• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alfa Romeo 159

VCBI

Question

Hey guys,

So I've been looking online to find the price of this italian beauty Micro cars have to offer, but no luck and guess i'll have to pop into the showroom my self. But before that, i'd like to know if anyone here knows the how much it sells for in SL, Also alfa owners feel free to share any information on this car.

post-55472-0-90637200-1386502927_thumb.j

18 answers to this question

Hi VCBI the 159 is no longer available. Production ended in 2011. And so it is impossible to find an un-reg car or even a 1 year old car that would "fit" in to a permit. The replacement is due at the end of 2015.

• Like 2

Hey guys,

So I've been looking online to find the price of this italian beauty Micro cars have to offer, but no luck and guess i'll have to pop into the showroom my self. But before that, i'd like to know if anyone here knows the how much it sells for in SL, Also alfa owners feel free to share any information on this car.

As GTAm said no luck buying it with EuroSports or ITMC now. But there is one used car for sale YoM 2007 if I'm not mistaken. He's asking for a very high price tho. Will PM contact info if you are interested.

• Like 1

As GTAm said no luck buying it with EuroSports or ITMC now. But there is one used car for sale YoM 2007 if I'm not mistaken. He's asking for a very high price tho. Will PM contact info if you are interested.

Please do let me know the price and also, are you running a 159 at the moment?

Hi VCBI the 159 is no longer available. Production ended in 2011. And so it is impossible to find an un-reg car or even a 1 year old car that would "fit" in to a permit. The replacement is due at the end of 2015.

Ok if we disregard the permit is it still possible to get one down? After tax and all that I wonder how much it would be if so.

Please do let me know the price and also, are you running a 159 at the moment?

He's asking for something like 8mil. :) Yeah I'm running a 159 at the moment. If you need a 159 i doubt this is the only option with you because I don't intend to sell mine and I don't think the guy who owns the black car will sell it either. If you are getting down one, £15,000+ would be the UK price tag i guess.

Why not buy a Giulietta which you can probably get down brand new. I guess the guy must be asking for 8 million because of its rarity in Sri Lanka. A 2007 only costs around £5000 in the UK.... and if you can stetch a little more you can get the Ti which seems to be the most desriable version now....

Why not buy a Giulietta which you can probably get down brand new. I guess the guy must be asking for 8 million because of its rarity in Sri Lanka. A 2007 only costs around £5000 in the UK.... and if you can stetch a little more you can get the Ti which seems to be the most desriable version now....

I had a small drive in GTAm's new Giulietta a couple of days back but I didn't like it as much as the 159. Probably because of the difference between the petrol and diesel engines, manual vs auto and turbo lag. Ti is something like £28000 isn't it?

Tell me more about the Giulietta if you do know. Options for the price tag, offers on permit, engine, transmission etc? I don't think Micro offers a test drive.

Tell me more about the Giulietta if you do know. Options for the price tag, offers on permit, engine, transmission etc? I don't think Micro offers a test drive.

Sadly I don't know about what it might be for the permit etc, but surely the agents will have a brochure. I believe there are a number already in the country and somebody familiar like GTAm will give you a better response. From what I have read in Alfa forums the model has been an unexpected success.

The 159 is now a fairly old model as it first came out in 2006. If you are buying one I suggest the 2.2 JTS Lusso or Ti or the 2.4 JTDm which can be remapped to produce about 230 bhp. Remember though sadly the 159 comes only as front wheel drive or 4 wheel drive....

Sadly I don't know about what it might be for the permit etc, but surely the agents will have a brochure. I believe there are a number already in the country and somebody familiar like GTAm will give you a better response. From what I have read in Alfa forums the model has been an unexpected success.

The 159 is now a fairly old model as it first came out in 2006. If you are buying one I suggest the 2.2 JTS Lusso or Ti or the 2.4 JTDm which can be remapped to produce about 230 bhp. Remember though sadly the 159 comes only as front wheel drive or 4 wheel drive....

Thanks heaps. Very helpful. :)

Micro does offer test drives, just give them a call and set up an appointment. I think the engine on offer here is the 1.4 multiair turbo with the TCT twin clutch box... If I remember right its about 6.5 mill on the permit.

On the other hand ITMC will be able to get you a better specced car from the UK for the same money so talk to both and see which works best for you.

Heres ITMCs website http://italianmotorcar.com/

Micro does offer test drives, just give them a call and set up an appointment. I think the engine on offer here is the 1.4 multiair turbo with the TCT twin clutch box... If I remember right its about 6.5 mill on the permit.

On the other hand ITMC will be able to get you a better specced car from the UK for the same money so talk to both and see which works best for you.

Heres ITMCs website http://italianmotorcar.com/

Thanks for that.. I did a few online reviews and watched a few viedoes and the build quality isnt that great in that car, I'll drop by this week at the showroom anyway and have a look. compared to the 159 i drove and had a look, that car was so much attention to detail and that grunt!! specially when u downshift.. oh man.. great soundtrack i must say. Anyway I will check the site u mentioned and thanks again. :)

Ok if we disregard the permit is it still possible to get one down? After tax and all that I wonder how much it would be if so.

Occasionally yes because occasionally you do get a car under 2 years that comes up for sale. But it is not worth it IMO. There was one a few months ago and it would cost over 12m without a permit.

• Like 1

Thanks for that.. I did a few online reviews and watched a few viedoes and the build quality isnt that great in that car, I'll drop by this week at the showroom anyway and have a look. compared to the 159 i drove and had a look, that car was so much attention to detail and that grunt!! specially when u downshift.. oh man.. great soundtrack i must say. Anyway I will check the site u mentioned and thanks again. :)

It depends on which reviews you read VCBI. If you go by traditional reviews where testers give equal marks for a predetermined set of criteria no Alfa will ever win a fully favourable review. It all depends on what is more of a priority. Most testers have a set template where for example interior space or the feel of plastics carry an equal amount of points as performance and handling. In case of an Alfa Romeo the priorities are driving appeal and that too does not involve only handling.

Build quality on the Giulietta is very good IMO although the 159 felt heavier (and it was) and therefore gave a perception of solidity. The handling of the Giulietta is streets ahead of the 159 IMO (and the 159 wasn't too bad either even if not as sweet as the 156). The two cars have different personalities. As for sound track - go for the petrol engines.

As for looks the 159 is a stunning car while Giulietta is simply good looking.

Here's 2 reviews on the Giulietta - http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/first-drives/alfa-romeo-giulietta-20-jtdm-tct

http://www.topgear.com/au/cars/reviews/alfa-romeo/giulietta/2013/giulietta/

Edited by GTAm
  • Like 2

Build quality of that car is superb. See it in metal and you'll see how wrong those so called reviews are.. i must say that i didn't try the Giulietta out with the Dynamic mode or with peddle shift as i didn't want to take a risk as it was not my car. but as per GTAm driving is much more fun than the 159. talk to ITMC and they will find you a very good car for a reasonable price. as per the numbers there are 6 or 7 cars running and i have seen another 2 at EuroSports showroom

• Like 1