• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

KIA Sorento - 2004

Jasonroks

On 1/5/2018 at 3:08 PM, Jasonroks said:

HI friends,

Ple give me some ideas.

Is it ok to buy a KIA Sorento - 2004?

Yes it's ok. You don't need to ask for permission to buy a vehicle from a random automotive forum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 1/5/2018 at 3:08 PM, Jasonroks said:

HI friends,

Ple give me some ideas.

Is it ok to buy a KIA Sorento - 2004?

if you are referring to getting an opinion on whether its a good choice for money then, I guess it should be checked with few owners. However, one of my friend owns one, therefore i drove it couple of times. Ride is really smooth and comfortable and very luxurious space as well.. When you hear turbo spooling sound you'll love putting more power to it. As per him fuel figures are around 8kmpl in city limits (diesel auto version). and his vehicle have done 230k KM's when he was purchasing it.. Few concerns he had was like some parts are bit hard to find (as per him), therefore couple of parts have been already replaced with Mitsubishi IO jeep by the previous owner.. ie. brake booster..

37 minutes ago, PerfMad said:

if you are referring to getting an opinion on whether its a good choice for money then, I guess it should be checked with few owners. However, one of my friend owns one, therefore i drove it couple of times. Ride is really smooth and comfortable and very luxurious space as well.. When you hear turbo spooling sound you'll love putting more power to it. As per him fuel figures are around 8kmpl in city limits (diesel auto version). and his vehicle have done 230k KM's when he was purchasing it.. Few concerns he had was like some parts are bit hard to find (as per him), therefore couple of parts have been already replaced with Mitsubishi IO jeep by the previous owner.. ie. brake booster..

The brake booster on the Sorento (which is a large and pretty heavy vehicle was replaced with one from a (much lighter) Pajero I.O.? Wow that seems like a FANTASTIC idea!

8 minutes ago, Supra_Natural said:

The brake booster on the Sorento (which is a large and pretty heavy vehicle was replaced with one from a (much lighter) Pajero I.O.? Wow that seems like a FANTASTIC idea!

not quite sure.. but that's what i heard from him (assuming he is correct).

1 hour ago, PerfMad said:

What rubbish are you talking about?

OP wants to know about the 1st Generation Sorento, which NEVER came with a Turbo engine, unless it was transplanted with a Japanese diesel engine. There was only one diesel version (the 2.5ltr). It came with a couple of petrol options.

The common rail diesel engine came with the 2nd Generation (2008 onwards I think). This was underpowered with a 2.2ltr common rail engine but the turbo unit made up for it.

Edited by Crosswind

43 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

What rubbish are you talking about?

OP wants to know about the 1st Generation Sorento, which NEVER came with a Turbo engine, unless it was transplanted with a Japanese diesel engine. There was only one diesel version (the 2.5ltr). It came with a couple of petrol options.

The common rail diesel engine came with the 2nd Generation (2008 onwards I think). This was underpowered with a 2.2ltr common rail engine but the turbo unit made up for it.

i don't no about the factory settings, but i heard the turbo spooling sound in between 1800-2500 rpm range (if im not mistaken) + i just checked with him he said his vehicle is turbo charged (not quite sure its done afterwards or not) but he also mentioned turbo part is also mentioned in the door.

8 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

Is this what the car looks like?

DFL04B.jpg

Yes.. I know he owns a 2003 model. And i know that you will claim that it's not possible. Even doing some research i thought the same.. but it had a turbo in it.. not quite sure whether it was fixed by the previous owner later. When i asked him whether he has the original engine he was positive. However since there is the engine cover, not quite sure whether he checked under that or not.. either way the one i drove was a turbo vehicle and it had considerable amount of power with turbo while having 7 people inside..

I guess in this case taking my opinion would be a wastage since the only one i drove seems to be bit different compared to the rest. Therefore, better check with few owners to get more knowledge on most common issues and is it a good investment or not.

1 hour ago, PerfMad said:

Yes.. I know he owns a 2003 model. And i know that you will claim that it's not possible. Even doing some research i thought the same.. but it had a turbo in it.. not quite sure whether it was fixed by the previous owner later. When i asked him whether he has the original engine he was positive. However since there is the engine cover, not quite sure whether he checked under that or not.. either way the one i drove was a turbo vehicle and it had considerable amount of power with turbo while having 7 people inside..

I guess in this case taking my opinion would be a wastage since the only one i drove seems to be bit different compared to the rest. Therefore, better check with few owners to get more knowledge on most common issues and is it a good investment or not.

Very very interesting...

Anyway this is a purely academic discussion since the OP hasn't even mentioned whether he is considering a diesel or a petrol. There are many petrol Sorentos of that vintage in the country but only a few diesels.

You can't actually plugin a turbo to an NA engine without going through hell and back... Therefore, that option is highly unlikely.