• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Vezel - Auto Lowering Mirror Is Not Working

ans

I am not against any new car owner here, but one of my uncles who bought a Vezel was quite upset when I rolled down all four windows of my G.Punto via the remote key.

:) it must have been a pe*is invert moment for him I guess.

Fcking awesome feature that is.. even my old E36 and E39 had that..... :) Even the Sunroof is connected to that.

• Like 1

Really? Just a quick look at the classified tells me there's a

2001 S class for 5.5mil

2000 E class(210) (diesel facelift) for 3.5 mil

2003 E Class(211) one for 4.3 another for 4.7

2006 BMW 5 Series for 5.7mil

All of these will have every single feature on a Vezel and features that would be introduced on Vezels (or their equivalents) 6-7 years in the future. Imagine the amount of class, presence, and luxury those vehicles carry. Besides, it would not just make your neighbor jealous, but your neighbor's brother-in-law too. :P

And yes, the next "pro" that the herd will say is "fuel economy". Let's be frank if you can spend 5 million on a car, pumping petrol for it shouldnt be a problem. The problem occurs when people buy cars beyond their means (and we all know why people do that), and cant afford the maintenance and fuel consumption that comes with it.

PS:

And I bet if you bought that diesel E-class and ran it like a colombo-katharagama bus, even at the end of 5 yeas of ownership you would have spent less on fuel than a vezel. (and dont foget the 1.5million you saved up-font, the depiciation of a brand new vehicle, and the insurance premium of a more expensive vehicle).

I roll with the knowledge that my daily driver 155 cost me less to buy and fix than then monetary and value loss suffered by the first batch of Vezel owners since the tax cut... :)

and baby got new Brembos, discs, pads...and can't wait to install them over the holidays!

3000 bucks worth of gas gets you to Matara and back... :)

Edited by VVTi

2001 S class for 5.5mil

All of these will have every single feature on a Vezel and features that would be introduced on Vezels (or their equivalents) 6-7 years in the future. Imagine the amount of class, presence, and luxury those vehicles carry. Besides, it would not just make your neighbor jealous, but your neighbor's brother-in-law too. :P

And yes, the next "pro" that the herd will say is "fuel economy". Let's be frank if you can spend 5 million on a car, pumping petrol for it shouldnt be a problem. The problem occurs when people buy cars beyond their means (and we all know why people do that), and cant afford the maintenance and fuel consumption that comes with it.

PS:

And I bet if you bought that diesel E-class and ran it like a colombo-katharagama bus, even at the end of 5 yeas of ownership you would have spent less on fuel than a vezel. (and dont foget the 1.5million you saved up-font, the depiciation of a brand new vehicle, and the insurance premium of a more expensive vehicle).

Mercs are expensive to maintaintain isn't it?

Does the maintenance cost of a vezel and a Merc in the same range?

• Like 1

2001 S class for 5.5mil

PS:

damn true. specially the PS.

people are willing to pay a high premium at the beginning to achieve extra 2-3 km per liter forgetting the fact that they can run so called "less fuel economical" car another 5-8 years with that premium.

I am not against any new car owner here, but one of my uncles who bought a Vezel was quite upset when I rolled down all four windows of my G.Punto via the remote key.

:) it must have been a pe*is invert moment for him I guess.

Did u know even the chinese piece of sh*t Geely CK has that ? ;)

... and here are some options that Vezels may come with, in 2020... and our morons will brag about...

1. Auto lowering shutters and sunroof via remote key

2. Guide-me-home headlamps

3. On-board diagnostics on multifunction display

4. Curtain airbags

5. Voice command system (anybody want to start a Japanese tuition class?)

6. Light-sensitive headlamps

7. Glove compartment (cubby-hole) cooling system

8. Heated rear-view mirrors

9. Lockable wheel nuts

10. Remote-key operated headlamps

oh... and these have been available in Euros since early 2000's

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1

You Vezel owners just don't get it do you.

Have you heard of something called TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP?

It's purchase cost + lease interest + fuel cost + maintenance cost + insurance + revenue license + service cost + any other associated costs + loss of money when you finally sell the car

If you calculate ALL THAT, you will find buying a Merc is more cost-effective...

oh... and these have been available in Euros since early 2000's

Before that... my 1996 E36 had auto dimming rear view, OBD with MFD, Heated rear view, lockable wheel nuts, remote window open/close, cant even remember some of the other goodies.

• Like 1

I had a lot fun with the Axio/Allion crowd bragging about the "amazing starter button" on their cars...I'd show them the starter buttons on 1940s and 50s cars and that shut the buggers up....Yes yes I know the newer ones are keyless entry and all and guess what my cars are keyless entry too. :P

And to those are unfamiliar with old cars.Checkout the start procedure of a 50s Brit on the video below.

• Like 1

Every car has some expensive parts n cheap parts. Couple of months ago an idiot did an abrupt lane change banging into the side of our Merc W123. The front fender beading and signal light needed to be replaced. Total cost of the 2 parts, Rs.3000. I bought some OEM german diesel/oil filters for our diesel W210 each around Rs.900 in Singapore.

Japanese cars too are pretty high tech. They suffer from the same issues that gave European cars this 'high maintenance' reputation a few decades ago. For example you take your Vezel for this very "mirror issue" and see how much the agent charges.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

Aparaadey 5,000,000 rupees.... :)

For less than 3,000,000 one could have all the bells and whistles and still maintain bragging rights. LOL

Vezels are are as common now as Bajaj tuk tuks. The chances of you hitting a Bajaj or a Vezel in any random accident is higher than ever before.

We have a stupid c**t who drives a Vezel in our car park, cant park it properly with all the gizmos. She makes 100 point turns just to get the car out of her own designated car park. Typical.

• Like 1

I had a lot fun with the Axio/Allion crowd bragging about the "amazing starter button" on their cars...I'd show them the starter buttons on 1940s and 50s cars and that shut the buggers up....Yes yes I know the newer ones are keyless entry and all and guess what my cars are keyless entry too. :P

And to those are unfamiliar with old cars.Checkout the start procedure of a 50s Brit on the video below.

That beat is sofa king lovely.

When the local axio/allion crowd start a circle-jerk about push-start, I usually remind them that Bajaj threewheelers and TVS scooters have them. That usually makes their phalluses go flaccid.

2001 S class for 5.5mil

PS:

That's true. merc are different class. But we cant afford brand new BMW. Honestly i cant see any alternative solution around 5 Mil. compared to vezel. (not just because i own it) ,

That's true. merc are different class. But we cant afford brand new BMW. Honestly i cant see any alternative solution around 5 Mil. compared to vezel. (not just because i own it) ,

You would be surprised. Honestly speaking, if I had 5 million to burn, borrowed or not, I wouldn't buy a Vezel. It is not even proper Crossover. I would go for a GP5 and bank the rest. GP5 will moer or less do the same as a Vezel, and make less of a visual impact.

You don't see an alternative? or is it that you dont want to look at it... It's ridiculous how people try to justify their complexes with "good economics and sensibility". Let's be frank.. you cant brag about the "new" car you bought when it's 8 years old, right?

You would be surprised. Honestly speaking, if I had 5 million to burn, borrowed or not, I wouldn't buy a Vezel. It is not even proper Crossover. I would go for a GP5 and bank the rest. GP5 will moer or less do the same as a Vezel, and make less of a visual impact.

Exact reason why I opt for a GP5 as a second.

Same amount of space, still more economical, less useless options

Only issue will be the marginal ground clearance.

Oh I got the one with balls (body kit)

You don't see an alternative? or is it that you dont want to look at it... It's ridiculous how people try to justify their complexes with "good economics and sensibility". Let's be frank.. you cant brag about the "new" car you bought when it's 8 years old, right?

nope.. it's not a sensible thought to use hybrid for 8 years. have to change within 3-5 years. Anyway, if we dont mind the age, there are some old golds as alternatives. still it is depends on the personal preference. :)

nope.. it's not a sensible thought to use hybrid for 8 years. have to change within 3-5 years. Anyway, if we dont mind the age, there are some old golds as alternatives. still it is depends on the personal preference. :)

You're missing the point, what watchman means is that the reason you and others like you would buy Weasels (ahem sorry, Vezels) instead of the more interesting options available at the price is because YOU want to have a "New" vehicle to one up the neighbours!

u mean alfa 155 or forester?

funny you should ask, last Saturday on a full tank of gas pumped in Thunmulla, I went to Trinco and came back with the low fuel light coming on only in Giriulla. Pumped only in Minuwangoda... 540Kms round trip with 45lts in the Forester... not bad, eh?

funny you should ask, last Saturday on a full tank of gas pumped in Thunmulla, I went to Trinco and came back with the low fuel light coming on only in Giriulla. Pumped only in Minuwangoda... 540Kms round trip with 45lts in the Forester... not bad, eh?

Why do hybrids exist !!! when u get 12kmpl in a Forester... my dream machine ;)

Why do hybrids exist !!! when u get 12kmpl in a Forester... my dream machine ;)

Get a CRV (RM2) will do better 16kmpl (Malabe - Kurunegala - Puttalam - Peliyagoda)

Sadly it does only 7kmpl on my daily Colombo commute.

This is where Hybrids count.

By the way most people do not buy Hybrids for fuel economy but for the low purchase price because of the idiotic tax system.

If you import a Honda Fit non-hybrid it will cost over Rs. 4.8 Mn. whereas the Hybrid will be less than Rs. 4.0 Mn.

Hopefully your fuel saving will offset the high value loss in resale

• 2 months later...

Yes, I had fun too, when I tell this Push Start freaks, that many Military Tanks, rough land vehicles, some steam rollers, locomotives has the same "feature" they brag for ages.........I can see jaw drops...........