• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying Toyota Allion 2010

GamageSN

Question

I'm planing to go for a Toyota Allion (2010 models).Budget is around 45laks. What are the versions of Allion (is there a G grade,if so what are the additional features that comes in it) ?What are the different options that comes in Allions (illumination dash board, ect)?What is the highest grade of Allion?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

9 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Hi, and Welcome to AL,

You might find it distressing what the owners of your car have to say ,..

You mean CVT troubles? Other than that there's nothing much to complain. Have to watch out for AC compressor also but both are fairly common problems of JDM  Toyotas of this era. 

Edited by hrm

1 hour ago, hrm said:

You mean CVT troubles? Other than that there's nothing much to complain. Have to watch out for AC compressor also but both are fairly common problems of JDM  Toyotas of this era. 

which model years exactly has the famous  AC Compressor issue? Wasn't it fixed from 2010 onwards? And what exactly happens?

2 minutes ago, matroska said:

which model years exactly has the famous  AC Compressor issue? Wasn't it fixed from 2010 onwards? And what exactly happens?

I think it's most prominent in 2007/8 NZT260s than 2010s may be due to age. But one my neighbors having a 2015 Premio had a AC issue as well though I'm not sure it's the same problem or a different one.

It's the compressor that Toyota use. It's a clutch-less variable displacement compressor that is efficient but wear out fast. As I know if diagnosed early this can be repaired by replacing a solonoid or a valve inside. This compressor type is used in Vitz, Axio, Belta and some other models but problem mainly reported in Axios and NZT260s.

4 hours ago, hrm said:

I think it's most prominent in 2007/8 NZT260s than 2010s may be due to age. But one my neighbors having a 2015 Premio had a AC issue as well though I'm not sure it's the same problem or a different one.

It's the compressor that Toyota use. It's a clutch-less variable displacement compressor that is efficient but wear out fast. As I know if diagnosed early this can be repaired by replacing a solonoid or a valve inside. This compressor type is used in Vitz, Axio, Belta and some other models but problem mainly reported in Axios and NZT260s.

Was talking to an owner - apparently the issue was there even in the 2010 onward models according to him the issues kicks in close to the 100k mark. 

21 minutes ago, matroska said:

Was talking to an owner - apparently the issue was there even in the 2010 onward models according to him the issues kicks in close to the 100k mark. 

Could be. Some people replace this compressor with a 121 unit which reduce the fuel efficiency and compressor itself might fail again. OP should look for this while checking cars.

Usually NZT260s near 100k mark has to undergo AC repair (only compressor or both the compressor and evaporator coil), shock replacement, Engine mount replacement. if these are done by the previous owner (with genuine parts) no headache for you.

As for the CVT, my allion is now at 80k and still running like brand new.  So I think it has more life on it past the 100k mark.(At least for the vehicles which has been maintained properly with proper institutes).

Dont buy this G grade bullshit. Look for the options. Standard 260s come with blinker mirrors, smart keys, push start..blah..blah.... What i found different is some come with steering controls (Can be added later anyway), fog lights, rear and front parking sensors, auto or manual adjustable headlights and some even with VSC. (Might even find Cruise). (Car experts make corrections if Im wrong here).Try to get a 1.8 version as most of the options are factory fitted as opposed to 1.5s which might have been added later by makabases. 

Good luck with car hunting.

On 8/24/2018 at 9:11 AM, matroska said:

I had a 2012 model, The compressor gave up at around 45,000km (I owned the car from 7000km to 65,000km and had no issues with the CVT). I brought down a used compressor from Japan for around 20k and ran it without issues till I sold the car at 65,000km.

Edited by kadsa98
grammer

Usually NZT260s near 100k mark has to undergo AC repair (only compressor or both the compressor and evaporator coil), shock replacement, Engine mount replacement. if these are done by the previous owner (with genuine parts) no headache for you.
As for the CVT, my allion is now at 80k and still running like brand new.  So I think it has more life on it past the 100k mark.(At least for the vehicles which has been maintained properly with proper institutes).
Dont buy this G grade bullshit. Look for the options. Standard 260s come with blinker mirrors, smart keys, push start..blah..blah.... What i found different is some come with steering controls (Can be added later anyway), fog lights, rear and front parking sensors, auto or manual adjustable headlights and some even with VSC. (Might even find Cruise). (Car experts make corrections if Im wrong here).Try to get a 1.8 version as most of the options are factory fitted as opposed to 1.5s which might have been added later by makabases. 
Good luck with car hunting.
Thanks BlueRaiden for the valuable information.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk