• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Strike Back On?

fuzzo

bro Don... until today all your post had very good sense but sadly this one, your sort of speaking within a frame... I'm sort of lazy to be typing a long explanation as to why, so I'll just rest my case.... :D

machang you should be here to see the truth.... also try building two houses today...

Daaaaaaamn rigtht dragster, you said exactly what I wanted to say (i didn't say because I thought I was doing too much OT)... forget two houses, I am having a great trouble building one two story building :) .

And he has also said he thinks that he's in touch with current situation in SL because he spends on his parents. Yeah he may spend in Ruppes but he earns in punds, doesn't he :) .... and that can make a big difference.

Hey Don, don't take things personally and be mad with us. (Well we aren't mad with you, instead we are trying to argue about the core issue in a constrctive manner) I understand that your intention was to make us feel better and appreciate that concern :D , we argue because we feel that you may be a bit out of touch. (of course I could very well be wrong as well) So plz plz don't get mad, but when facts are laid we have to respond ;)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of the garment factories have shut down.. thanks to increase in electricity... very soon we'll be importing clothes as well....

And the air ticket prices...!!! plus airlines are cutting down commissions given to travel agents, and they have implemented very strict measures in credit terms, very soon 2/3 of travel firms will have 2 close down n only the big players will be able to survive..as airlines are trying to minimise there costs by introducing e tickting and giving better deals over the counter to passengers coz they are trying to slowly cut off the intimediaries in the business like travel agents and GDS's like us..

Companies are cutting down on foreign travel like nothing, and it will be a dream for a normal person 2 travel abroad..

S E R I O U S L Y ? oh plz plz do notify me if u ever decide do so plz plz! :D

No offense, but thought u said u were struggling to build ur 2 storied house and now u wanna go for a vzr!!! ... :D

... Ya building material gonna go up again, all to do with world prices, going up, up, & up again!!!

No brother not only world prices to blame! (may be true for copper though) itz all in a cycle of general inflation(internally). even if material import prices are not increasing, there's own exchange rate that is diminishing, there's also general inflation that drives up operating costs of businesses , all those manifest as price hikes in all goods we buy! :)

No offense, but thought u said u were struggling to build ur 2 storied house and now u wanna go for a vzr!!! ... :D

geese i have city which i can sell for around 1.5mn and there are small small increments lately also ney :) . I missed Ja*ak's vzr coz i was worried about turning radius + small backlog in finanace ... and i felt very sad for it when i c my uncle drving a rented vzr(fb15) - bit Jelous

as airlines are trying to minimise there costs by introducing e tickting and giving better deals over the counter to passengers coz they are trying to slowly cut off the intimediaries in the business

Under total quality management all intermdiaries should be removed to the greatest extent possible w/out reducing the value of the final product as seen by the customer, whether it be caused by infaltion or not, I support changes like that :D;)

Under total quality management all intermdiaries should be removed to the greatest extent possible w/out reducing the value of the final product as seen by the customer, whether it be caused by infaltion or not, I support changes like that :D:D

He..he..he..well Isuru..if u wanna have a discussion about TQM in our trade or what ever Economic factor 4 that matter we should have it verbally coz am too lazy 2 type here..

yeah Machang Don.. this is nothing personal... as you can see the Jury has given their verdict... I guess we have proved are points here.. SL is going to the dogs.... I rest my case...

some of the garment factories have shut down.. thanks to increase in electricity... very soon we'll be importing clothes as well....

fyi, most of the clothes at places like HOF are imported from bangkok

He..he..he..well Isuru..if u wanna have a discussion about TQM in our trade or what ever Economic factor 4 that matter we should have it verbally coz am too lazy 2 type here..

My lady, I don't thnk that I have the expertise to argue with you about your industry. I shall accept your arguments, that's why I was careful to say: eliminate all intermediaries that do not add value to the product as seen by the customer. :P Who knows in your industry the intermediries might add value to the product.

Sorry... FB15 VZR..... R U sure??? :)

absolutely yes, at least a "exact" f15 looker like, will post a picture if I catch my uncle b4 he leave to US.

In case if you are still skeptical, itz white, has KB plates, beat silencer, vzr bacth (not GTR :) ) ... imported some year ago or so for a 2mn. or so ... hmm... yah thatz all that my faulty memory recalls

bro Don... until today all your post had very good sense but sadly this one, your sort of speaking within a frame... I'm sort of lazy to be typing a long explanation as to why, so I'll just rest my case.... :)

machang you should be here to see the truth.... also try building two houses today...

Machan Dragster,

No machan I know what you guys mean, I know what all of you guys mean, I have experienced it myself all of it, I mean I have worked in SL. But while I was feeling like you lot, I had the opportunity to travel a bit in South Asia and South East Asia, and while looking at the situation there and comparing to ours I just felt us Sri Lankans had something to be optimistic about. As in things are better here in a lot of other places, and I dont think it fair to compare Sri Lanka to western democracies etc.

And about houses machan tell me about it, cos I have been trying to do that myself with the keyword being trying. Anyways no need to drag this any further, I am not into politics myself guys, simply like you trying to find ways to fuel my cars, have a decent life, and pissed off at the system as you lot are.:)

My intention was simply to cheer you lot up, and tell you with all of our problems we are still a bit better off than a lot of developing countries, I didn't mean to cause anybody any offence or problems etc. Thats the last you will hear of this from me.

The Don

absolutely yes, at least a "exact" f15 looker like, will post a picture if I catch my uncle b4 he leave to US.

In case if you are still skeptical, itz white, has KB plates, beat silencer, vzr bacth (not GTR :) ) ... imported some year ago or so for a 2mn. or so ... hmm... yah thatz all that my faulty memory recalls

U mean ur uncles FB15 front & rear looks like this.

image1nt6.th.jpgimage3ap3.th.jpg

Never knew that FB15 comes in VZR version... :)

There used to be a white VZR that came to the drags.... According to madmax, its for rent now.... using deductive reasoning....

I seem to remember having a photo of a gray one, but I lost it in a HDD crash... Nice car.... Got the pics during those days when we first started coming to drags.

Machan Dragster,

No machan I know what you guys mean, I know what all of you guys mean, I have experienced it myself all of it, I mean I have worked in SL. But while I was feeling like you lot, I had the opportunity to travel a bit in South Asia and South East Asia, and while looking at the situation there and comparing to ours I just felt us Sri Lankans had something to be optimistic about. As in things are better here in a lot of other places, and I dont think it fair to compare Sri Lanka to western democracies etc.

And about houses machan tell me about it, cos I have been trying to do that myself with the keyword being trying. Anyways no need to drag this any further, I am not into politics myself guys, simply like you trying to find ways to fuel my cars, have a decent life, and pissed off at the system as you lot are.:)

My intention was simply to cheer you lot up, and tell you with all of our problems we are still a bit better off than a lot of developing countries, I didn't mean to cause anybody any offence or problems etc. Thats the last you will hear of this from me.

The Don

no worries machnag... it's all good... :)

The Don

You truly are a nice person as I have highlighted it in my previous posts too... I guess I can honestly 100% agree with whatever you have in your previous post. Sri Lanka despite the odds is the best place to live, we have only been highlighting that things have been going in the wrong direction (big time) during the past couple of years or so!

I too share the sentiment about Sri Lanka having a lot to offer to us. especially when you compare it with other countries. I was in US for a little while, travelled and lived in few states CT, Missourie, Michigan, but never did I see a happier place than this country.

But still there's so much basic things that we need to improve in this part of the world! :P

DON YOU NEVER OFFENDED US! SO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO APOLOGISE, we were just arguing as usual :)

Gees! Ash, You think I don't know FB15 :)

There used to be a white VZR that came to the drags.... According to madmax, its for rent now.... using deductive reasoning....

I seem to remember having a photo of a gray one, but I lost it in a HDD crash... Nice car.... Got the pics during those days when we first started coming to drags.

I thnk we both are refering to the same car, especially since you said the car you know is for rent, and my uncle is using the car of mere three weeks b4 he goes back to US.

Preveen if you don't mind plz let me know the price that the guy paid to get the car down here!

Gees! Ash, You think I don't know FB15 :)

I thnk we both are refering to the same car, especially since you said the car you know is for rent, and my uncle is using the car of mere three weeks b4 he goes back to US.

Preveen if you don't mind plz let me know the price that the guy paid to get the car down here!

I know everybody know wht's a FB15. But I still can't believe there are FB15 VZRs. I know there are FN15 & FN16 VZRs, but FB15 VZR. Sorry....

@ Peri....

In that case don't be surprised to see a VZR badge on my FB15..... :) J/K

S E R I O U S L Y ? oh plz plz do notify me if u ever decide do so plz plz! :)

ok no problem, but remember it does only 7km/ltr in 95 oct :)

I know everybody know wht's a FB15. But I still can't believe there are FB15 VZRs. I know there are FN15 & FN16 VZRs, but FB15 VZR. Sorry....

@ Peri....

In that case don't be surprised to see a VZR badge on my FB15..... :P J/K

ash actually there are three VZR FB15 cars , one of my friends own one too.

silver - GS - plates

dk. grey - HR plates

White - KB plates

buddy you need to get the side skirtings in your FB 15 , then it will look more like a VZR

No idea.

ash actually there are three VZR FB15 cars , one of my friends own one too.

silver - GS - plates

dk. grey - HR plates

White - KB plates

The AutoLanka CID strikes again :) Damn, this forum has an effective car watching system...

saw the car today on baseline road. you forgot to mention that it also has white wheels. this car came to ekala for the drags recently. i think it ran quicksilver.

car does sound good...

saw the car today on baseline road. you forgot to mention that it also has white wheels. this car came to ekala for the drags recently. i think it ran quicksilver.

car does sound good...

yah i too remember the story of vzr fb15 with an early valve lift configuration got thrashed big time by quick silver ... this was some month ago or so!

yesterday it must have been my uncle on the road!

ok no problem, but remember it does only 7km/ltr in 95 oct :D

yah dude understand the stakes, i no longer travel to office by car[cost cutting tnx to house building, like you], come wit my parent till colpetty by can and catch the bus... so fuel econo is not no. 1 concern ... will see! bdw what are you hoping to buy next?

i hope u r not still skeptic, i dunno whether chassis no or whatever is still called fb15 in that or not, all i know is itz looks are a direct derivative of fb15(of course interior dash, skirting and all add on] ... bdw ash is that your wive's fb15, if so how good is it on fuel? (honest figure in traffic i want)

No idea.

The AutoLanka CID strikes again :P Damn, this forum has an effective car watching system...

:D i saw you on saturday going towards colombo in dehiwala around 2.45pm. there was a nother guy in the passenger seat ;):P

yah i too remember the story of vzr fb15 with an early valve lift configuration got thrashed big time by quick silver ... this was some month ago or so!

yesterday it must have been my uncle on the road!

yah dude understand the stakes, i no longer travel to office by car[cost cutting tnx to house building, like you], come wit my parent till colpetty by can and catch the bus... so fuel econo is not no. 1 concern ... will see! bdw what are you hoping to buy next?

i hope u r not still skeptic, i dunno whether chassis no or whatever is still called fb15 in that or not, all i know is itz looks are a direct derivative of fb15(of course interior dash, skirting and all add on] ... bdw ash is that your wive's fb15, if so how good is it on fuel? (honest figure in traffic i want)

OT i have no plans of giving it away, but if i loose my job i have no option

looking at the current situation our trade wil not servive for a long time .

in that case you will getting the VZR with an "EXCUTIVE DRIVER " , thats a package