• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Premio dash lights dead

imran_osman

Question

HI guys, 

I have a 2013 model Toyota Premio, few weeks after I got it the dash lights went dead on me,once in a while it flickers back on and after a few days it flickers and fades out, im running in the car without proper fuel indication....  no one seems to know the root of the problem, every garage i went to seems to say something different as the problem, i've spent nearly 75,000 trying to fix it with no luck.... anyone here have any idea on how i can get this sorted out?

appreciate the assistance..

cheers   

p.s....

someone told me it was the faulty wiring of the welcome lights installed by the carsale, it made sense but the guy couldn't pin point were the messup was....

Edited by imran_osman

8 answers to this question

If you have a total failure (as I understand from your description) of the combination meter then most probably it has to be either power supply to the meter (wiring/fuse) or the meter board itself. Now that you know someone has retro-fitted the welcome lights, it is possible they tapped on to the power supply to the meter board.  It should not be too difficult to trace the point  'cos AFAIK there is just one 40-pin connector to the combination meter. Either they tapped from the dash board side or the fuse side. Find an auto-electrician (search the forum) who can trace the wiring to the combination meter.

Also since it is an intermittent fault didn't those who tested the wiring tried to shake the wiring harness by hand to see if the problem comes back? What exactly 75k was spent on? I get the feeling that it is not the wiring but some loose connection in the combination meter itself but cannot confirm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rumesh88 said:

If you have a total failure (as I understand from your description) of the combination meter then most probably it has to be either power supply to the meter (wiring/fuse) or the meter board itself. Now that you know someone has retro-fitted the welcome lights, it is possible they tapped on to the power supply to the meter board.  It should not be too difficult to trace the point  'cos AFAIK there is just one 40-pin connector to the combination meter. Either they tapped from the dash board side or the fuse side. Find an auto-electrician (search the forum) who can trace the wiring to the combination meter.

Also since it is an intermittent fault didn't those who tested the wiring tried to shake the wiring harness by hand to see if the problem comes back? What exactly 75k was spent on? I get the feeling that it is not the wiring but some loose connection in the combination meter itself but cannot confirm.

Thanks for the input rumesh, will look in to it...   as for the 75k, it's what i paid in total to 4 different garages, one guy said it is an issue with the fuel indicator and replaced some parts....

42 minutes ago, imran_osman said:

LOL tried that brother, it's my go to solution for most equipment, but alas it didn't work this time :)

I had somewhat a flickering issue like that with my vios sometimes back.It was due to a fault in security system.whole dashboard lights flicker like shorting out if I kept the door open for a while.Try disconnecting your audio system too to see if there's any change.I don't think it's a major issue but stop spending on maka basses.

• Like 1