• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Odometer Reading

praviya

Hi,

I have seen in some of the cars a sticker which is on the left corner of the windscreen saying "Odometer Certified" JAAI. I am curious to know what exactly the number on that sticker denotes. Is it the mileage at the time of inspection? Or just a serial number?

Thanks in advance.

20 hours ago, praviya said:

Hi,

I have seen in some of the cars a sticker which is on the left corner of the windscreen saying "Odometer Certified" JAAI. I am curious to know what exactly the number on that sticker denotes. Is it the mileage at the time of inspection? Or just a serial number?

Thanks in advance.

It has the date and mileage at inspection plus a serial number of the certificate. The certificate and inspection report issued by the Japanese authorities can be trusted. However, the Sri Lankan car sales and some of the car dealers in Japan exporting the car make fake certificates and stickers. So...IMO in SL that sticker is not even worth the paper its printed on.

3 hours ago, praviya said:

Thanks for the reply. My question is regarding the number on this sticker. I have seen on one of my friends car a number such as "056672". Is this a serial number which we can you as a reference ?

See what the number is dude ! Each line says what the number written/printed is. Its just like they have filled a form.

You can check the validity of the JAAI certificate but they won't give you detailed information. Again, there is a time period that you can do a reference check on.

What is this car ? How long has it been and how many users has it had since coming to Sri Lanka ? If it is a used car that has been used in SL for sometime..just don't bother. For some reason a lot of Sri Lankans try to trace back the Japanese roots of their used car as if it would mean anything. For one, the certificate can be forged so the only thing a check would do (even if JAAI had the records) is let you know if it is actual certificate or not. Secondly, it doesn't matter what the condition of the car was when it arrived in Sri lanka because it is only as good as how well its last few owners in SL took care of it.