• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying My First Car

udayanga_

Question

Hi Friends,

I want to buy a new car

Usage: Daily driving 18 km and i drivel 450 km monthly to up country.

Budget: 2.5 to 2.9 Mn (2.8 Mn)

Model: Hatchback or Sedan.

Perfected Models within my budget:

1. Suzuski Swift Japan: 1.3L

2. Honda Fit Aria 1.5 L (good fuel economy but some people say this car has gear box issue, However people are using this car)

3. Honda Fit GE6 1.3L ( Hard to find )

4. Suzuki Wagon R Hybrid (brand new car with 650 C(low capacity) engine. This car worth for price i pay.However, not sure about the pulling power and suitable for my long drive to up country)

I preferred above models coz i can can buy low millage( 50k to 65k km) car with my budget. Apart of that Toyata passo and Vitz are available. Apart of passo, Vitz is overpriced car with high millage plus 1000 CC engine.

Which are should i buy, if you prefer better car apart of above list please let me know.

Thanks!

Thanks for your comments.
Vios is good Car with 1500 CC engine. However, 2004 or 2005 cars are now in the market done 100,000+ km old and purchasing car will lead to high maintenance cost in future. Same with the 121 as well.

Belta 2008 is new car and can buy low millage car but it has 1000 cc engine. It is enough for big car like that?
Vitz with 1.3L engine is hard to find in the market.

Thanks for your comments.

Vios is good Car with 1500 CC engine. However, 2004 or 2005 cars are now in the market done 100,000+ km old and purchasing car will lead to high maintenance cost in future. Same with the 121 as well.

Belta 2008 is new car and can buy low millage car but it has 1000 cc engine. It is enough for big car like that?

Vitz with 1.3L engine is hard to find in the market.

Belta's come in 1300cc also and they share same engine with Vitz. Howver adds quote 3 million up for 1300 Belta. What about 2007/8 Yaris?

Edited by hrm

Any comments about

2. Honda Fit Aria 1.5 L (good fuel economy but some people say this car has gear box issue, However people are using this car)

what is difference between Yaris and Belta? Both comes with 1.3L most of the Yaris comes with manual. What about the fuel economy between Vios, Yaris and belta?
Thanks for your comments

Any comments about

what is difference between Yaris and Belta? Both comes with 1.3L most of the Yaris comes with manual. What about the fuel economy between Vios, Yaris and belta?

Thanks for your comments

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/17294-belta-20072008-or-allion-240/

hope this link might help

Belta's come in 1300cc also and they share same engine with Vitz. Howver adds quote 3 million up for 1300 Belta. What about 2007/8 Yaris?

Yes 2007-8 1.3 L beltas are overpriced 2008 ones are sometimes upto 3.2 million. Yaris is possible to be bought for a reasonable price. there are plenty of first owner vehicles brought for permits that are well maintained.

Any comments about

Thanks for your comments

The GE6 is an excellent car. Plenty of space excellent pickup and it's not overpriced you can get a good car for your budget. Only things to lookout for is the CVT gear box - if you can find a car that has been well maintained (oil changes done at the right times with genuine oil)

and preferably a low mileage one then that's the best choice. BUT finding it is the most difficult part.

I've driven my friends GE6 and gradually fell in love with it and wanted to buy one but i had trouble finding one that met the above criteria after searching for months. my friend brought his car in 2011 and been using it with regular maintenance and has given miles and miles of trouble free driving.

Any comments about

Thanks for your comments

Roughly the differences are

1. Belta is built in Japan and Yaris mainly built in Thailand and someother countries.

2 Belta is a domestic edition (JDM) and Yaris is export version.

3. Belta has softer suspension and more comfy than Yaris.

4. Belta has CVT transmission(4WD has normal auto) and Yaris comes with a normal auto gear box or a manual gear box. (Belta could be doing little more on fuel than Yaris)

5. Belta comes with either 1L(1kr-fe) or 1.3L(2sz-fe) engine and Yaris comes with 1.3L(2nz-fe) engine. (1.5L available for Yaris?)

Edited by hrm

I think to buy Yaris 1.3L. As said i can find good car from the market. However, most of the yaris available in market are manual type cars.
As i found on web fuel Economy : (kmpl) city limits 13km-14km , (kmpl) Out stations15.5km-17.5km(with low acceleration)
these figures are not bad figures.
Thanks for you comments !

I think to buy Yaris 1.3L. As said i can find good car from the market. However, most of the yaris available in market are manual type cars.

As i found on web fuel Economy : (kmpl) city limits 13km-14km , (kmpl) Out stations15.5km-17.5km(with low acceleration)

these figures are not bad figures.

Thanks for you comments !

You won't get those fuel figures in real life. Maybe with a hybrid.

What you might get is 8-10 in city limits and 12-14 outstation

Depends on your driving style.

Roughly the differences are

1. Belta is built in Japan and Yaris mainly built in Thailand and someother countries.

2 Belta is a domestic edition (JDM) and Yaris is export version.

3. Belta has softer suspension and more comfy than Yaris.

4. Belta has CVT transmission(4WD has normal auto) and Yaris comes with a normal auto gear box or a manual gear box. (Belta could be doing little more on fuel than Yaris)

5. Belta comes with either 1L(1kr-fe) or 1.3L(2sz-fe) engine and Yaris comes with 1.3L(2nz-fe) engine. (1.5L available for Yaris?)

You are wrong on first point at least. Yaris is not built in Thailand. It is a Japanese made. Cars imported for permits are made in Japan for sure as they are brought down brand new from agents. Beltas are the ones that can be made in different countries since they are not brought through the agents.

You are wrong on first point at least. Yaris is not built in Thailand. It is a Japanese made. Cars imported for permits are made in Japan for sure as they are brought down brand new from agents. Beltas are the ones that can be made in different countries since they are not brought through the agents.

Who is this 'chimpa'nzee spreading lies? :D

I don't agree. There's no such thing that every permit licensed car or every agent imported car should be made in Japan (Yaris infact). Just do a simple search for Yaris and Belta. Simply think why reconditioned Belta's are expensive than brandnew Yaris of same vintage.

Edited by hrm

I don't agree. There's no such thing that every permit licensed car or every agent imported car should be made in Japan (Yaris infact). Just do a simple search for Yaris and Belta. Simply think why reconditioned Belta's are expensive than brandnew Yaris of same vintage.

Yes I agree on your point about agent imports. Not every car should be like that. But I know for fact Yaris brought down for permit around 2007/2008 were Japanese made.

Yes I agree on your point about agent imports. Not every car should be like that. But I know for fact Yaris brought down for permit around 2007/2008 were Japanese made.

I thought it was another boring Sunday. Please give me five minutes to prepare some popcorn. :D:P

• Like 1

Â

Hehe. I should be wrong on Belta, since it is the JDM version it should be made in Japan. So that part may not correct, that is why I said 'CAN BE'.Â

Chimpa is a good boy. He learns so quickly :D

What did you find about yaris machan?

Edited by sathyajithj99

What i said about 2008 brand new import yaris is still valid because i know a such car. Do you have any other proof on that the cars in sri lankan roads are made in thailand?

This 'a such car' , did you check the book (in other words 'vahanaye potha').

There's a box for manufactured country. Or did the owner tell you it's Japanese?

This 'a such car' , did you check the book (in other words 'vahanaye potha').

There's a box for manufactured country. Or did the owner tell you it's Japanese?

I asked you a question machan. Do you know any brand new import yaris around 2008 that are thailand made?