• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying My First Car

udayanga_

Question

Hi Friends,

I want to buy a new car

Usage: Daily driving 18 km and i drivel 450 km monthly to up country.

Budget: 2.5 to 2.9 Mn (2.8 Mn)

Model: Hatchback or Sedan.

Perfected Models within my budget:

1. Suzuski Swift Japan: 1.3L

2. Honda Fit Aria 1.5 L (good fuel economy but some people say this car has gear box issue, However people are using this car)

3. Honda Fit GE6 1.3L ( Hard to find )

4. Suzuki Wagon R Hybrid (brand new car with 650 C(low capacity) engine. This car worth for price i pay.However, not sure about the pulling power and suitable for my long drive to up country)

I preferred above models coz i can can buy low millage( 50k to 65k km) car with my budget. Apart of that Toyata passo and Vitz are available. Apart of passo, Vitz is overpriced car with high millage plus 1000 CC engine.

Which are should i buy, if you prefer better car apart of above list please let me know.

Thanks!

This 'a such car' , did you check the book (in other words 'vahanaye potha').

There's a box for manufactured country. Or did the owner tell you it's Japanese?

Yes i checked. Also i asked from the owner and he says its japan.

Apparently this owner is actually my father. I know the car from the day we imported it. That is why i repeatedly said what i knew. Infact the book says country of origin as japan. I can mention a pic as a proof but i will not waste my time on this anymore. I do not know whether there are thailand made brand new imports. That is why i inquired it from you, but i highly doubt that.

Actually I'Im confused whether you and I are from the same galaxy or in seperate parallel universes :D

Hehe. Me too wondering whether we are in the same universe. But infact the technology must be so advanced that we can reply to the same thread residing in different universes.lol :)

I think we both don't have to waste our valuable time on this. But let me tell you something machan.

There's a difference between country of origin and country of manufacture as I know.

Once I went to A#W to check on new sunny 2013 and got an estimate

It said country of origin -Japan

Country of manufacture - India.

It's like mentioning 'Japanese technology ' on advertisements of Maruti suzuki on papers.

Edited by sathyajithj99

Yes you maybe right. But in this case the vehicle identification sticker on the car also says its japan. That is actually the manufacturing country as far as i know. But the country of origin cannot be there in the book just because the technology of that country is used.

I was working in a Logistic company in Malaysia providing transportation services to Toyota Malaysia, In fact they imported some parts from Japan, some from Thailand and some from Singapore as well..I know this well as we were involving in clearing those from the port. Seats for Vios, Camry and Avenza were outsourced to a company called TS Lear Automotive in Malaysia. So the origin of the parts of the car from all over, but assembled in Malaysia..Finally it's shipped from Japan.So technically speaking If you don't buy a JDM version of a Toyota, why worrying of the country of origin? coz it can be anywhere.. :D

Hmm...
is there much difference betwwen JDM and other one?
Btw good new is therefore ppl love to buy new Japanese vehicles :>>>
But i dnt expect much reduction in price levels.
http://lankaanews.com/%E0%B6%A2%E0%B6%B4%E0%B6%B1%E0%B7%8A-%E0%B7%80%E0%B7%8F%E0%B7%84%E0%B6%B1-%E0%B6%B8%E0%B7%92%E0%B6%BD-%E0%B6%9C%E0%B6%AB%E0%B6%B1%E0%B7%8A-%E0%B6%B4%E0%B7%84%E0%B6%AD-%E0%B6%BA%E0%B6%BA%E0%B7%92/