• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lesser Discussed Cars..

Baw

Question

hi every one,

I am going to buy my first car.(budget around 1.3m)

there are many suggestions japan,Indian,made cars and also kia,kelisa .....

how abut these cars??

ford laser

​Peugeot 406

​Volkswagen passat 1999

Renault laguna

plz share ur ideas...

thank u.....

10 answers to this question

I was wondering if there are chatter box cars after seeing this thread. Real watti amma type cars.

Yup I came across this old Trans Am that wouldn't shut up.It kept going on about engaging "turbo boost" and when I told it to shut up it started crying and asked for Bonnie.

• Like 5

Ideally this should have been titled 'Lesser discussed cars' or something but anyways good way to grab attention - I sure as drawn to it out of pure curiosity.

But on your topic- one of my buddies brought his first car about a year ago and it was a 1990s laser. it's rock solid, highly reliable & decent on fuel so far he's only had to change the shocks (and that too after a 500 km road trip with his gigantic family :lol: )

• Like 1

Here comes my two cents for you :)

As several forum members have pointed out, if it’s your first car, and if your knowledge in automobiles is not very good, it’s always better to go for a safer option. In that case the best option would be the ford laser. It’s a car without many bells and whistles but yet rather exciting to drive. Mechanically, It’s on the same platform as the Mazda BJ series (BJ5P, BJ3P etc.) which is very common in Sri Lanka and therefore it would be fairly easy to source parts for it and it’s reliable as the Mazda BJ as well. It might be a bit difficult to find body parts though. But then again sourcing body parts for a Passat or a Laguna would be more difficult. Therefore; if reliability and maintenance is your main concern go for a Ford Laser.

On the other hand, if you are not concerned about maintenance, a more exciting option would be the Peugeot 406. It’s a more luxurious car with more options and better looks. But, more options mean more maintenance. Therefore; you might have to spend more on parts and maintenance costs. I believe the cost of spare parts for a Peugeot would be higher than a ford laser. But, it’s not a bad car by any means. It’s one of the best looking sedans that came to local market in the 90’s. For the options it offers it’s actually a bargain for the price. (Electric seats, Rain sensing wipers, headlight washers, cruise control etc.

I don’t know much about the Passat, but my thinking on it is on the same lines as the 406 but to a lesser extent. As for the Laguna, it’s very rare in local market and therefore the safer option would be to avoid it. Don’t know much about its reliability either.

• Like 1

what is wrong with this gay bawwa? Lol

I mean this is not the first time someone called the forum members 'gays'. I even checked the keypad of the phone to see whether letter A is anywhere near U. Not even close. And also on the PC keyboard. They should be doing this on purpose or their autocorrect is in the favour of gay people lol

Edited by sathyajithj99
  • Like 3