• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel near end indicator lamp issue

dayanpad

Hi All

I have Toyota Corolla EE90 Car Production year is  1989

Very recently Fuel emergency indicator does not light up even Fuel limit go down  but Fuel Needle is working properly

Please advice the reason to fuel weaning lamp does not light up  

Is there any relation ship with Fuel gauge unit which is fixed on Fuel tank with Fuel end lamp 

Please advice

Thanks in advanced 

Edited by dayanpad

It could be as simple as the bulb of the fuel warning indicator being faulty/burnt out since its an older car. But to repair this you need to take apart your dash, remove the meter cluster carefully and then swap out the bulbs or test out the issue.

It could also be a fault with the wiring harness which may be throwing off the signal wire from the fuel level indicator. 

In the case of a faulty low fuel level sensor it should be a pretty straight forward swap. 

Id recommend taking it to a good mechanic and testing it out before swapping out stuff. 

Old school Toyotas are notorious for getting the dash circuitry and bulbs burnt out. So it could be that the bulb is burnt out like @HaeylM mentioned or it could be that the printed circuitry is burnt. Any reputable car electrician should be able to fix it (do not go to a maka baas).

As for removing the meter panel....its a little bit easier than most modern cars. Sadly in the E90 its a bit messy because the front fascia/bezel is one big fidgety unit that needs to be popped out. I might be mistaken on this..but I do remember a large lower bezel piece that needed to be popped-out....changed the stock meter panel with that of a Corolla FX 5 dial cluster.  . Be careful when you remove these plastics. Because of the age they can easily snap and break, especially the retaining prongs. 

I just open the back seat and found the sensor unit 

It has only just three wire 

See the image attached

In between two wires should be GND and 12v other wire should be floater output. Hence I believe that sensor unit is working 

Please advice 

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-21 at 13.29.22.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-21 at 13.29.14.jpeg

The following image is not actual image of my car but but it should be same as my one . So my question is what is the operation of pointed out item by the red cycle . Can I able measure some value using digital multi meter.  

HTB1o.QsKpXXXXbcXpXXq6xXFXXXb.jpg

Edited by dayanpad

18 minutes ago, dayanpad said:

The following image is not actual image of my car but but it should be same as my one . So my question is what is the operation of pointed out item by the red cycle 

HTB1o.QsKpXXXXbcXpXXq6xXFXXXb.jpg

That is your low fuel warning sensor circled in red. It will sense when you are nearing an empty tank and glow your dash board low fuel light. 

• Like 1