• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2014 Premio or 2011 A4

Jsee881

Question

Hello there,

so yes, it’s time to spare my hard earned monies in the dream. A car ofcourse. 

I’m stuck between the Toyota Premio 2014 and the Audi A4 2011. Which one should I go for? Suggest me please and the reason too. 

5 answers to this question

If you have to ask the question...then the Premio it shall be :) <--- that was sarcasm by the way...but some might find some truth to it.

So..uhh...if I may ask...

is this your first car ?

Are you an experienced are you as a driver ?

Are you a petrol head ?

How would you rank driving pleasure vs. fuel economy ?

If you buy a car at Rs.Xmil do you believe it is your right to sell it at Rs. Xmil + Y ?

Do you believe maintaining a Japanese car is cheaper than maintaining a Euro car ?

What exactly are you looking for ? What will you do with the car and what is it being used for ?

• Like 1

you cannot compare an Audi with a Premio just because they are similar size, they are differently built(suspension,handling).

if you really want to compare with an Audi, take a Toyota Crown or at least a Mark 2.

PS: Those who buy Euros just do so, without asking others(still relevant for above 1L models, I think:rolleyes:). Sometimes they get laughed at, but they are happy doing their thing. Given that you have already asked the question,go for the Toyota.

Edited by ajm

yes mate. Nice set of questions. :) So yea This is my first car. I drive clutches for the past 8 years; I’m experienced. I would choose pleasure over fuel economy yet I have little idea how much would a european burn.

Not always. Really depends on how long I’m gonna be using it. If it’s more than a 3-4 years I won’t mind Xmil - lil y. :D

is that not the fact? A european costs more to maintain? 

So, My wish is for an Audi A4 2011 over the toyota. But, I’m not sure if a 2011 to far behind than the 2014 premio talking about the looks and features. And yes, I need to sell it at some point too. 

25 minutes ago, ajm said:

you cannot compare an Audi with a Premio just because they are similar size, they are differently built(suspension,handling).

if you really want to compare with an Audi, take a Toyota Crown or at least a Mark 2.

PS: Those who buy Euros just do so, without asking others(still relevant for above 1L models, I think:rolleyes:). Sometimes they get laughed at, but they are happy doing their thing. Given that you have already asked the question,go for the Toyota.

European is first in my list. But 2011 is the best I can go for right now. (Looking at my pockets again ;)) I’m not sure if a 2011 is equipped with shit I’m lookin for. 

If you want driving pleasure go for the Audi....comfort wise...well it is a matter of taste and preference. Being a bit sportier the Audi does have slightly firmer suspension but it is pretty smooth and comfy.The Premio on the other hand is like riding along on a cloud of jelly. Quiet and soft on the bum but the way the car handles and drives is quite lazy.

Although the Audi is a bit older than the Premio, the Audi will have more bells and whistles than the Premio. In fact Audis and other Euros had more bells and whistles back then which you get to see in average Japanese cars only just now. As for looks...well personally I find the A4 a lot more meaner and current than the 2014 Premio. So again..a matter of taste.

As for resale value....well this being SL you can sell of any load of s*** with a Toyota badge on it. For the Audi...you are looking at a slightly smaller crowd. Irrespective of the brand..any car priced reasonably and taken care of will sell.

As for Japanese cars being cheaper maintain....that is a myth. If you use genuine parts and take it to a reputed garage the price difference will be quite small between Japanese and European cars. Granted, for Japanese cars you get plenty of cheap Chinese/Indonesian/Taiwanese parts and every maka baas down the road says they can fix it to better standards than the manufacturer. If you go down that road; then yes it will be cheap to maintain..but then you will have to pay for it in other areas in many other ways. When considering body parts..yes the Audi might cost a bit more because you get plenty of used body parts/fixtures for Japanese cars.

• Like 1