• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Axela hybrid gear box oil change

DilankaW

Hi, 

What is the correct milage to go for gear box oil change in Mazda Axela? I got 2 different answers in 2 different experts in SL. Please advise?

What is the oil that is suitable for the vehicle gear box?

What is the best engine oil to use? When to change that?

Edited by DilankaW

3 hours ago, DilankaW said:

Hi, 

What is the correct milage to go for gear box oil change in Mazda Axela? I got 2 different answers in 2 different experts in SL. Please advise?

Don't you have the maintenance manual of the car? Which language if available?

• Like 1

Hi, 

I too have an Axela. The recommended oil is ATF 3324. The oil seems to be unavailable.

I did the ATF change at C******l M****s. 

The local agent says that the oil has a 'lifetime' warranty and does not need to be changed.

I understand that the 'lifetime' warranty translates to around 50,000 kms.

I'll post the cost later as I have to trace the record.

Best of luck DilankaW

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DilankaW said:

Hi, 

I changed all oils from the agent when I purchased the car,  regardless the history. Because we can never be sure of the mileage of these grey imports.

I later figured out that my mileage has been turned down by 20000kms. I am planning to stick to 40000km interval for gear oil. As I remember cost was 12k.

I am using Toyota 5w 30 as engine oil. Of course user manual recommends either 0w 20 or 5w 30 from castrol.

Edited by GK_007
  • Like 1

Hi

With regards to the engine oil, strongly recommend Castrol as said by the agents.  On previous models such as the BJ , slug buildup was there for engines which used Mobil . Best avoid fully syntactic oil completely. castrol magnatec  is a good oil and can run up to 10K without an issue but I changed in 7-8000.  stick to the ratings mus as possible as the velocity is critical.

As for the gearbox, Well I totally disagree with concept of "Lifetime" as said by one member, it means 50,000K . Having said that u need to ensure that you have the correct brand and oil type specified by manufacture. I had to suffer from a case where the previous owner  not using the Mazda MV  oil. Did a lot of research and found out that the MV or M5 oil velocity is different form other oils who claim it is compatible.    Hence don't risk and try to get the correct oil.

Also note the interval would be best changed at least 30-40000 Km simply due to the heat condition we have here along with the lovely traffic . 

PS not trying to promote the brand but just the simple fact that type of oils do have it;s own characteristics . Please delete if not allowed

Edited by mazdaspeed
  • Like 1