• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vitz 3Rd Generation

BGUKS

Question

Dear all:

This is my first car.

• As I was told herein, I cannot buy a hybrid because of I am coming to Sri Lanka only 4 times a year.
  • I cannot rent a car because of I have to pay nearly 3+ lac for a one year (for 5 year it will be 15 lac +). And, I would rather like to have a my own car.
  • I don't want to take a risk (re-sale after 5 year) by purchasing a petrol sedan since market is likely moving towards hybrids. And, I kind of prefer hatchbacks
  • I want only an unregistered vehicle (2015)
  • And, i do not want to wait observing future market fluctuations

Looks like small vehicle market might be less vulnerable in the future ( for some extent/ may be: not true) and it is enough for my small family.

Now I have decided to buy a 2015 3rd generation vitz 1300cc since I learned from this forum/internet that 1300 model will be more fun to drive.

But, my friends bothering me to buy 1000 CC (5 lac less than 1300) Vitz because they think there is no market for 1300 CC (I am little confused though i do not expect to sell the car for the same price, and one day I only need to sell my car for any body for any reasonable price )

I really love this 3rd generation vehicle and i need good power. Anyhow, this vehicle will cost me nearly 4.1+/- million, but it is still good option for me than spending 63 lac for new Premio or Allion.

My questions are;

1. I really do not much worry about this 5 lac different if the vehicle gives me good performance than 1000CC. Will this fulfill my needs for better ?

2. Is there no market for 1300 ?

I have to select vehicle in this week (already advanced).

Guys... I love this new shape i I like to enjoy it with you - see the pictures

As of now, thanks for all of you who helped me in previous topics to get good decisions.

post-70486-0-57459700-1436391910_thumb.j

post-70486-0-88621900-1436392068_thumb.j

Edited by BGUKS

12 answers to this question

what you really need to consider here is depreciation. According to what i think, I have a feeling that spending for the same model will mean that the more expensive car will depreciate more since i have seen 2011 vitz 3rd generation vehicles going at 2.9 to 3 mil used. If you can preferably go for a 2012 or 2013 for around 3.1 to 3.3, it would be more advisable as the car would depreciate significantly less. However its your money and at the end of the day it comes down to what you exactly want and not what someone on on this forum tells you. Good luck with your decision and i hope that everything works out fine.

Dear all:

This is my first car.

• As I was told herein, I cannot buy a hybrid because of I am coming to Sri Lanka only 4 times a year.
  • I cannot rent a car because of I have to pay nearly 3+ lac for a one year (for 5 year it will be 15 lac +). And, I would rather like to have a my own car.
  • I don't want to take a risk (re-sale after 5 year) by purchasing a petrol sedan since market is likely moving towards hybrids. And, I kind of prefer hatchbacks

Looks like small vehicle market might be less vulnerable in the future ( for some extent/ may be: not true) and it is enough for my small family.

Now I have decided to buy a 2015 3rd generation vitz 1300cc since I learned from this forum/internet that 1300 model will be more fun to drive.

But, my friends bothering me to buy 1000 CC (5 lac less than 1300) Vitz because they think there is no market for 1300 CC (I am little confused though i do not expect to sell the car for the same price, and one day I only need to sell my car for any body for any reasonable price )

I really love this 3rd generation vehicle and i need good power. Anyhow, this vehicle will cost me nearly 4.1+/- million, but it is still good option for me than spending 63 lac for new Premio or Allion.

My questions are;

1. I really do not much worry about this 5 lac different if the vehicle gives me good performance than 1000CC. Will this fulfill my needs for better ?

As of now, thanks for all of you who helped me in previous topics to get good decisions.

As you like 1300 Vitz, buy it,

Don't buy anything to satisfy your friends,

Someday you may blame to yourself of listening to friends

I don't think "Re-sale" should be considered a lot nowadays. With the current trend and the fact that for a reasonable sum of money you can buy a brand new car I really don't think people can sell their car for the same price they brought or higher after 4-5 years as was the case in the past. [corollas,starlets,FB15s etc]

See, people can buy a B/N alto for 1.4 mill, a B/N celerio [mt] for 1.8 mill, a B/N WagonRHybrid for 2.5 mill or an unreg. GP1 for 3 Mill basically all the price brackets now have Brand new /unreg options so most people prefer to go for them than buying used cars.

• Like 1

I would really thank all of you for making it easy for me. Per all advises of yours, having them carefully noted, I would better buy 1300cc as I desired the model.

Good luck with the buy. If you like it and can afford it just go for it without overthinking. IMHO the newer vitz looks Waaay better than the old one which looked more like a household appliance.

• Like 1

Dear all:

This is my first car.

My questions are;

not true, most people i have talked to prefer the 1300cc cuz the 1000cc one is underpowered for our hilly roads it seems

• Like 2

Agreed with Magnum. If you look at the current second hand market for Vitz 2nd generation car, 1300cc one goes for few hundred thousand rupees more. Same will be true for the 3rd generation as well.

If I were you mate, I'd buy the 1300cc one. That power which comes with it plays quite a significant role when it comes to the driving experience, and you wont ever have to live in doubt about hilly roads and pulling power with max cargo cap.

Edited by ramishkad