• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Old Vehical Numbering System

king solomon

3 hours ago, king solomon said:

I need to find out what kind of system they used in "Sri" days, i wanna buy a double Cab, but everyone i encounter in 28 /40 range. and they say u have to have heavy class. is it true, Please help

According to my knowledge 28 sri belongs to the Motor coaches. But later some vehicles have been converted to dual purpose. Better to check vehicle class in the CR.

Why don't you use the DMT vehicle info page to find out the vehicle class? You basically need to put in the number, and the system gives you the class amongst other information about the car. Link below:

http://eservices.motortraffic.gov.lk/VehicleInfo/home.action

They have an Android app as well, but that has not been working as of late. Was handy while it was functional. 

thx.. actually i want to buy dual purpose class or light vehicle class Double Cab, but every cheap one i come across in 28 or 40 range, and they say u need a heavy vehicle class driving license to drive them.. WTF man, the hell with this country.. a 900kb double cab is a heavy vehicle while D*MO lokka is a light vehicle,  any one got a 50 Sri Cheap double cab for sale..

• 6 years later...