• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Number Plates After A Ownership Tranfer

danesh

Question

Hi,
I got my vehicle registration book after a normal transfer (it took more than 2 months) and since province has changed I had to change vehicle number plates as well.

Do I have to collect new number plates from Narahenpita head office or from Werahera branch office ? Do I have to bring Vehicle Identity card sticker along with old number plates to get new one ?

It was not more than 2 days after receiving new registration book and I am not sure if the plates are ready to issue. Do you think I can get them immediately without a delay within a day ?

Looking forward for your advice and thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Danesh

6 answers to this question

Thanks Crosswind for your quick reply. By the way this is transfer from Central province to Western Province and therefore I assume we can get it easily from Colombo or Werahera branch rather than waiting for them to send number plates to divisional secretariat office

Please correct me if I am wrong.

I think then it would be RMV Narahenpita. They have a seperate number plate branch there and I collected mine which also transferred from CP to WP. You have to provide your old plates + stcker along with a copy of vehicle registration book and NIC copy as I can remember.

Owner himself has to be present or else a letter of consent is required.

Edited by hrm

On 10/5/2014 at 4:08 PM, danesh said:

Hi,
I got my vehicle registration book after a normal transfer (it took more than 2 months) and since province has changed I had to change vehicle number plates as well.

Do I have to collect new number plates from Narahenpita head office or from Werahera branch office ? Do I have to bring Vehicle Identity card sticker along with old number plates to get new one ?

It was not more than 2 days after receiving new registration book and I am not sure if the plates are ready to issue. Do you think I can get them immediately without a delay within a day ?

Looking forward for your advice and thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Danesh