• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw And Reliability

Magnum

Members,

I do not own any expensive vehicle like a MB or BMW. I always use a cheap vehicle.

But in my profession I come across most expensive vehicles in this country.

As other members say, no one will find a vehicle which is 100% reliable.

Bullet proof BMW also can give many problems if the vehicle is not maintained.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

to pay bank loans and credit card bills :)

Yes, as VVTI said , reliability is not a "YES" "NO" thing and it is not measurable.

But still reliability can be converted to a "comparable quality" if we can come up with a mathematical model.but unfortunately we don't have facts to do that.

What kind of facts???

need to go through all records in consumer reported problems (probably within warranty period) based on models and based on equivalent models made by other manufactures.and problem should be categorized based on a functional area and technical area.

NOTE : I am just kidding...............because i feel so sleepy :)

If you want to simply focus on out and out reliability the Japanese marques take the trophy. That is their forte and that is their unique selling point. They have longer development and test cycles which means the final product is more stable and thus reliable. But this does mean certain technology takes a longer time to be adopted by Japanese manufacturers. This is not strictly true in all cases though as certain technologies have been pioneered by the Japanese but their products have a more robust product development cycle and are more conservative in their adoption. Most new models are evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

But as you can understand nobody can accurately test for wear and tear over a period of time. What everybody has are simulations.

The European manufacturers are a lot more inovative. They are constantly trying to integrate new approaches and new technology and the time from lab to the production floor is minimized. This does mean that early editions often suffer from niggles which are mostly corrected under warranty (and the dealerships play a key role here and are extremely customer focused) The premium brands also produce vehicles of levels of sophistication for which there are few direct comparables. This is what delivers the so called "euro feel" of robust engineering and ride quality. And with anything as sophisticated, when things break down fixing is also a sophisticated affair and at times expensive.

So there is as always a bit of give and take. Lexus is probably the brand which offers the best compromise, but even they can't quite reach the Germans in terms of drivability, and when they make something which is class leading like the LFA it costs more than most cars in that class!

Little tip. Ain't no one getting fat going to BK. Unless all you are having is that Hersheys thing and the ice cream.

Heard that the lines are thinning at BK... guess they did not heed our warning about the sizes...