• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Replacement Transponder Key

Quiet

Does any one know places other than Agents to obtain a new key. One of my keys was chewed to pieces by my dog and i need a replacement.

A key from Ebay cost around 100USD. If i bring it down will local ppl here program it and is it safe to do it from outside parties as my vehicle is still under agent warranty. If i do it how much will it normally cost

Vehicle is Mazda 6 2015. Agent Quoted Rs.43,000/- for replacement and Rs.12,000/- for programming

Thnx

Edited by Quiet

Last time I check with Toyota Lanka as I recall they charge around Rs 50,000 (it's crazy) to program a key. But due to my transponder wasn't intact I managed to switch the transponder to a new key from Rs 1000. But the key cutter said they can also do the programming for around Rs6000. You can find them in Daly road. Hope this helps. 

Edited by tmnuwan12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tmnuwan12 said:

Last time I check with Toyota Lanka as I recall they charge around Rs 50,000 (it's crazy) to program a key. But due to my transponder wasn't intact I managed to switch the transponder to a new key from Rs 1000. But the key cutter said they can also do the programming for around Rs6000. You can find them in Daly road. Hope this helps. 

thnx will check

• 5 months later...