• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Used Japanese Or Brand-New Indian?

Happa123

Question

Hi all,

I am new to this and I'm planning to buy my first car. My budget is around 1.8M. I want to know which would be the best option among buying a used Japanese car and brand-new Indian car.

How would be the fuel efficiency in used Japanese car? Is it almost same as its brand-new condition? Will they require frequent repairs?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I had to pause buying a car for few months and now I'm back in the track. Currently I'm thinking of Lancer CS1 or 3 and Mazda 323. I'm unable to select one between 323 or Lancer and could not find a proper comparison for this in AL. I'm greatful if someone can compare Lancer CS and Mazda 323. Thanks in advance.

I prefer used Jap than a indian car.

I don't know much about the Lancer and some people are talk about difference between Lancer GDI and EFI model. so you better get some good advice from a actual owner. if you need to know about the 323 i can help you.

Edited by malinda7

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LashNeo" data-cid="273002" data-time="1424837970"><p>

Since you have made up your mind to go for a used Jap. I would like to suggest you to widen your choices. Dont limit your selection for common models like the Nissan FB15s and Toyota 110s. As one member has pointed out, it might be a bit difficult to find well maintained specimens of those common models since often they go from one hand to another; gets neglected and gets patched up and resold. Theres nothing wrong with those car models. Its just the matter with majority of the crowd who owns them. But, if you widen your selection and go for a Mazda BJ series, Mitsubishi CS series or Honda EK series, you might be able to find a better maintained one fairly easily since more often, these models are used by enthusiasts who really care for their cars. And if you go for a Mazda or a Mitsubishi youll be able to find a better kept car for a lesser price tag as well. But always keep in mind that youll have to attend to some repairs here and there as you are buying a car thats around a decade old. So, if you find a good used JAP, get a good mechanical inspection done and keep aside some money for those repairs. If you can get an estimation on the repairs, you can bargain with the owner and get the price reduced. After purchasing, spend some time and complete all those repairs including the minor niggles as well and you are good to go for another 3-5 years without much hassle.<br />

<br />

If your maximum budget is 1.8million, better to look for something in the 1.65-1.75 million range since then youll have a financial cushion to attend any repairs that may need attention.</p></blockquote>