• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Legacy B4 Rsk

madmax

Just a question: How does the RSK compare to the WRX?? The B4 will have more 'creature comforts' for sure..

Functionality & Comfort levels for sure will be more in the RSK machang...(ex: Leather seats)...with regard to power, the RSK due to the Twin turbo will out do a WRX/WRX:STi on top speeds...but from point A2B and B2C the: power/speed/quickness on the Scoobies are just off tha "ying yang"...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the RSK also weighs a good 100kg more than a REX...

Oh yeah...forgot abt the weight aspect, the WRX/WRX: STi 's have a somewhat beter power-to-weight-ratio than the RSK 's in term of quickness

Functionality & Comfort levels for sure will be more in the RSK machang...(ex: Leather seats)...with regard to power, the RSK due to the Twin turbo will out do a WRX/WRX:STi on top speeds...but from point A2B and B2C the: power/speed/quickness on the Scoobies are just off tha "ying yang"...

hmm well I think the WRX & Sti will take the RSK down easily.. but which is the better 'all round' car??

RSK specs:

Base Price, GBP 26,450

Engine Type dohc flat-4 twin-turbo

Displacement, cc 1994

Horsepower@rpm 276@6500

Torque, lb-ft@rpm 253@5000

Curb Weight, lb 3168

0-60 mph, sec 5.9

1/4 mile, sec 13.7

Top Speed, mph 157

0-100mph, sec 15.9

With the new Subaru Legacy, a high performance version of it has also arrived: the B4 RSK. The B4, which indicated suspension tuning by Porsche (yes, Porsche!), Subaru's new partner in Japan, and RSK which stands for Rally Sport Kompressor are the main clues to the true nature of this 280 horsepower sedan. That is the same output of the Subaru Impreza WRX STi and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI (isn't it convenient how so many Japanese cars have 2.0 litre engines and put out 280hp?) which just like the Legacy will not be sold in North America. Quite a shame considering the performance and value. The twin-turbo system provides the excellent 4-cylinder powerplant with the power for some spirited performance. If you plan to spend most of your time at the track or rallying, get a Lancer Evolution, but if all you need is a great sports sedan with the ability to easily haul 4 people, the Legacy B4 RSK is a much more conservative choice.

http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/html/legacy.html

hmm well I think the WRX & Sti will take the RSK down easily.. but which is the better 'all round' car??

That my friend...er...is a tough call machang...personally i'm going with the STi...the rush and the thrill you get is much more and is a much more fun car to drive...wonder what the other's take on this is B) ....

personally i see the cars in two different leagues...the STi a better choice for sprints and the B4 gud for long hauls...sorta like bikes...the sport bikes and the tourers both hav huge displacement but their handling, weight and comfort is way different...so it all comes down to if u want pure thrills or a cruiser with some decent oomph...my opinion here so dont lash out...

personally i see the cars in two different leagues...the STi a better choice for sprints and the B4 gud for long hauls...sorta like bikes...the sport bikes and the tourers both hav huge displacement but their handling, weight and comfort is way different...so it all comes down to if u want pure thrills or a cruiser with some decent oomph...my opinion here so dont lash out...

Actually the RSK is for the dude who wants it all! All the Tourer perks with WRX like speed- those specs are pretty decent- you got a posh mature 4 door ride that Honda's would rater avoid on the road..

Hmm no wonder Max is intrestested B)

Actually the RSK is for the dude who wants it all! All the Tourer perks with WRX like speed- those specs are pretty decent- you got a posh mature 4 door ride that Honda's would rater avoid on the road..

Hmm no wonder Max is intrestested B)

Max isn't. It really IS for another friend. Dude looking to upgrade from a Carina GT. Good upgrade, huh? ;)

Max isn't. It really IS for another friend. Dude looking to upgrade from a Carina GT. Good upgrade, huh? :lol:

well... i dont think the upgrade will happen really, he wants 18.50 for his GA-xxxx plated Carina GT, seems a gud car which is just over 1K, but still.. datz too much. dunno wen i will be able to see a GT parked @ my place, still couldnt find a decent car for my price [ 14.50 -15 around i can afford rite nw], HELP! (if ther are GT's for dat price) :D

and two weeks back checked a 301 - GT, its with lease, 1K + on milage, gud body condition, interior not really <_< and the UNCLE wants 17.75 if we are settling at once. i think he can keep dat car FOREVER!!

well... i dont think the upgrade will happen really, he wants 18.50 for his GA-xxxx plated Carina GT, seems a gud car which is just over 1K, but still.. datz too much. dunno wen i will be able to see a GT parked @ my place, still couldnt find a decent car for my price [ 14.50 -15 around i can afford rite nw], HELP! (if ther are GT's for dat price) :D

and two weeks back checked a 301 - GT, its with lease, 1K + on milage, gud body condition, interior not really <_< and the UNCLE wants 17.75 if we are settling at once. i think he can keep dat car FOREVER!!

18.5 for a manual 'new face' should be sort of ok right? :lol:

18.5 for a manual 'new face' should be sort of ok right? :lol:

naa pila. its not the new face. its a 1997 model.

Madmax's model which is advertised, claude wanted only 17 for the GP - xxxx plates and its 1998, plus havent reached 1K yet. i offered him 16 + and he said can't. reallly had hopes for the GA - plates but <_< not anymore

----------------------------------

' yesterday saw Diyath's EVO 6, silver' GJ - 2001 plates. wow! wot a car. same which is advertised in AL, if the black 301 - is around 30, i wonder how much a english plate will worth, heard dat diyaths is the only EVO in SL which has not been hacked, or harmed' being a EVO! :D nice cars..

naa pila. its not the new face. its a 1997 model.

Madmax's model which is advertised, claude wanted only 17 for the GP - xxxx plates and its 1998, plus havent reached 1K yet. i offered him 16 + and he said can't. reallly had hopes for the GA - plates but <_< not anymore

----------------------------------

' yesterday saw Diyath's EVO 6, silver' GJ - 2001 plates. wow! wot a car. same which is advertised in AL, if the black 301 - is around 30, i wonder how much a english plate will worth, heard dat diyaths is the only EVO in SL which has not been hacked, or harmed' being a EVO! :D nice cars..

Faaaaarking Charlie! 18.5 for a '97?? the guys insane he'll never get the price.. yeah you missed a good buy with Claude's one, I work with him and knew the car the well- lovely condition. Diyath's a good friend of one my good friends- he really takes care of the car even gets down all the special fluids you need to run it like the AYC fluid.. spends a bucket load of cash on it..

On the black one for sale on AL- there was also an article on it in the Motormag.. he he when I read it I knew for sure that car was about to go for sale.. hell 3 million's a decent starting price for it.. says that it has never been raced. :lol:

On the black one for sale on AL- there was also an article on it in the Motormag.. he he when I read it I knew for sure that car was about to go for sale.. hell 3 million's a decent starting price for it.. says that it has never been raced. :lol:

hey man isn't this the normal lancer that was converted to an evo by nadeera

i guess this is the one ... if so is it worth 3 mil :lol:

Depends on how good the conversion is I guess... Evo 6 conversions are tough.. Remember the Evo 7 Convert/ F&F knock off for sale in Wattala? I think it was available for over a year..

I heard something like that once on the car -really cant confrim.

i remember fuzzo seeing this car in his dreams in my after that autocross at water's edge, where it kinda made its debute on Autolanka :D

it was a lancer-->evo6 converstion as the guys were saying at that time

Depends on how good the conversion is I guess... Evo 6 conversions are tough.. Remember the Evo 7 Convert/ F&F knock off for sale in Wattala? I think it was available for over a year..

how much did it sell for in the end?

Faaaaarking Charlie! 18.5 for a '97?? the guys insane he'll never get the price.. yeah you missed a good buy with Claude's one, I work with him and knew the car the well- lovely condition.

How much did he get for that?

i checked it out 5 weeks back..he asking 2.8mil ;) for that car and he said that somebody has bought that car bt the funny thing is that the car is still there..it a twin turbo alright,with the turbo timer and everything..couldn't check the back of the car to check for the badge cos it ws stacked like tin cans u find in a store.Nice looking car thou.

he told us 2.2... and he had told my friend he would like to even exchange it to his civic ( ES ) worth around 2.2... wonder why he brought the price up... :D