• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Tyre Brand For Nissan B11

king solomon

hello, i'm new to Vehicle stuff, brought a Nissan B11 last year, it's was a practice car fro previous owners, i also brought it for the same, but after recent price hikes i decide to repair it tip to bottom. now i need to replace all tires. current ones are different brands and different sizes. reading forums i think 175/70R13 would be a good fit coz i got 13 rims.

i have a budget bellow 30k, can go slightly above 30, i need some advice from experienced users here.

oh i do not run it lot. use it to bring down stuff for my shop, may be 100 KM per week or two. so it's sitting in garage lot.

hi-fly < hancook <gt radial champiro = Power Track = Nankang = < Federal < Hankook avilable on my area, Aluthgama, list form lowest to highest for my range ( Rs.6600 to Rs.9700)  so what's good for my old ride

thx

Might I recommend that his majesty purchase 155./80/R13 instead,..If your car doesnt have power steering

Having used nankang , I can say that it gives a good mix of relatively affordable cost and long tread life.The higher aspect ratio will give you the best efficiency /comfort.

And I too would stick clear of Ch tyres irrespective of the cost benifit.

Edited by Twin Turbo
  • Like 1

thx for quick replay, B11 OEM tire size is 155, it's kind of tiny and ugly on wheels. yah i do not have power steering yet, so most of you guys saying nankang is good.

what i read lately Falkan is a good brand, any idea about prices, they are no where to be found @ aluthgama. and

Federal cost 9500, Hankook goes for 9700, GT for 8450, nankangs are 8300, all for 165/70/13.

5 hours ago, carboy2011 said:

pls do post a pic of your car 

i used to like the B11 a lot some years ago,if im correct one model came iwth power steering 

B11 had dozens of versions. Probably this was the Sunny that came with most number of versions.

As I recall,

• B11 Sunny - came in at least 4 trim levels (LX, SLX, GL is what I recall) - in both petrol and diesel
  • Laurel Spirit - more upmarket version of the Sunny. Laurel Spirit had another 3 or 4 trim levels
  • Liberta Villa - 2 door and 4 door
  • Langley - 2 door
  • Pulsar and Pulsar EXA (Pulsar itself had two versions - 2 door H/B and 4 door sedan)
  • California Wagon
  • And my personal favourite - Sunny Turbo Leprix

During this time, the Sunny name was so popular, even the vanette came as Nissan Sunny Vanette

nissan-japanese-sunny-turbo-leprix.jpg

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Crosswind said:

B11 had dozens of versions. Probably this was the Sunny that came with most number of versions.

As I recall,

• B11 Sunny - came in at least 4 trim levels (LX, SLX, GL is what I recall) - in both petrol and diesel
  • Laurel Spirit - more upmarket version of the Sunny. Laurel Spirit had another 3 or 4 trim levels
  • Langley - 2 door
  • Pulsar and Pulsar EXA (Pulsar itself had two versions - 2 door H/B and 4 door sedan)
  • California Wagon

During this time, the Sunny name was so popular, even the vanette came as Nissan Sunny Vanette

Would love to see the engine bay,.

i'll upload tomorrow, now i'm @ work. last month it had a t belt failed. guy i brought said he had t belt replaced in 2013, but my mechanic said he only replaced the pully, and t belt was the original factory one. cheap ass hole, t belt was only 1800/= , i do not understand why people so cheap on their ride, life depend on  quality of the vehicle and parts. 

i replace everything brand new using best parts i can find.

1 hour ago, king solomon said:

i have a 1300cc version, not a hatchback, 4 door. i have no way of finding a real model no, coz it's been painted several times. most of the logos are gone. car just look like in the pic though, it's a short buffer too.

19700126_235230.jpg

15 hours ago, Crosswind said:

As I recall,

• Langley - 2 door
  • California Wagon

2 hours ago, king solomon said:

i'll upload tomorrow, now i'm @ work. last month it had a t belt failed. guy i brought said he had t belt replaced in 2013, but my mechanic said he only replaced the pully, and t belt was the original factory one. cheap ass hole, t belt was only 1800/= , i do not understand why people so cheap on their ride, life depend on  quality of the vehicle and parts. 

i replace everything brand new using best parts i can find.

You're lucky that the engine didn't self distruct with the Tbelt failiure.(Non-interfearance) May we see the engine bay? Thanks.

Edited by Twin Turbo

On 1/25/2017 at 6:03 PM, king solomon said:

hello, i'm new to Vehicle stuff, brought a Nissan B11 last year, it's was a practice car fro previous owners, i also brought it for the same, but after recent price hikes i decide to repair it tip to bottom. now i need to replace all tires. current ones are different brands and different sizes. reading forums i think 175/70R13 would be a good fit coz i got 13 rims.

i have a budget bellow 30k, can go slightly above 30, i need some advice from experienced users here.

oh i do not run it lot. use it to bring down stuff for my shop, may be 100 KM per week or two. so it's sitting in garage lot.

hi-fly < hancook <gt radial champiro = Power Track = Nankang = < Federal < Hankook avilable on my area, Aluthgama, list form lowest to highest for my range ( Rs.6600 to Rs.9700)  so what's good for my old ride

thx

Bridgestone 175/70R13 Ecopia is available at 9683/=

On 1/25/2017 at 6:03 PM, king solomon said:

thx

Don't buy wide tyres, if your car doesnt have power steering the wider the tire the harder it will be for steering. 

• Like 1

bridgestone ecopia series is a scary one according to reviews. it's no good in wet condition, but it's a good price, i'm going to find out what kind of nankang and hankook available in my area.

from what i find out most of the tires available in sri lanka are from cheap models, even in good brand names, haven't talked to mechalin and Goodyear, but dunlop, Gt radials are all from low quality series.

engine got 2 exhaust valves destroyed. it happen coz the mechanic i went to first place did't adjust the timing, he just replaced the belt and start the engine in hope of ripping me off, this is my first car, so no experience with garage people.  i replaced them all. nothing series, apparently pistons have a grove in case of hitting valves,

The engine looks like it has breaker type ignition,..get it checked for wear and changed if needed with the condensor the timing checked.

( looks massively advanced ) how is the fuel efficiency?

You have a maintenance free battery, but keep it clean ( free from dust)

Good thing you have a coolant expansion bottle.

Edited by Twin Turbo

when i bought the car it ran only 63500 or something for entire 33 years,  hard to believe, so i checked with some previous owners, tracked down some for last 20 years, most of them did not ride it, it had been sitting in their houses for long time, even i do not use it often,

my technician said distributor is just worming up, it's good as new. it's good for another 100k Km,

yah it got timing checked with valve replacement.

do not know about fule economy, coz i do not care about fule, all i know is for about 3800 i can get full tank with octane 95, and it never get emptied. car was 280000 when i brought it, got brand new front Kyb gas shocks, brand bushes for back suspension. now going for tires. tinkering will be last. coz i do not care how it looks.

28 minutes ago, king solomon said:

when i bought the car it ran only 63500 or something for entire 33 years,  hard to believe, so i checked with some previous owners, tracked down some for last 20 years, most of them did not ride it, it had been sitting in their houses for long time, even i do not use it often,

my technician said distributor is just worming up, it's good as new. it's good for another 100k Km,

do not know about fule economy, coz i do not care about fule, all i know is for about 3800 i can get full tank with octane 95, and it never get emptied. car was 280000 when i brought it, got brand new front Kyb gas shocks, brand bushes for back suspension. now going for tires. tinkering will be last. coz i do not care how it looks.

You don't have to use 95oct on your car.

1 hour ago, king solomon said:

Looks like you have got some work/mods on your ignition system,.. The coil is from a FFB12.

Edited by Twin Turbo