• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ae100 Idel Problem

Samsam

My car is Toyota AE 100 and year 1991. When I start the car it gets 900RPM. But while I'm driving it gets 1800RPM as Idle RPM. (When gas pedal is released and held clutch pedal). Sometime it works normally. Then vehicle idle RPM is not steady. It may differ from 900RPM. I want to know that it is the problem of throttle body sensor or ECU. How I can solve the problem. I asked form several garage but they were not able to offer me better solution. Please help..! thank you

Edited by Samsam

Sounds like a sticky Idle Air Control Valve as GayanR stated. Before replacing the ICV, get a tune up done so that the throttle body and ICV are cleaned in the process. If the ICV is sticky, this should solve your problem.

If the issue persists after the tuneup, you may have to replace the ICV.

+1 to davy a fully engine tune up might solve this problem if you haven't done any recently.also finding a genuine iacv will be bit tough as well as it will cost around 10 to 15k.

Plenty of used bits available in the Watte area. I think the cost will be closer to 5000.

one of my friend faced this kind of problem , as you said when driver release the gas pedal and fully pressed the clutch , car maintains some high RPM for 2-3 seconds and then drops to somewhat around 1000RPM.

cleanup of the "air intake path components" solved the problem.then i think full tune up might solve your problem.

Edited by MV-5