddy to dry.

From Daily Mirror today :rolleyes:

Drying paddy on the Southern Highway!

THURSDAY, 31 MARCH 2011 00:00

By Krishan Jeewaka Jayaruk

The people in Sulthanagoda area in Matara are using the Matara-Colombo Southern Expressway, theconstruction of which is proceeding at a very slow pace, to dry their paddy.

The farmers spread paddy on the carpeted road heated by the scorching sun.

By adopting this method to dry paddy, the farmers said there is no need for mats or empty fertilizer bags to spread paddy to dry.

Well at lest someone is utilizing the empty space :D

• Like 2

what if they try to use it when the expressway open then what happens?

Well then, there'll be a hell of a lot of paddy flying around. :D

Then there will be a lot of RICE on cars, not something very uncommon is it :D

• Like 1