• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Verossa

ash_raz

Question

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a repost, I am posting this because, I went through the old posts (http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/11643-verossa/?hl=verossahttp://forum.autolanka.com/topic/11643-verossa/?hl=verossa) but it didnt contain much details about versossas.

I thought of going for an upgrade, and while im searching, I saw few good Verossas for a decent price thought it's badged as Toyota.

I want to know the followings,

• How would be the maintainance of this car?
  • Is it a reliable car?
  • Heard that not many mechanics are familiar with beam engines, is it true?
  • If buying, what are the things i need to check(particular to verossa)

Thanks in adance.

3 answers to this question

Here's what I know:

Had a look at a few while car shopping with a friend. Plus another fried has one. So this is his experience, and my slight brush with them.

Rear wheel drive. Loads of torque. And acre of fun on four wheels.

Thirsty. Does 5-6kmpl. More on a highway.

Parts are a bit difficult to come by. Yamaha beams motors are a little costly to maintain and you won't easily find parts in panchi. TL will take a kings ransom to import them too. If you need anything, your best bet is a personal

Importer. PM me if you need a few contacts in that regard. Still, be prepared to wait at least 3-4 months for parts to arrive by freight

Reliability and pre-emptive maintenance are directly proportional. That about explains it I hope. With any car.

No particular Achilles heel on this car. Although try to get one that is well maintained and has as many bells and whistles intact as possible. Those finer things are harder to come by. Nothing is impossible to find tho, if you have the patience, pockets, and know where to look

Here's what I know:

Had a look at a few while car shopping with a friend. Plus another fried has one. So this is his experience, and my slight brush with them.

Rear wheel drive. Loads of torque. And acre of fun on four wheels.

Thirsty. Does 5-6kmpl. More on a highway.

Parts are a bit difficult to come by. Yamaha beams motors are a little costly to maintain and you won't easily find parts in panchi. TL will take a kings ransom to import them too. If you need anything, your best bet is a personal

Importer. PM me if you need a few contacts in that regard. Still, be prepared to wait at least 3-4 months for parts to arrive by freight

Reliability and pre-emptive maintenance are directly proportional. That about explains it I hope. With any car.

No particular Achilles heel on this car. Although try to get one that is well maintained and has as many bells and whistles intact as possible. Those finer things are harder to come by. Nothing is impossible to find tho, if you have the patience, pockets, and know where to look

G.S. Auto in panchikawatte/Rajagiriya is one of the better options for toyota parts, they should be able to sort out engine part importation.

toyodiy.com will also be helpful, it has the complete toyota parts catalog (like they use at the toyota lanka stores) online. More valuable than gold honestly!