• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Digital Car Air Compressor

Nishan.dj

Question

Hi guys,

Have you used a Digital Car Air Compressor like this one on eBay? I couldn't find it in the local market and thinking of getting it from eBay. It may be used for a motorbike or a Jeep (4DR5 - if possible).

But before placing the order, I would like to know a real users view if any of you have used it. Therefore please post a reply with your experience.

I am thinking of getting a digital one because I think that It could be easy to use and also could be more accurate than other ones.

Appreciate your reply. Thank you.

[http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-250PSI-DIGITAL-ELECTRINIC-AIR-COMPRESSOR-PUMP-AUTO-CAR-VAN-TYRE-INFLATOR-/390679903351?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5af6563c77]

5 answers to this question

I'd say avoid these ebay / chinese pumps as I have used several of these and the efficiency lasts for only 6 months to 1 year, maybe useful for a emergency etc

I'd highly recommend the OEM Toyota Air Pump, small size (about 5x5 inches), pretty much lasts forever. It was standard kit on the Land Cruiser 100s 200s and Hilux , also some of the larger cars ( Camry etc )

can completely inflate a 31'x10.5 tyre, no digital gauge of course, needs manual adjustment

Saw some advertised a while ago, but none now,

Agree with tiv. These are not suitable for regular use.

I have been using a cycle pump with guage for couple of years now. Cost was only 550/- as I remember. The guage is not accurate; I am used to it with the experience now. I use it once every two weeks to check air pressure in two cars. Serves as a great emergency tool. Requires some effort to inflate a fully flat tyre, but it is manageable.

It is also a Chinese make. However, it has lasted enough to cover the value.

It doesn't look very convincing to me either. I have seen several compressors that use the lighter adapter struggle. And the cheaper ones take ages to fill one tyre and overheat in the process. Ultimately they give up within months. You might even have to jack the tyre up and let the compressor cool between wheels.

I bought an ARB compressor which comes mounted in it's own heavy duty plastic box. Takes under 2 minutes per tyre (31 inch) to go from 10 to 35 psi. Costs considerably more but I feel it's a worthwhile investment.

This it what i use. Can't tell much about the reliability since i only tested once for car. Mostly used for inflating toys and sporting items.. I'm also using other equipment / tools from this brand and i'm very satisfied. I got this one for $19.99. I found a deal one day and it was sold at $19.99. you have to be alert for deals and you will get items for good price.

Craftsman 12V Portable Inflator w/ Digital Tire Pressure Gauge - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Craftsman-12V-Portable-Inflator-w-Digital-Tire-Pressure-Gauge-Car-Pump-Portable-/181585633957?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a4758e2a5

Same as many Portable Inflators for cars out there in the market this is very easy to use. Easiest way is set the tire pressure you want and switch on. It will automatically cut-off when it reached the correct value. This also comes with many accessories to pump air for other stuff like Toys, etc..