• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Route Recommendation - Colombo - Dambulla ?

dieahrd

Question

I've heard that there is extensive road work going on Kurunegala - Dambulla road and its closed for traffic from time to time. Can somebody who travelled recently through that area comment on the following;

1. Condition of the Kuru - Dambulla stretch

2. Alternate routes to Dambulla

Travelling with a toddler and stuck in a long queue would be a nightmare..

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Have to travel to Sigiriya tomorrow. what is the convenient route from Colombo? thanks.

should I take the airport>giriulla> a6 to sigiriya?via dambulla?

or alternative route on google which shows wariyapola>saliyagama and galnewa route and come down to dambulla again?

thanks in advance.

I also wanted to go to sembuwatta. But gave up the idea as it is not reachable by car.

It’s pretty much reachable by car now. I took my car up there to the old tea factory with 5 people and luggage without any issues. But I'm not sure whether low ground clearance cars such as the prius can reach the top without scraping the bottom. With any private vehicle you can go only up to the tea factory as they are constructing the road to the lake, after the construction I think any vehicle will be able to reach the top. But for now you have to park the car at the factory and take a 3 wheeler (which are parked there) or travel by foot to the top (only about 1km). Nice place to visit on a sunny day.