Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0

Toyota Camry Hybrid 2010


dilshant80
 Share

Question

Hi members. I currently own a Toyota Aqua 2013 and was considering moving onto a Toyota Camry Hybrid 2010. Any thoughts in going for a 7 year old hybrid? I will be getting a thorough hybrid car check done prior to purchase. Any feedback on the camry hyrid from current or previous owners?

SARCASTIC COMMENTS FROM PETROLHEADS AND OTHERS NOT WELCOME!

Thank you! :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
3 minutes ago, vag2 said:

Unfortunately you are in the wrong Forum with the wrong people then. You could get better hints from places like the "Elukiri  community" where people have orgasmos discussing how their hybrid did 100kmpl going downhill from N'eliya to Yatiyanthota.:D

Did I ask a fuel economy question?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1

Have used the Camry on extensive test drives quite a few times. On the short term usage; it is quite a comfy car. Seats are nice and spongy and the road nice and bumps are well dampened. However this also makes the car very spongy. Thus it will not be as sharp and nippy and zippy as the Aqua. It has some decent amount of power. However, the delivery is quite civilized and subdued so you won't feel ike you are driving a fast car..but it can be quite quite quick. Also you won't feel the "suffocation" you sometimes feel with the Aqua when trying to drive under load on a low battery. As with any Toyota the steering feed back is non existent. However, the wider and slightly heavier wheels gives some weight to the steering that is moderately felt.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1

Hmmm....I wouldn't know....it is pretty much the same height as my Mark X. The Mark X is 150mm which is a little bit lower than the Axio (2008/2009 model). So I would reckon there is not much height difference between the Aqua and the Camry. On the other hand the brand new petrol version which the agents sold does seem to be a bit taller.

The V40 series Camry which you are looking at never came in Hybrid form in Japan. the Hybrid was available only in some export markets such as Australia, UK, etc...so that is where most of them are from. In Japan apparently there are a few around which people imported from abroad. Because of the heavy body and soft suspension the V40 series Camry is not the most funnest Camry to drive. I don't know how the pricing is but see if you can go for the model after the one you are looking at. But then again you don't seem to care too much about driving fun but more about comfort and economy ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1
15 hours ago, dilshant80 said:

Thanks @iRage. I am actually deciding between a Camry Hybrid and a Toyota Hilux. I know that those two are in two totally different leagues, but my main considerations are comfort and ground clearance, because the driveway to my house is elevated and in my Aqua, only the driver can be in the car when I drive it up to the car porch, since due to the weight, it always hits the bottom. Fuel economy isnt much of a concern and I would like a fun ride. My reasoning for going for the Aqua at the time was because I wanted to buy an unregistered vehicle to avoid pains of repairs after buying a used car in SL, and this was the one within my budget.

Well, if hassle and cost of maintenance is concerned then then buying a older hybrid car doesn't seem that logical. Like @vag2mentioned the Hybrid system deteriorates and that would require attention at some point, but then the market has matured enough to accept this and account for it in its depreciated value.

The cars themselves are pretty robust and would keep running for quite sometime; 7 years is actually nothing for these cars; so its not like its going to break down the week following the purchase. Its just that you never know how the car was maintained by the previous owner. 

Well..the Hilux is not that comfortable and any pickup truck's comfort will be appalling compared to a sedan.

Since fuel consumption is not a concern:

 - why not check the brand new variant of the Camry which Toyota Lanka sold ? Quite a few permit cars are a round. Take a ruler and measure the ground clearance though :D. Also, please note that although the height might be low if the suspension is still and not worn out the car would not low-down that much under weight. Also, I believe the Axio and the Lancer have a bit more round clearance than the Camry (Civic I think is the same as a Camry, although I prefer the Civic over the other two).

- Also, how about a mid sized cross over ? Something like a RAV4 or X Trail (and if you must a Vitara). a 2010 RAV4 will have the same engine and transmission as a 2010 Camry. Still won't be comfortable as the Camry but still pretty close and gives you the ground clearance you need.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, iRage said:

Have used the Camry on extensive test drives quite a few times. On the short term usage; it is quite a comfy car. Seats are nice and spongy and the road nice and bumps are well dampened. However this also makes the car very spongy. Thus it will not be as sharp and nippy and zippy as the Aqua. It has some decent amount of power. However, the delivery is quite civilized and subdued so you won't feel ike you are driving a fast car..but it can be quite quite quick. Also you won't feel the "suffocation" you sometimes feel with the Aqua when trying to drive under load on a low battery. As with any Toyota the steering feed back is non existent. However, the wider and slightly heavier wheels gives some weight to the steering that is moderately felt.

Thank you @iRage. Exactly what I wanted to know. BTW how is the ground clearance? The Aqua is too low that it even hit road humps! 

Edited by dilshant80
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
21 minutes ago, iRage said:

Hmmm....I wouldn't know....it is pretty much the same height as my Mark X. The Mark X is 150mm which is a little bit lower than the Axio (2008/2009 model). So I would reckon there is not much height difference between the Aqua and the Camry. On the other hand the brand new petrol version which the agents sold does seem to be a bit taller.

The V40 series Camry which you are looking at never came in Hybrid form in Japan. the Hybrid was available only in some export markets such as Australia, UK, etc...so that is where most of them are from. In Japan apparently there are a few around which people imported from abroad. Because of the heavy body and soft suspension the V40 series Camry is not the most funnest Camry to drive. I don't know how the pricing is but see if you can go for the model after the one you are looking at. But then again you don't seem to care too much about driving fun but more about comfort and economy ?

Thanks @iRage. I am actually deciding between a Camry Hybrid and a Toyota Hilux. I know that those two are in two totally different leagues, but my main considerations are comfort and ground clearance, because the driveway to my house is elevated and in my Aqua, only the driver can be in the car when I drive it up to the car porch, since due to the weight, it always hits the bottom. Fuel economy isnt much of a concern and I would like a fun ride. My reasoning for going for the Aqua at the time was because I wanted to buy an unregistered vehicle to avoid pains of repairs after buying a used car in SL, and this was the one within my budget.

Edited by dilshant80
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 hours ago, dilshant80 said:

because I wanted to buy an unregistered vehicle to avoid pains of repairs after buying a used car in SL

now you are ready for the pain of maintaining a used car again? with a 8year old hybrid you will have to maintain the battery and hybrid related parts in addition to the maintenance of regular non-hybrid parts. Maintenance costs are not what they used to be, now garages are charging 2,3 times more than what they charged for the same job 5years ago.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
19 minutes ago, vag2 said:

now you are ready for the pain of maintaining a used car again? with a 8year old hybrid you will have to maintain the battery and hybrid related parts in addition to the maintenance of regular non-hybrid parts. Maintenance costs are not what they used to be, now garages are charging 2,3 times more than what they charged for the same job 5years ago.

Yes that was a concern. So I was thinking of going for a recon Hilux..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
2 hours ago, iRage said:

Well, if hassle and cost of maintenance is concerned then then buying a older hybrid car doesn't seem that logical. Like @vag2mentioned the Hybrid system deteriorates and that would require attention at some point, but then the market has matured enough to accept this and account for it in its depreciated value.

The cars themselves are pretty robust and would keep running for quite sometime; 7 years is actually nothing for these cars; so its not like its going to break down the week following the purchase. Its just that you never know how the car was maintained by the previous owner. 

Well..the Hilux is not that comfortable and any pickup truck's comfort will be appalling compared to a sedan.

Since fuel consumption is not a concern:

 - why not check the brand new variant of the Camry which Toyota Lanka sold ? Quite a few permit cars are a round. Take a ruler and measure the ground clearance though :D. Also, please note that although the height might be low if the suspension is still and not worn out the car would not low-down that much under weight. Also, I believe the Axio and the Lancer have a bit more round clearance than the Camry (Civic I think is the same as a Camry, although I prefer the Civic over the other two).

- Also, how about a mid sized cross over ? Something like a RAV4 or X Trail (and if you must a Vitara). a 2010 RAV4 will have the same engine and transmission as a 2010 Camry. Still won't be comfortable as the Camry but still pretty close and gives you the ground clearance you need.

 

Thanks @iRage for the Rav4 option. I actually like the appeal of a crossover so this is something I will definitely look into. Comfort is also a big factor so will consider the Camry and Rav4 and see what fits me best

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
21 hours ago, dilshant80 said:

Thanks @iRage for the Rav4 option. I actually like the appeal of a crossover so this is something I will definitely look into. Comfort is also a big factor so will consider the Camry and Rav4 and see what fits me best

Well...if you are open for a crossover...also take a look at the CR-V. Its much more luxurious than the RAV4. The CR-V you would be looking at would be the RE series which came between 2006/2007 until 2011. RAV4 you would be looking at would be the A30 series which came between 2005 to 2016 in Japan and till 2013ish in the export markets.

What I like about the RAV4 over the CR-V is that the RAV4 feels (and slightly is) lighter and quicker making it more nimbler around town; and how the gearbox "shifts" (well its a CVT so..it doesn't shift in the traditional sense). Both the RAV4 and the CR-V (JDM variant at least) has the same amount of power and torque; I feel the RAV4 feels quicker because of how the CR-V is geared and the RAV4 delivers its torque much sooner in the rev range than the CR-V. 

As for the CR-V; it feels more luxurious, has more bells and whistles, rides more comfortably and does a little bit better on fuel. The export variant which the agents sold commonly is the 2.0L variant whilst the JDM variant will have the 2.4L engine.

The X-Trail is also an option but that would be my last choice over the other two. 

Also, not sure if its a factor, but these crossovers have plenty of space compared to the sedans and your AQUA which lends itself to be very very convenient.

Edited by iRage
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, iRage said:

Also, not sure if its a factor, but these crossovers have plenty of space compared to the sedans and your AQUA which lends itself to be very very convenient.

...and at the same time inconvenient.  I recently moved from a hatchback to this same CR-V model iRage is talking about and the size of the car along the narrow Colombo (and out of Colombo I suppose) roads is something that takes some getting used to.  The Aqua probably turns on a dime too; the SUV wont do as well which can make u-turns stressful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
35 minutes ago, ShintaroX said:

...and at the same time inconvenient.  I recently moved from a hatchback to this same CR-V model iRage is talking about and the size of the car along the narrow Colombo (and out of Colombo I suppose) roads is something that takes some getting used to.  The Aqua probably turns on a dime too; the SUV wont do as well which can make u-turns stressful.

True...takes a bit of getting used to after a small car, but not too different compared to a Camry. In fact after driving the CR-V and RAV4 driving my Mark X is a bit cumbersome because the RAV4 has a lot more visibility all around. Whilst in the Mark X I feel more sunken in to the car, sportier feel but need to be used to the corners as I can't see them. Also, I think the RAV4's front and side visibility is a bit better than the CR-V because you sit a bit higher. Both have appalling rear visibility and have a rear blind spot that is large enough to hide a herd of elephants. But if you think Colombo and outstations have narrow roads...come to Hanoi, Vietnam :)

Edited by iRage
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
50 minutes ago, iRage said:

True...takes a bit of getting used to after a small car, but not too different compared to a Camry. In fact after driving the CR-V and RAV4 driving my Mark X is a bit cumbersome because the RAV4 has a lot more visibility all around. Whilst in the Mark X I feel more sunken in to the car, sportier feel but need to be used to the corners as I can't see them. Also, I think the RAV4's front and side visibility is a bit better than the CR-V because you sit a bit higher. Both have appalling rear visibility and have a rear blind spot that is large enough to hide a herd of elephants. But if you think Colombo and outstations have narrow roads...come to Hanoi, Vietnam :)

Thanks guys. BTW what about the Nissan Juke? Also I have heard some issues with the Honda Vezel relating to the gearbox and other electrical problems. Hope this is not a common issue in Hondas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
7 hours ago, dilshant80 said:

Thanks guys. BTW what about the Nissan Juke? Also I have heard some issues with the Honda Vezel relating to the gearbox and other electrical problems. Hope this is not a common issue in Hondas?

Jokes, Jukes...I mean Jukes; are hard to come by. If you can live with its quirky love it or hate it looks...they are not bad cars. Now every car has its niggles and hits and misses and so would the Juke. Space wise the Juke is not that much bigger or smaller than a normal sized hatchback.

As for the Vezel..there are plenty of threads in the forum. So you should check them out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, iRage said:

Jokes, Jukes...I mean Jukes; are hard to come by. If you can live with its quirky love it or hate it looks...they are not bad cars. Now every car has its niggles and hits and misses and so would the Juke. Space wise the Juke is not that much bigger or smaller than a normal sized hatchback.

As for the Vezel..there are plenty of threads in the forum. So you should check them out. 

Thanks @iRage. Yes I did go through the threads and that is why I am not much into Vezel. What I was wondering was whether these Vezel issues are common to CRV as well?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 minute ago, dilshant80 said:

Thanks @iRage. Yes I did go through the threads and that is why I am not much into Vezel. What I was wondering was whether these Vezel issues are common to CRV as well?

No they are not. The CRV doesn't use the same DCT tech nor does it have any Hybrid system related issues (because its not a Hybrid). Besides...for your budget, what you will be looking at is a 2009 - 2010ish CR-V which is way before Honda's Vezel days.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • -2
2 hours ago, dilshant80 said:

SARCASTIC COMMENTS FROM PETROLHEADS AND OTHERS NOT WELCOME!

Unfortunately you are in the wrong Forum with the wrong people then. You could get better hints from places like the "Elukiri  community" where people have orgasmos discussing how their hybrid did 100kmpl going downhill from N'eliya to Yatiyanthota.:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

AutoLanka Cars For Sale

Post Your Ad Free [Click Here]



×
×
  • Create New...