• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Needed: Suzuki Swift shaking when engine is both cool and warm!

secretmelon

Heya, 

I have an automatic 2008 Suzuki Swift and recently it's been shaking/vibrating/juddering quite noticeably when the engine is turned on (whether it's cool or warm). I've always waited for the engine to warm up for a few minutes before driving it, so I really don't know what's going on. I've also noticed that when I put the windows down, the sound of the engine when accelerating is quite unsettling, sounds like a long and loud dry wheeze, I can't really describe it. It just sounds really unhealthy. I also remember one time when the accelerator just stopped working while I was driving (felt like it ran out of gas but I had just filled it) before any of this vibration stuff started, so I pulled over, waited, and then it started working as normal again.

I literally have no clue what I'm talking about when it comes to mechanical terms and all that jazz, I just thought I'd come here to ask what's actually wrong with it before taking it to a mechanic. My dad knows quite a lot about cars but he isn't here at the moment so I thought I'd come here to get some helpful info to pass on to him.

I read somewhere that it could be something to do with the cylinders; if it is I can give some more information later on, but for the moment I'm just looking for what this issue could possibly be.

Thanks in advance!

Melina

Edited by secretmelon

When did you last do a tune-up? When was the air filter changed? What's the current mileage of the car? 

21 minutes ago, secretmelon said:

also how do you delete a topic?!

Members can't delete topics. Only moderators and admins can. I have informed them and they will delete the duplicate thread.

1 hour ago, Davy said:

When did you last do a tune-up? When was the air filter changed? What's the current mileage of the car? 

Members can't delete topics. Only moderators and admins can. I have informed them and they will delete the duplicate thread.

The car was serviced around 2 months ago, so that includes the tune-up/air-filter. It's just north of 95k . Thanks for informing them about the other post!

21 hours ago, secretmelon said:

The car was serviced around 2 months ago, so that includes the tune-up/air-filter. It's just north of 95k . Thanks for informing them about the other post!

For the vibration/wobbly engine, get the engine mounts checked out.

It's difficult to diagnose noises without seeing and listening to it. It could be a worn out bearing in a pulley, to a failing water pump. Share a video if possible. 

• Like 2