• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Please Recommend Me A Painter..

hefraz

Question

I am planning on giving my car a full paint job, I am still running on the original paint and want to go for a new one as the car has a few bad scratches.

Could someone recommend an excellent painter who will be able to do a black 2k finish?

I want to achieve an "out of factory look" !

Cheers!!

I am planning on giving my car a full paint job, I am still running on the original paint and want to go for a new one as the car has a few bad scratches.

Could someone recommend an excellent painter who will be able to do a black 2k finish?

Cheers!!

therez a really good painter next to mobitel at W.A.D. Ramanayake Mw.(hope i have got the name of the aforementioned mawatha correct)... there is an older thread called "pait job" summin, check it out in that

ha! found the thread...

click here

WAD Ramanayake Mw. Next to mobitel.

I tried this plc. and they seem to be giving that so called owen paint, even the insurance guys allow a higher claim if you quote from this place. But I of course trust a guy who lives close to where I live, he ain't too popular, but he does a good job @ a very reasonable price.

Cheers!!

2K painting is not as simple as 1K bro cos you cant cut and polish as easily and thus you need to be more careful of the spraying and enviromental factors like dust. I think if possible use somebody who has a heated paint booth, I think they refer to it as an oven .... I think somebody correct me if I am wrong.

A good finish will cost you thats for sure, but will be worth it, i think the thread isuru mentioned has a few other places too,

No luck finding a buyer for your car ?

The Don

2K painting is not as simple as 1K bro cos you cant cut and polish as easily and thus you need to be more careful of the spraying and enviromental factors like dust. I think if possible use somebody who has a heated paint booth, I think they refer to it as an oven .... I think somebody correct me if I am wrong.

A good finish will cost you thats for sure, but will be worth it, i think the thread isuru mentioned has a few other places too,

No luck finding a buyer for your car ?

The Don

the one i recommended has the oven paint!

bdw hefraz seems to be found no where, dunno whether we make our selves fools here :lol: /jk

the one i recommended has the oven paint!

bdw hefraz seems to be found no where, dunno whether we make our selves fools here :lol: /jk

If its a full body job then I guess you should go to Spreymech, as recommended. I think Kleenpark has a 2k oven thing as well, or so they advertise. Pls let us know the prices they quote once you do find out, cos I'm interested in a fullbody 2k coating of a similar colour.

If its a full body job then I guess you should go to Spreymech, as recommended. I think Kleenpark has a 2k oven thing as well, or so they advertise.

hey yeah "Spreymech" is the name of the place i recommended, but don't know whether itz against forum rules to type in names of places ;)

hey yeah "Spreymech" is the name of the place i recommended, but don't know whether itz against forum rules to type in names of places ;)

Isuru do you have any ideas of their prices ? For example for the type of service hefraz is using, which is probably not a complete paint job but an overspray to cover the scratches etc (after the scratches have been treated if necessary of course)

Regards,

The Don

Cheers!!

your car as it is looks great man... why do you wana paint it again ? why dont you do a touch up...

by the way and once again.. I love those rims...

Isuru do you have any ideas of their prices ? For example for the type of service hefraz is using, which is probably not a complete paint job but an overspray to cover the scratches etc (after the scratches have been treated if necessary of course)

Regards,

The Don

I think he was refering to a full paint job... as he wanted to paint it black...

Regards,

The Don

Nope I have no idea about prices, but I can give you a hint, the same job for which he requested some 20,000 odd was done by mechanic for 11,000 odd.

I can give you his number if the moderators don't give me warnnings you know ;)

Here is the good news: if your car happens to meet with an accident and you are to make claims from insurance, then it's much better to go to a reputed plc. like agents/well known ones like the one I recommended, becuase insurance companies(at least V*P with whom I am insured) do allow higher claims for reputed places as they are certain that the insuree can't make profits out of places like that. Evidently, the only flip side is you can't come to agreements like "you charge 20,000/= on paper for the 12,000 job and we share the profit"

your car as it is looks great man... why do you wana paint it again ? why dont you do a touch up...

extremely good point, I am of the understanding that when you go for a full paint some interior/exterior components have to be removed and re-installed. However much good the guys are I guess they can't match the precision of factory fitting, so usually after a full pait job you can expect a noisy car with tens of improperly fitted components making small noices in tandem! How would you like that?

i've had pretty good service from kleen park in the past...quite pricey but yes they do have a booth...the last time i spoke to them with regard to paint (almost a year ago), they estimated a LKR100,000 on the paint job for my car...that does not include any bodywork that might need attention...i gave it second thoughts lol

Isuru, the problem with insuarance is they dont pay for brand new parts for an old car, and thus if you take it to the agents and they come up with 250K for the repair, they insuarance company will deduct an ammount for the cars depriciation for the number of years it has been in existence to calculate the amount you will receive.

100K is VERY pricy, for a paint job, but then even normal mechs charge about 40K thesedays on 1K ......

And somebody i knew had a good idea to create an oven, using high power halogen bulbs inside a custom built booth, me thinks it might actually work if he got arround to doing it, cos the biggest problem with 2K is if dust or something settles on the paintwork before it hardens its very difficult to polish off not really the heat factor (though i guess humidity does play a role)

Regards,

The Don

Isuru, the problem with insuarance is they dont pay for brand new parts for an old car, and thus if you take it to the agents and they come up with 250K for the repair, they insuarance company will deduct an ammount for the cars depriciation for the number of years it has been in existence to calculate the amount you will receive.

100K is VERY pricy, for a paint job, but then even normal mechs charge about 40K thesedays on 1K ......

And somebody i knew had a good idea to create an oven, using high power halogen bulbs inside a custom built booth, me thinks it might actually work if he got arround to doing it, cos the biggest problem with 2K is if dust or something settles on the paintwork before it hardens its very difficult to polish off not really the heat factor (though i guess humidity does play a role)

Regards,

The Don

Hey Don,

1) You can still go to the agents if itz just a small paint job 4 a scratch?

2) Agents is only one of the options I listed, second being going to a reputed place that insurers regard.

Cheers!!

nice GT you have. Machan i would recomend spreymech. Its near mobitel head office. Also rohith from katana is also one of the best painters in the field.

Thanks for the many comments guys.. I was out of town yesterday.

I have already sold my Carina GT and my request to admin on removing the ad has still not been actioned.

I still recieve a minimum of 2 calls asking whether the car is for sale.

The car which I referred to as wanting a full paint job is my bro in law's car and I did the rounds to check on prices and they are..

Spreymech - 120,000

Mr Paint - 65,000 (Paint booth, and they are 2 weeks old)

A guy called Raja in dehiwela quoted me 60,000.

I will leave the decesion to my bro in law and I must check with kleen park as well.

But wont it be great if Admin could give us permission to put out a list of painters who have a good track record for the benefit of all. Afterall sharing information is the most important function of any forum.

just my thoughts

But wont it be great if Admin could give us permission to put out a list of painters who have a good track record for the benefit of all. Afterall sharing information is the most important function of any forum.

just my thoughts

admin's been pretty busy lately but i'll remind him about your ad...

AL has absolutely no problem in members listing recommended painters...they've done so already and many times in the past...however there's a thin line between recommendation and advertising B)

Thanks Sharkster for taking it upon youurself to remind admin. Appreciate it. I answered a call regarding my car an hour ago :lol:

We should start a new thread for painter recommendations and make it a sticky and the admin can help out by deleting all the nonsense comments so that the core information remains for the benefit of forumers.

Thanks Sharkster for taking it upon youurself to remind admin. Appreciate it. I answered a call regarding my car an hour ago :lol:

We should start a new thread for painter recommendations and make it a sticky and the admin can help out by deleting all the nonsense comments so that the core information remains for the benefit of forumers.

Hello Hefraz, we have removed your advert from the classified section. Next time please e-mail us and inform if you need to remove your advert. Thanks!

Thank you for removing the ad, I must admit that the Autolanka ads are a really effective tool in selling judging by the number of calls I have received to date.

I mailed a request for my ad to be removed and called because the ad still appeared. Anyway thanks again Madz, keep up the good work