• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Alarm Ststem

kingsheron

35 minutes ago, kingsheron said:

Hi, I got a steelmate car alarm system and the siren is annoying. Can anyone tell me how to disable the siren? 

Thanks

Would you explain what the problem is.

Mean while (depending on the model) arm with mute mode (only light will go off and no siren) or reduce the sensitivity. There should be a small box in your car where you can adjust the sensitivity. You can kick the tire to test and adjust to the level you like it to be.

If that doesn’t help check your door light sensor on your doors. 

If that doesn’t help either something wrong with your unit or a faulty installation job. I assume you got it installed by SunLanka? Ask them to check.

5 minutes ago, kmeeg said:

Would you explain what the problem is.

Mean while (depending on the model) arm with mute mode (only light will go off and no siren) or reduce the sensitivity. There should be a small box in your car where you can adjust the sensitivity. You can kick the tire to test and adjust to the level you like it to be.

If that doesn’t help check your door light sensor on your doors. 

If that doesn’t help either something wrong with your unit or a faulty installation job. I assume you got it installed by SunLanka? Ask them to check.

Thanks for replying, the alarm system is perfectly fine. I just want to mute the whole system (including disarm/arm beeps). What if I disconnect the earth wire from the siren? Will it affect the car?

23 minutes ago, kingsheron said:

Thanks for replying, the alarm system is perfectly fine. I just want to mute the whole system (including disarm/arm beeps). What if I disconnect the earth wire from the siren? Will it affect the car?

I guess you can arm with mute mode for now.

I doubt you can just disconnect earth wire and disable the system as it is connected to the ignition switch also. If I were you I would just let a sunlanka person have it removed.

I’m surprised that you are trying to remove the security system. I’m not saying about this steelmate, in my opinion any good security system is worth to have.

On 10/20/2018 at 10:14 AM, kingsheron said:

What if I disconnect the earth wire from the siren? Will it affect the car?

Yes you can do it by disconnecting negative wire. But then what's the purpose of security system?

Edited by Prangi

7 hours ago, Prangi said:

Yes you can do it by disconnecting negative wire. But then what's the purpose security system?

May be can try just to remove the wires for the siren right?

If he has that 2way security system can get alert to the remote. (No experience with their 2way security system though)