• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

:: Air Filters Role ::

dragster

Question

• Answers 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Then you did all this to compete with what? :)

nothing...

Hey dudes,

Well well is nice to hear you guys are having a time with yourselves and am glad to have been of assistance.

Hola (toy N**ga) I suggest getting the rims first simply because I can't test it beyond 140 with the current set. With speed you need control and I pushed it to the limit that day so if you want to push 180 I suggest we do the rim swap first. Then well can go for the exhaust. Finally we can fiddle a bit with your fuel via either HKS chip or adjustable fuel pressure regulator. After that stage you might have to sacrifice ride comfort for stiffer springs....but is upto you really.

ZZ you need to fix some time up to install the header, with the ceramic coat and the heat wrap we can bring down your engine bay temps quite significantly, which I feel is important since you don't have a vari select tranny like Hola's and we need to do everything possible to lower backpressure and increase exhaust gas velocity.

As for this dragging business well boys have fun but remember to keep it safe, know the limits of your car, its OK to be balsy but don't be a retard :(

Cheers, Porky

Hey Porkstr bro,

I will do all the mods but I will never giveup my comfort. I just need that after a hard days work. Lets get the alloys done next month. But seriosuly i am worried on 15" as lot of guys in AL are very neagtive on comfort

toy N**ga??? hey porkster! Hola could get his ECU modded yeah? it would and could be far more cheaper than the piggyback chip no? I dont know much about the ECU modding though.. so correct me if wrong.. oh yeah.. one more question :-) does the fuel pressure regulator work similiar to the AFR chip or else is there a difference in fuel consumption in both of them?

Yes sir.. me trying to cookup a funky plan to make my dad believe that I am taking the car for a good purpose but hell.. the weekends the only time :-( dad gotta go to office n stuff during the w-days.. heat wrapping the header and also how bout thinking some plan to reduce the temp of the air intake? if there is balance heat wrap that is...

Zz

Nexgen, did you try reserching if we can get a air intake temp meter? Does something like that exsits?

nothing...

Hey Porkstr bro,

I will do all the mods but I will never giveup my comfort. I just need that after a hard days work. Lets get the alloys done next month. But seriosuly i am worried on 15" as lot of guys in AL are very neagtive on comfort

Nexgen, did you try reserching if we can get a air intake temp meter? Does something like that exsits?

Air intake temp meter? Wel it might exist considering the fact that the cool air bringz about more performance but am really not sure.. i think the other guys would know more about it.. even though.. itz just a meter no? lolz..

Zz

toy N**ga??? hey porkster! Hola could get his ECU modded yeah? it would and could be far more cheaper than the piggyback chip no? I dont know much about the ECU modding though.. so correct me if wrong.. oh yeah.. one more question :-) does the fuel pressure regulator work similiar to the AFR chip or else is there a difference in fuel consumption in both of them?

The pressure regulator is mechanical and will maintain a constant pressure to the fuel rail, whereas the HKS will adjust the injector pulse according to throttle position and RPM. Modding the ECU won't be cheaper and actually once it is reprogrammed it is set that way whereas a piggyback or stand alone can be reconfigured each time to accomodate any new mods.

Yes sir.. me trying to cookup a funky plan to make my dad believe that I am taking the car for a good purpose but hell.. the weekends the only time :-( dad gotta go to office n stuff during the w-days.. heat wrapping the header and also how bout thinking some plan to reduce the temp of the air intake? if there is balance heat wrap that is...

Zz

Once we install and wrap the new header your engine bay temps will come down so much you can touch the header with your hands! That's gonna be about as cool as anything is going to get under the bonnet, due to this the point of wrapping the intake piping become redundant as the air sucked in at that point will be many degrees cooler than at present. Another way to reduce would be to cut into your fender wall and plumb the filter outside but I think in your case this is pointless.

Cheers, Porky

Air intake temp meter? Wel it might exist considering the fact that the cool air bringz about more performance but am really not sure.. i think the other guys would know more about it.. even though.. itz just a meter no? lolz..

Zz

IAT meters do exist but what's the point, same with Vacuum and Voltage. For Normally aspirated cars like you guys this is just silly ass ricing. If you want to get meters get an Air/Fuel ratio meter (so you know if you're running lean or rich) and a Water Temp meter (so you know if ur ass is overheating). Install meters for the sake of having info on hand you really need.

The meters I recommended should be good ones not the cheap ass autgauge stuff u see everywhere because the accuracy of your info will save you money and your car. With meter I recommend Defi but if not Autometer will work fine. With air/fuel you know if your car's tuning is off at which time you need to check all the parameters that may effect it and tune accordingly. With the water temp you know if your car is running too hot at which time you can check and fix and/or adjust your cooling system.......aaah come time think of it if you really really want I guess a voltage meter would be OK just to ensure you're not gona run out of juice for your killa stereo system (NOT) :ninja:

Cheers, Porky

I would like to get one, but Porkster is negative on ricing. I wanted to get a vacum meter and a voltage meter on the door panels,but someone is against ricing

Ado, if you really want to get gauges get Air/Fuel, Water Temp....and OKOK I let you have something....Volts. Don't get cheapo inaccurate gauges though, get at the very least Autometer Sport Comp....and to mount in a non ricey-i-wanna-look-like-im-running-boost-but-aint look suggest you fill up some of that extra DIN slots below your stereo.

Rims as I told you we go put em on and if you notice ANY, and I mean ANY difference in the ride we change em OK?

Cheers, Porky

nothing...

Cmon Hola...!! u sayin u did all this mods and u dont want to even tryout a drag..?? :ninja:

Cmon cmon dude... it aint no real sin to drag ur car and see the results ei..?? Im sure Isuru will b quite willing to have a go with u.. (well, that guy is not really bothred about da outcome or anythin.. bugger jus wants to hav fun in drags)..

Hey, neXGen.. Wat ya say dude..?? wont it be an interesting event Hola Vs. Isuru..?? We all can go out and cheer up da 2 of them right..??

I would like to get one, but Porkster is negative on ricing. I wanted to get a vacum meter and a voltage meter on the door panels,but someone is against ricing

wel.. it would be a bit hardcore.. especially when a auto trannys fitted with guages n fancy stuff... lolz.. i would go for a voltage meter nevertheless as i got a sound system that sucks great power.. and a RPM meter too at times.. but you d better get ya car moving faster before having any idea of "ricing" it lmao...

yo! come on man... show the lion in ya and race isuru wil ya!! i seriously wanna see how the modification worked out in yours in comparison to isurus vtec.. i dont think the Sports mode gonna help you with the winning part though ;-) itz da power of will heehee.. wut say?!!! i ll be the official referee along wit Mr. Cat... dont tel me that by merely looking at this post ya heart beats a bit faster lmao ;-)

Mr. Cat, lets make this NOT a race but a test of Hola's Modz k.. no prize or anyshit man.. just to see whether the mods really work.. :-)

Zz

Edited by neXGen

Once we install and wrap the new header your engine bay temps will come down so much you can touch the header with your hands! That's gonna be about as cool as anything is going to get under the bonnet, due to this the point of wrapping the intake piping become redundant as the air sucked in at that point will be many degrees cooler than at present. Another way to reduce would be to cut into your fender wall and plumb the filter outside but I think in your case this is pointless.

Yeah agree about going through the fender.. lolz.. it ll be literally my funeral the next day once i reach home otherwise.. but as ya said bro.. the bonnet temp outta reduce by a few degrees cuz of the heatwrap so that would be suffice for me.. my car aint no monster in no way.. why treat it like one? ;-)

Cheers, Porky

IAT meters do exist but what's the point, same with Vacuum and Voltage. For Normally aspirated cars like you guys this is just silly ass ricing. If you want to get meters get an Air/Fuel ratio meter (so you know if you're running lean or rich) and a Water Temp meter (so you know if ur ass is overheating). Install meters for the sake of having info on hand you really need.

The meters I recommended should be good ones not the cheap ass autgauge stuff u see everywhere because the accuracy of your info will save you money and your car. With meter I recommend Defi but if not Autometer will work fine. With air/fuel you know if your car's tuning is off at which time you need to check all the parameters that may effect it and tune accordingly. With the water temp you know if your car is running too hot at which time you can check and fix and/or adjust your cooling system.......aaah come time think of it if you really really want I guess a voltage meter would be OK just to ensure you're not gona run out of juice for your killa stereo system (NOT) :ninja:

Thats what i told you.. was thinking about a voltage meter for my stereo. RPMs off my mind for now.. lolz.. so mine aint a killa system eh? lolz.. just wait and see.. the bloody thing has got its cone lose cuz of foam coming off a bit. Gonna replace it and then gonna kick ass!! (Yup! I told ya its become ok but unfortunately theres some devil playing around wit me boom box). It would be too early for a water temp now i guess eh porky? whats the air/fuel meter? the AFR? or is it a different gauge eh?

Ado, if you really want to get gauges get Air/Fuel, Water Temp....and OKOK I let you have something....Volts. Don't get cheapo inaccurate gauges though, get at the very least Autometer Sport Comp....and to mount in a non ricey-i-wanna-look-like-im-running-boost-but-aint look suggest you fill up some of that extra DIN slots below your stereo.

Rims as I told you we go put em on and if you notice ANY, and I mean ANY difference in the ride we change em OK?

Cheers, Porky

The stuf that motor***e got are of good quality? they ve got some wicked looking gauges though.. beautiful ones.. bah... gauges are later on me wish list.. am too freakin broke :-( sniff....

Zz

In the door panels? :ninja:

:) i dont know what ya call those gauges in that area too.. not the door panel.. but towards the right side frame of the windscreen.. i think i ve put it out in the correct way lolz..

Zz

Mr. Cat, lets make this NOT a race but a test of Hola's Modz k.. no prize or anyshit man.. just to see whether the mods really work.. :-)

Zz

yes datz the spirit! this would be a good display of the potential of this mod!

@hola: plz make sure dat u dont do any more power boosting modz b4 u drag me(if u decide to do so) ... dat way we can establish the effectiveness of the intake mod in question ... wot say hola my friend?

Since im a bit busy at work I cant type a lenghty reply. But in short...I dont want to drag. Maybe Isurus is faster, nexgen is faster...Well good for them...People dont buy sportscars or do mods to drag. Its driving pleasure and other various reasons. Ok, so sorry for being a bad sport, but Hola wont drag. Peace!

Since im a bit busy at work I cant type a lenghty reply. But in short...I dont want to drag. Maybe Isurus is faster, nexgen is faster...Well good for them...People dont buy sportscars or do mods to drag. Its driving pleasure and other various reasons. Ok, so sorry for being a bad sport, but Hola wont drag. Peace!

kewl! scene! i get the message! :ninja:

!!?? modifying a car for driving pleasure? i see no added driving pleasure in putting a airflow intake for added bhp. i mean.. porkster did touch 140 in ya car.. come on man! it aint like isuruz gonna wreck you or anythin.. cant you spare just 5 mins @ greenpath for a very good bud of yaz? @least to calm his poor soul? make porkster advice do good in reality (that is speed)..

f*** only minez faster dan ya n isuru.. from what porkster.. i ll be standing stil while you are 10 meters ahead ;-) i very well raced isuru knowing that * his is a v-tec * to gauge my performance against such a vehicle * for fun

come on.. i know you aint senile or anything ;-) just 1 teeny weeny drag.. heeehee.. not me though.. am scared!! lolz wit isuru dat is..

Zz

Edited by neXGen

[

Zz

:ninja: i dont know what ya call those gauges in that area too.. not the door panel.. but towards the right side frame of the windscreen.. i think i ve put it out in the correct way lolz..

Hi,

I think it is called the windscreen pillar.

Porks

!!?? modifying a car for driving pleasure? i see no added driving pleasure in putting a airflow intake for added bhp. i mean.. porkster did touch 140 in ya car.. come on man! it aint like isuruz gonna wreck you or anythin.. cant you spare just 5 mins @ greenpath for a very good bud of yaz? @least to calm his poor soul? make porkster advice do good in reality (that is speed)..

f*** only minez faster dan ya n isuru.. from what porkster.. i ll be standing stil while you are 10 meters ahead ;-) i very well raced isuru knowing that * his is a v-tec * to gauge my performance against such a vehicle * for fun

come on.. i know you aint senile or anything ;-) just 1 teeny weeny drag.. heeehee.. not me though.. am scared!! lolz wit isuru dat is..

Zz

Hi,

Look you guys if Hola don't wanna drag then leave him be, once he gets new rims and if he lets me.....and its not a day I've spent hanging out by poolside with brewskies....Hola you know whatta mean by this Toy Ni*ga..... I will drag his car for him.....I also believe that modding it for more hp gains does give better driving pleasure as opposed to reasons of simply dragging against another in a straight line.

Cheers, Porky

[

Zz

:) i dont know what ya call those gauges in that area too.. not the door panel.. but towards the right side frame of the windscreen.. i think i ve put it out in the correct way lolz..

Hi,

I think it is called the windscreen pillar.

Porks

Hi,

Look you guys if Hola don't wanna drag then leave him be, once he gets new rims and if he lets me.....and its not a day I've spent hanging out by poolside with brewskies....Hola you know whatta mean by this Toy Ni*ga..... I will drag his car for him.....I also believe that modding it for more hp gains does give better driving pleasure as opposed to reasons of simply dragging against another in a straight line.

Cheers, Porky

heehee.. now ya r supporting him eh? ;-) oh wel.. it was all good when the there was fun under the sun sigh... but i stil say.. just to calm isuruz burning desire to drag.. just to @least "drag"... it wuz cuz da bugger bugged me dat i took on his offer to drag him n i didnt pump al da way cuz i knw isuru just would love 2 win else he woulda been dull faced through out da way.. i coulda easily whooped his city if i wanted to ;-) lmao... :lol:

i d agree wit porkster bout ya rimz though... me just tastin ya patience buddy.. easy.. i aint no draggin nut too.. hell.. modifying mine aint gonna take me nowhere in the dragging scene lolz.. porkster very well knows my intentions and what i want outta ma car in terms of modification.. wel ya could call it a project.. callin it a experiment would b overkil lolz.. toy n*gga??!!! :unsure:

Zz

In the door panels? :lol:

Sorry windscreen pillers.Thanks Porky

heehee.. now ya r supporting him eh? ;-) oh wel.. it was all good when the there was fun under the sun sigh... but i stil say.. just to calm isuruz burning desire to drag.. just to @least "drag"... it wuz cuz da bugger bugged me dat i took on his offer to drag him n i didnt pump al da way cuz i knw isuru just would love 2 win else he woulda been dull faced through out da way.. i coulda easily whooped his city if i wanted to ;-) lmao... :)

i d agree wit porkster bout ya rimz though... me just tastin ya patience buddy.. easy.. i aint no draggin nut too.. hell.. modifying mine aint gonna take me nowhere in the dragging scene lolz.. porkster very well knows my intentions and what i want outta ma car in terms of modification.. wel ya could call it a project.. callin it a experiment would b overkil lolz.. toy n*gga??!!! :unsure:

Zz

You are right Isuru loves draging now ever since he claims he beat you. Word on the street is that Isuru is next in line for a cold air intake by porkster.

And nexgen, you are right about my patience. I think people know it if they go through these forums. I am not into drags, some of the greatest people i know like Ashan who owns a RS and Dinosh who owns a rare breed Mazda Interplay are not draging too. Those two have fast cars from inception. Its just driving pleasure, accelearation on demand and better fuel economy what i looked at..

oh man u own a honda bt u dont like to drag sad sene anyway call ur friends and arrange a private drag so u dnt have to tell us ur results, then no one know u won or lost bt sad to hear ur moding ur car for street use :unsure:

oh man u own a honda bt u dont like to drag sad sene anyway call ur friends and arrange a private drag so u dnt have to tell us ur results, then no one know u won or lost bt sad to hear ur moding ur car for street use :)

:P Yup Thats Hola! :unsure: My Car, My Style, My Way. :lol: I think you should get intouch with my friend Izuru, He loooooooves drags, aint that right nexgen?

[

Cheers, Porky

Hey Porks.. these boys seem to really look up to you as the Guru for mods & other stuff. Since your willing, why not bring one of your machines and drag some of the serious drag boys.. I mean at least the dudes with manual cars :unsure:

If you like I can get you in touch with the TICers..

Edited by Pilawoos

Hey Porks.. these boys seem to really look up to you as the Guru for mods & other stuff. Since your willing, why not bring one of your machines and drag some of the serious drag boys.. I mean at least the dudes with manual cars :unsure:

Yup, he is the guru. No two words about it. Porkstr is a quiet character. You all will be stunned when you see his own Nissan project comes out. And I think and bet that no other car will be faster like his Nissan Project.

atleast the dudez with "manual" cars? atleast we ve got somethin runnin on the streets to be proud of lolz... as for him racing.. heehee... let time do the talkin...

Zz

atleast the dudez with "manual" cars? atleast we ve got somethin runnin on the streets to be proud of lolz... as for him racing.. heehee... let time do the talkin...

Zz

do u think porky will drag? I think he wont. Even if he does, then too bad for others