• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan X-trail 2002 (T30) AC Control unit replace

Avishka

Question

Dear Experts,

I brought Nissan X-trail (T30) 2002 vehicle and it has AC Control unit (03 nobs). Is it possible to replace it with AC Control coming on T30 Ti models (with display & outside temp indicator) ?

If possible where I can buy that unit and are there any other parts need to replace for this modification. Also good workshop to do this modification.

Pls help..

photos attached.  

new unit.JPG

Old unit.JPG

9 answers to this question

Mill $ question , WHY?  :speechless-smiley-004:

Haveing said that you'll have to get an outside temp sensor and wire it in. AS if SL had a winter!@#$:o

In Sl, you'll need the a/c in two settings, 1. Icy cold 2.Freezing cold. so what's the point of climate control?

Edited by Twin Turbo

4 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Mill $ question , WHY?  :speechless-smiley-004:

Haveing said that you'll have to get an outside temp sensor and wire it in. AS if SL had a winter!@#$:o

In Sl, you'll need the a/c in two settings, 1. Icy cold 2.Freezing col. so what's the point of climate control?

Hi,

Main thing I need is change 3 knobs unit. On that unit, 2 knobs already broken. Therefore I thought to fix new unit (display with switches) without buying knobs.

Is it possible to replace ?

My friend did the same thing to his Corolla 121, convert it to G grade. In that case he replaced whole inside parts like AC cooler unit. Also in your case I think you have to do the same since it has mechanical system. Display unit is fully electronically controlled system.

27 minutes ago, Prangi said:

My friend did the same thing to his Corolla 121, convert it to G grade. In that case he replaced whole inside parts like AC cooler unit. Also in your case I think you have to do the same since it has mechanical system. Display unit is fully electronically controlled system.

Thanks for sharing yr experience. It seems very expensive and otherwise my AC is working very well. therefore it is useless try to do this.

Thanks !!  

19 hours ago, Avishka said:

Hi,

Main thing I need is change 3 knobs unit. On that unit, 2 knobs already broken. Therefore I thought to fix new unit (display with switches) without buying knobs.

Is it possible to replace ?

in a word, Yes.just get the services of a qualified auto electrician

17 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

in a word, Yes.just get the services of a qualified auto electrician

Noted yours. appreciate anyone can clear following points.

1. In addition to new control unit, are there any other parts to replace ?

2. Good place to make this done and place to buy new unit ?