• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Civic Es Series. Is It A Lemon?

BuBi

Why Honda Civic ES series (ES1, ES5 and ES8) failed to gain the similar fame as it's older brother the EK series in Sri Lanka? This odd question has baffled my mind for some time. What are you thinking guys?

• Like 1

Why Honda Civic ES series (ES1, ES5 and ES8) failed to gain the similar fame as it's older brother the EK series in Sri Lanka? This odd question has baffled my mind for some time. What are you thinking guys?

What does that even mean?

There's nothing wrong with the ES series, I know a person using an ES8 for sometime without any issues. The spares are somewhat expensive, but that's common for all Hondas.

The high prices of the ek3's and 110's are due to the mindset of the typical sri lankan sellers who think that cars more than 20 years old are still worth 2mil.

• Like 1

What does that even mean?

It means that in Sri Lanka EK series has more market appeal than the ES series. I'm wondering why. I have heard that Honda ES series has some sensor issue or ECU issue or something. Is it correct or is their any other reason for this particular Civic series to be condemned in our market?

It means that in Sri Lanka EK series has more market appeal than the ES series. I'm wondering why. I have heard that Honda ES series has some sensor issue or ECU issue or something. Is it correct or is their any other reason for this particular Civic series to be condemned in our market?

Who says that the EK series has more "market appeal"?

To Answer the tread topic question : NO

In Sri Lanka there's huge market appeal for Maruti Alto ... what does that tell you about the local market ???

ES came in an era where Japs were sacrificing quality for cost.

This is same with AE 100 and AE 110 one could even say that Japs in 90s were over engineered, this even applies to Euros.

To save money they changed the suspension set up of EK (double wishbone) to ES (McPerson) sacrificing handling. Hard plastics on dash for padded in EK etc. etc.

ES had more electronics which gives trouble when aging

If you compare with other contemporary Japs ES still would be a better bet.

You mean why aren't ESs being raped on the same scale as previous generations? It's because cars have become more expensive since then in general. You can barely find a stock EG8 because they were the first to go in the early 2000s after that silly movie came out. Then they started on the EKs, but only until prices crossed the 1.7 million threshold.

• Like 1

You mean why aren't ESs being raped on the same scale as previous generations? It's because cars have become more expensive since then in general. You can barely find a stock EG8 because they were the first to go in the early 2000s after that silly movie came out. Then they started on the EKs, but only until prices crossed the 1.7 million threshold.

well said terrabytetango

if a car is 20 years old and its still running it must be worthy... :sport-smiley-004: