• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buy A Car (1.4M - 1.7M)

sira

Question

Hi Guys

I 'm planning to upgrade my car. currently I got Civic Ek3, Exi 98 model . it has reached 168K mileage. so now I think it is very old and also giving small small issues. still ok and I love Honda.

what is the best car I can get with my range - 1.4-1.7m. I prefer below models

1. Nissan N16

2. Viva

3. Alto

4. Demio

5. mazda 323

any other ? please let me your views

sira

8 answers to this question

Hi sira,

If you love Honda, that should be because of the way it drives. The options you mentioned does not match a Honda in that regard. You'll feel that you have downgraded your car.

If the only reason you want to get rid of the Civic is that it gives trouble and you want a trouble free car, I think the newest you can buy with your budget is a Viva Elite.

If you still value the driving pleasure, I can recommend the Mazda Demio. I'm talking about the 2007+ model. So, it is not within your budget. Don't know how the pre 2007 Demio fairs the driving pleasure.

Why don't you write your priorities of the car you are looking for? Then it's easier for us to give you a recommendation.

But in my humble opinion, OP should spend some time in rectifying those "small small" issues.

Car enthusiasts will always do that.

Have ever get chance to drive Hatchback cars?

It is not comfortable compared to sedans (N16/323).

A car with a good care can reach upto 250/300K.

Edited by gnaveendra
  • Like 1

Hi Guys

I 'm planning to upgrade my car. currently I got Civic Ek3, Exi 98 model . it has reached 168K mileage. so now I think it is very old and also giving small small issues. still ok and I love Honda.

1. Nissan N16

2. Viva

3. Alto

4. Demio

5. mazda 323

sira

this would be a downgrade for you... from an Ek3 to a smaller hatch or a boring car like the n16

Following issues on my EK3 will give a headache. I normally DIY some of things and i was enjoying it. But now it looks it may cost me around 100K.

1. Differential backlash sound, "cluck" noise when release clutch. Cannot fixed rather dismantle gear box and do over hall.

2. Brake rotors has run out (small warp) and need to change them.

3. Drum brakes are out of the service limit. Need to replace them.

4. Sometime outside smoke coming in to car, cannot rectify the place. Re-pack the heater box, still issue is there

5. Replace the shocks no considerable difference. I think shock absorber springs are now work hardening. (They are not tend to depress smoothly) need to replace the springs.

6. Door looks motors are worn out. Difficult to sources them locally. Need a replacement of "Mabuchi" motors.

7. 2 Allow wheels got small warp and in 120,130 Kmph, car is wobbling. Need to change all wheels.

8. Head lights are yellowish and in 2, 3 months after polish, again get stained.

9. Replace the clutch plates, pressure plats with Japanese units last year, but now again clutch is bit a hard. Not smooth as it initially.

Will update some of them in future

Out of the list, viva would be trouble free with respective to the age for a person like you who has already go in to trouble that car gives as age goes.

A friend of mine who got a sound knowledge of automobile, as a person who had driven Mazda Demio old model, once recommend the car highly, I remember.

Better research !

Following issues on my EK3 will give a headache. I normally DIY some of things and i was enjoying it. But now it looks it may cost me around 100K.

1. Differential backlash sound, "cluck" noise when release clutch. Cannot fixed rather dismantle gear box and do over hall.

2. Brake rotors has run out (small warp) and need to change them.

3. Drum brakes are out of the service limit. Need to replace them.

4. Sometime outside smoke coming in to car, cannot rectify the place. Re-pack the heater box, still issue is there

5. Replace the shocks no considerable difference. I think shock absorber springs are now work hardening. (They are not tend to depress smoothly) need to replace the springs.

6. Door looks motors are worn out. Difficult to sources them locally. Need a replacement of "Mabuchi" motors.

7. 2 Allow wheels got small warp and in 120,130 Kmph, car is wobbling. Need to change all wheels.

8. Head lights are yellowish and in 2, 3 months after polish, again get stained.

9. Replace the clutch plates, pressure plats with Japanese units last year, but now again clutch is bit a hard. Not smooth as it initially.

Will update some of them in future

Ok. If you are willing to do the compromise you can buy a 2012-2013 Viva Elite Manual one and drive it with peace of mind.

• Like 1

Hi Guys

1. Nissan N16

2. Viva

3. Alto

4. Demio

5. mazda 323

sira

Riding Pleasure is Different between Sedans and Hatchbacks

What about Nissan FB15 and Lancer CS1,

Anyway Hatchbacks are more fuel efficient than Sedans