• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Every 2016 Gearbox problem

Madusanka

Question

I have Suzuki Every 2016 Mini Van(35000km )

I replaced its battery because of a battery problem.After that a jerk coming from the gearbox.So I took my vehicle to a workshop.They learnt gears by a launch scanner.Thereafter I can start my vehicle and change gears but can't be driven.So I need a fix for that.

Thank You 

10 answers to this question

Hi Madusanka, welcome to the forum!

I'm guessing you didn't provide auxiliary power to the car during the battery replacement, so the ECU and TCU would have been reset as a result. The jerk would have been a result of that. If you let the car idle on Park and then on Drive for several minutes, technically the transmission would have learnt on it's own and the jerking would have stopped. 

When it comes to teaching-in the transmission through a diagnostic scanner, it's highly recommended that you do it either at the agent or a garage that has the proper diagnostic tools. What I'm confused about here is if there's really manual teach-in required for a conventional automatic transmission like the one on your car. In any case, I think this "learning" has messed up the TCU again.

When  you say that it can't be driven now, do you mean that the transmission shifts into gear but the car doesn't move? Also, when you said that the car was jerking, did it start and drive?

Hi all,

Figured I'd post my query here than open a new thread. I've seen a few Suzuki Every models..but I am stuck between deciding to buy a tiptronic gear option or the full automatic gear option. Is it true that the tiptronic gear option causes issues in the long run? Appreciate any advice. 

Thanks!

I have a zuzukki every 2017 car.one day washed car with start.after wash switch off and go out, after 10-15 minutes I was starting but not start. After 6 hours I try to start now started. This case come time to time. Please send me your advice, that is tiptonic unit issue or power issue ( 6300km)

Thanks

Edited by Wasantha b

On 12/24/2020 at 10:57 PM, Urs said:

My 2016 Suzuki every does not enter gear again. It always displays N ( nuetral) on the dashboard . Wether it is on park, drive or reverse. Please what can I do to solve the problem?

same problem i am facing in my every what is the solution