• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Top Gear's Fastest Lap Time.

JwesT

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey MR.CAT..........i went thru them thanks 2 ya ...........but really cannot recall it :rolleyes:

Ho ho...!! Wellcome to AutoLanka...!! :(

Yea, some neat Videos huh.. Gotta see em again.. :P

NO he didn't. this is from the current series. so these are the latest laptimes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/powerlaps.shtml

so the konigsegg has run twice right, this lap with the so called "With Top Gear spoiler" z da one to have done da trick over Enzo!

BTW what da hell is Sea Harrier (0.31.2) ?????

last but not least this F1 car is what? z it da Mclaren F1 or some real F1 machine?

so the konigsegg has run twice right, this lap with the so called "With Top Gear spoiler" z da one to have done da trick over Enzo!

last but not least this F1 car is what? z it da Mclaren F1 or some real F1 machine?

A Sea Harrier is a plane in the service of the Royal Navy. The navalised version of the Harrier Jump Jet.

And yes, I think that was a Formula 1 car. They have had 3 F1 drivers, if u check the celeb lap times.

A Sea Harrier is a plane in the service of the Royal Navy. The navalised version of the Harrier Jump Jet.

And yes, I think that was a Formula 1 car. They have had 3 F1 drivers, if u check the celeb lap times.

how on earth does a plane do a lap???? is it that agile??? :blink:

Koenigsegg CCX 1.20.4

Koenigsegg CCX (With Top Gear spoiler) 1.17.6

spoiler adds horse power :lol:

how on earth does a plane do a lap???? is it that agile??? :blink:

This one is. RAF and RN have several ... errr... colorful terms for it. Jump jets can hover man.

But someone who has seen this ep can comment on that properly.

i hope you are just joking.

rather than horse power its more to do with aero dynamics hence better handling

c/mon brother i just said it analogous to the famous "VINYL ADDS HORSEPOWER" t-shirt,yah i know a bit about what difference a spoiler can do to a super car, for instance GT Carrera, and yes the Veyron too ... can't achieve the claimed top speed w/out da spolier, but even for a spolier that performance difference seemed quite big... however i do not challenge your statement that Koniggseg z da fastest to have done the lap in Top gear, i mean itz carved in stones in the official site it self, how can i deny it...

This one is. RAF and RN have several ... errr... colorful terms for it. Jump jets can hover man.

But someone who has seen this ep can comment on that properly.

i haven't seen dat episode, and am now dying to see it, anyway tnx for educating me!

they are in a seperate board i guess, and Damon Hill started da list if my faulty memory is correct...

Praveen i have a question for you... Isn't top gear too european/british biased, i mean the americans may be dumb in building cars but certainly the japs deserve better comments? for instance they found unimaginable mishaps in the your favorite 350Z also i recall... for them DB9 is god, followed by a M5 etc. etc. and Golf is the only hatch god :blink:

c/mon brother i just said it analogous to the famous "VINYL ADDS HORSEPOWER" t-shirt,yah i know a bit about what difference a spoiler can do to a super car, for instance GT Carrera, and yes the Veyron too ... can't achieve the claimed top speed w/out da spolier, but even for a spolier that performance difference seemed quite big... however i do not challenge your statement that Koniggseg z da fastest to have done the lap in Top gear, i mean itz carved in stones in the official site it self, how can i deny it...

Praveen i have a question for you... Isn't top gear too european/british biased, i mean the americans may be dumb in building cars but certainly the japs deserve better comments? for instance they found unimaginable mishaps in the your favorite 350Z also i recall... for them DB9 is god, followed by a M5 etc. etc. and Golf is the only hatch god :blink:

no need to explain i knew you were joking. i was having a bit of a slow day.

yes i too agree with you about top gear been european biased specially towards britten. didn't civic type r win the hottest hatch award last year in the show. im not 100% it can easily be the other show.

no need to explain i knew you were joking. i was having a bit of a slow day.

yes i too agree with you about top gear been european biased specially towards britten. didn't civic type r win the hottest hatch award last year in the show. im not 100% it can easily be the other show.

cool scene brother! jst dat i have this language problem, such that i have to do a couple of explanations each time i make statement :blink: ... i also dont mind much as it help my post whore status...

I am sure you(XXX) know this, but i insert this quote, from Autozine.org which has some breathtaking articles about all the supercars in the world... for others reference

http://www.autozine.org/html/Bugatti/Veyron.html

Normally the EB16.4 is electronically limited to 233 mph for the safety of its owner. To realize the promised top speed of 252 mph, the owners need to take their EB16.4 to Volkswagen's Ehra-Leissen test track. After a safety check, Bugatti will insert a second key to its dashboard to turn on the "top speed mode". In this way, the ride height drops further to 65 mm front and 70 mm rear, the front diffuser closes and the rear spoiler scale back to 2 degrees only. As a result, drag coefficient lowers to 0.36, allowing the Bugatti to exploit the remaining 20 mph.

Yup, but thats how they see cars. It's acknowledged that Americans like big, brute cars with no finesse that fit their national character, and their roads, while european like cars to handle their narrower twistier roads.

U gotta know what to take from it. Generally, the good points apply to all. Tho some of the points presented as bad will depend on ur point of view. Gotta remember, those guys are used to different cars, so if they say the ride is bad, it means compared to what they ride in.

I generally find them fairly ok. Entertainment more than education.

Yup, but thats how they see cars. It's acknowledged that Americans like big, brute cars with no finesse that fit their national character, and their roads, while european like cars to handle their narrower twistier roads.

thought of quoting form the movie tokyo drift to support the american mindset

Shawn after seen a RX8 says

"So you race with these things huh, Cute little toys"

U gotta know what to take from it. Generally, the good points apply to all. Tho some of the points presented as bad will depend on ur point of view. Gotta remember, those guys are used to different cars, so if they say the ride is bad, it means compared to what they ride in.

I generally find them fairly ok. Entertainment more than education.

true true entertainning indeed, and thier Entertainment in it's own right is starkly different to the americans, the way the british laugh, their slangs, jokes ... everything is different... suttle i must say

/Sorry OT!

Sea harrier is a short & vertical take off and landing, amazing jet from britain. as peri said it can hover thanks to its rotating jet nozzles.

• 2 years later...

Finally...after years of waiting... the mighty Bugatti Veyron did a lap of the top gear test track with lord stiggy at the wheel...so did it beat the hideous Gumpert?....watch and find out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVQEkilYbi8

btw see it before the BBC takes it off...

Edited by HelRazor