• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Ex Or Civic Fd1

sasika

Question

Guys,

One of my friends is interested in buying one of the above mentioned cars and he's in doubt for which one to go for. He has went through some classifieds and he said he's biased towards the Mitsu.. But the main concern is that almost all EX 2007,08 cars have done about 100,000km while many civics around half the distance. So he seeks advise.

Thanks

Edited by sasika

15 answers to this question

if it was me, I would look at the mileage. Both cars are good for general everyday use so why pay more for a car which has been used more. Just a point, in countries like the UK the mileage on the car determines the re sale value and most guys rent a car when they travel long distance.

if it was me, I would look at the mileage. Both cars are good for general everyday use so why pay more for a car which has been used more. Just a point, in countries like the UK the mileage on the car determines the re sale value and most guys rent a car when they travel long distance.

People who rotate odometers are continuously in business because of dumbasses like you. Due to the sheer demand, they can make a career out of it and provide their services for just 1500 bucks each.

• Like 1

There's a place in Nugegoda called C*r Ch*cks that finds if the odometer is tampered with along with many other inspections. Haven't used their services so this is not a recommendation. Always check service records. It's easy if it's from the 1st owner. Otherwise you never know what the previous owners did to odometer. Most of the time it's a hit or miss with used vehicles.

EX vs FD - Don't know much about EX but FD does about 7-8 per liter so consider that as well, especially if this is for daily use in insane traffic.

• Like 1

People who rotate odometers are continuously in business because of dumbasses like you. Due to the sheer demand, they can make a career out of it and provide their services for just 1500 bucks each.

Well, I was thinking the same.. It shouldn't matter if the car has went through proper maintenance right?

Ya right. now look at this tread its all about mileage.

So a simply connecting it to a computer should reveal the actual milage.. Thanks buddy.. :)

Thats not how it works, you get a mileage tamper warning and then it goes to a really large default value.

While the warning is there you can fix it with authorised equipment which a dealer would have.

Unfortunately due to an EU ruling the same equipment is available to authorised third party garages and some have fallen into the wrong hands, so though the mileage might be stored in the ECU and multiple places in some Euroes its not impossible to clock those too (sometimes for legitimate reasons like a faulty speedo)

Ya right. now look at this tread its all about mileage.

To prevent threads from going off a tangent, stop giving wrong advice to people. "I would look at the mileage" is not the way to examine a car in this country. There are cars that have even 100000+km on the clock, which have been maintained properly and I would buy one of those any day, over a car with non-existent records.

Again, stop giving wrong advice to people.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone.. I think he'll go for a EX :) What I found out was that Lancer owners(majority) has taken care of their vehicles better compared to civics.. Few cars we looked at were in stunning condition mechanically..

Thanks again for the help guys..