• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Aqua service reminder

Wasif2283

Question

i am driving Toyota aqua 2014. and its displays the attached error . i have checked from manual but cant found .i have explored through internet and its explain the service reminder symbol.

i have changed the oil with oil and air filter but its still display on and off at dashboard.How i will get rid of this error. 

Thanks for your answer. 

If it's possible for you then send me the link to download manual in English. My manual doesn't have this 

After how many kilometers I have to change the transmission oil of toyota aqua.and what about the engine oil as 0w-20 but I am using 5w-20 .is it OK to use this viscosity oil rather then 0w-20 according to temperature variation in my country.

Which transmission oil should be used and how much quantity is required. 

•  

20161212_085037.jpg

Edited by Wasif2283

3 answers to this question

The user manual (pg 344...see attachemnt if you want to check the translation) says: <this is a lose interpretation>

Hybrid system battery's (Note 1) cooling system needs maintenance. 

Air intake (for the ventilation system) is blocked, the filter (for the ventilation system) is blocked or there is a leakage in the air duct (of the ventilation system).

Recommended course of action : go to your nearest Toyota dealer.

Note 1: (It says "駆動" which is drive..so translation means "drive" battery....so I am presuming it means the Hybrid system's battery...unless there is some other battery that needs ventilated as well)

EDIT : I took the following from the 2016 Aqua user manual....the 2014 should pretty much be the same...

AquaError.jpg

Edited by iRage
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Wasif2283 said:

After how many kilometers I have to change the transmission oil of toyota aqua.and what about the engine oil as 0w-20 but I am using 5w-20 .is it OK to use this viscosity oil rather then 0w-20 according to temperature variation in my country. 

This has been discussed and debated over a few times in the forum if you take your time to search. Agent will recommend you a change in every 40,000 kms for transmission fluid. As for engine oil you can use either 0W20 or 5W20 for local conditions but change it every 5000kms or six months whichever comes first. At least that's a safe bet, although if you search the Net you would find recommendations for much longer service intervals for Aqua and similar Toyota hybrids. Both these things depends on whether you drive mostly in stop-and-go heavy traffic in the city or in less congested roads and the load that you carry.

Edited by Rumesh88