• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Vezel 2014 Good ?

YasithM

Question

Hi There,
Recently I'm doing research to buy a car around 4M. And I have seen Honda Vezel 2014/2015 around that amount. Also I have heard that It has some technical issues with dual clutch. And again I have heard that it's not a manufacturing fault. It's a maintenance fault. (I have no idea about this. This is just what I heard)
So, My 1st question would be, Is the above story true ?
2. Is itthe only issue that vezel has ?
3. Is it a good  idea to go for a vezel ?
4. If the vehicle has this dual clutch issue, Is there any test/signs or something to identify the issue ?
5. I would like to know about Hybrid battery life of this vehicle and how much will it cost to replace the battery ?

Can you guys help me with these questions ? 
Thanks.

2 answers to this question

7 hours ago, YasithM said:

Hi There,
Recently I'm doing research to buy a car around 4M. And I have seen Honda Vezel 2014/2015 around that amount. Also I have heard that It has some technical issues with dual clutch. And again I have heard that it's not a manufacturing fault. It's a maintenance fault. (I have no idea about this. This is just what I heard)
So, My 1st question would be, Is the above story true ?
2. Is itthe only issue that vezel has ?
3. Is it a good  idea to go for a vezel ?
4. If the vehicle has this dual clutch issue, Is there any test/signs or something to identify the issue ?
5. I would like to know about Hybrid battery life of this vehicle and how much will it cost to replace the battery ?

Can you guys help me with these questions ? 
Thanks.

Answers as I know are listed below, in the order asked (It feels like I'm back at school again and passing chits with MCQ answers...!! ) 

1. = Yes. Above story is true.

2. Yes, you've covered the main ones. (Every car has the potential to have further issues depending on how it was maintained and used though so...)

3. Its highly subjective, but I believe at the right price: Yes. Its not for everyone though. And most members here will tell u not to bother. But there's a car for everyone and now that its out of favour, you might be able to bargain it down pretty hard...

4. Yes and No. Yes there is a manufacturing fault, plus it probably wears out faster than other transmissions due to Sri Lankan traffic and weather conditions  (due to overheating mainly caused by creeping in traffic, made worse by the weather). I would get it inspected by a trusted mechanic before committing as transmissions are tricky business...If you want to read about the manufacturing issue and the warning signs here give it a read, (but that's just part of it; excessive wear due to local conditions etc isn't covered there). I wouldn't trust myself to inspect it on my own, and by the sounds of it, neither should you...Safest approach is to pay for an inspection (at the agents or at a well qualified place). Plus just because it's working okay when its inspected that doesn't mean it will be fine throughout the period of ownership. If you sit around in traffic alot, then clearly t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶v̶e̶s̶i̶, the Vezel DCT is potentially not going to workout for you...

5. I would just get the battery repaired if it comes to that, and from what I know its pretty cost-effective to do so. When buying, I would factor the cost of doing that (potentially getting the battery repaired for 30k to 60k) into my purchase price anyway, so no big deal.

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kavvz said:

Answers as I know are listed below, in the order asked (It feels like I'm back at school again and passing chits with MCQ answers...!! ) 

1. = Yes. Above story is true.

2. Yes, you've covered the main ones. (Every car has the potential to have further issues depending on how it was maintained and used though so...)

3. Its highly subjective, but I believe at the right price: Yes. Its not for everyone though. And most members here will tell u not to bother. But there's a car for everyone and now that its out of favour, you might be able to bargain it down pretty hard...

4. Yes and No. Yes there is a manufacturing fault, plus it probably wears out faster than other transmissions due to Sri Lankan traffic and weather conditions  (due to overheating mainly caused by creeping in traffic, made worse by the weather). I would get it inspected by a trusted mechanic before committing as transmissions are tricky business...If you want to read about the manufacturing issue and the warning signs here give it a read, (but that's just part of it; excessive wear due to local conditions etc isn't covered there). I wouldn't trust myself to inspect it on my own, and by the sounds of it, neither should you...Safest approach is to pay for an inspection (at the agents or at a well qualified place). Plus just because it's working okay when its inspected that doesn't mean it will be fine throughout the period of ownership. If you sit around in traffic alot, then clearly t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶v̶e̶s̶i̶, the Vezel DCT is potentially not going to workout for you...

5. I would just get the battery repaired if it comes to that, and from what I know its pretty cost-effective to do so. When buying, I would factor the cost of doing that (potentially getting the battery repaired for 30k to 60k) into my purchase price anyway, so no big deal.

To add, most owners bought them an ran them down with poor maintenance and cheap repairs, 

Expect locally repaired clutches, faux battery mods, and mostly rotated mileages, 

Unless you find a solid car with solid history, and willing to take a risk with further depreciation

I would not advise you to go for a 2014 Vezel, there is a tendency for it to become a money pit of repairs and go into further depreciation. There Is no scenario where it can come up good for you unless you buy the car about 1 mil less than the market price,.leaving u margins for a new battery and a new dual clutch setup plus a few bucks more for ancillaries 

Edited by tiv
  • Like 1