• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lexus Lf-a

Ministry

Lexus LF-A  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Lexus to do da new Supra?

• Yes
    • No

personally i don’t like space rockets machan :P … and i really don’t understand what’s wrong with all these new car designers :) ….. all of them are full of shit….. B)

ministry where did you get these pictures from?they're two totally different vehicles...the top is the LF-A and the bottom ones are of something else...

true....both are lexus but not the same vehicle

ministry where did you get these pictures from?they're two totally different vehicles...the top is the LF-A and the bottom ones are of something else...

The 2nd set of interior pics looks like the interior of Lexus Space Ship.

no dudes dats one of the interior designs made by the Lexus third party designers from freaking europe for the LF-A which eventually failed... Dont know why these days they are hiring europeons to do da japanese cars interior uhhhhhh

I just posted those photos to make fun haha

The second set of course sucks, goes without saying :D But I like the first set of pics except for some aspects of the rear, like the exhaust section. And people's opinions tend to change when a car actually comes out into production, because there will be changes to the styling anyway. The Evo X as an example, hardly anyone liked the first concept pics, but the same people liked it when the design was officially adopted, with just slight changes :D

• 3 years later...

Lexus LFA supercar

The 202mph Lexus LFA supercar is finally revealed in production spec

By Stephen Dobie 21st October 2009

car_photo_339229_25.jpg

The Lexus LFA is finally here. It’s a car with a rather long development phase – nine years – with oodles of test mules spied and some racegoing LFA’s competing in recent Nürburgring 24 hour races to help fine-tune the road car.

car_photo_339226_25.jpg

Perhaps the inflated development period is one of the reasons for the equally large price – around £336,000 at current exchange rates. That puts it in the same ballpark at recent supercars such as the Porsche Carrera GT and McLaren Mercedes SLR, and well over £100K more than a handling pack-equipped Ferrari 599 GTB. So what does it do to justify such a stocky outlay?

car_photo_338920_25.jpg

Well, the performance is fairly impressive – 0-62mph in 3.7sec and a 202mph top speed – but both figures are bettered by some of the market’s much cheaper supercars.

car_photo_338917_25.jpg

The car’s construction is where the money seems to go. There’s a bespoke, high revving normally aspirated 4.8-litre V10 (with 552bhp and 354lb ft), which comes mated to a six-speed sequential auto. The LFA is rear-wheel drive, and boasts a near perfect 48/52 front/rear weight distribution, thanks to the engine being front-mid mounted and the transmission being at the rear.

car_photo_338893_25.jpg

Key to the LFA’s dynamics is its lightweight construction, with the chassis and bodywork consisting of CFRP – carbonfibre reinforced plastic. It offers four times the strength of aluminium while weighing in at around 100kg less on an LFA-sized chunk. As a result the car is 1480kg, leading to a potent 379bhp/ton power-to-weight ratio, more than the Ferrari 599. The engine’s 115bhp/litre specific output is also ten per cent better than the Prancing Horse’s.

car_photo_338914_25.jpg

Dynamically, the car has had extensive development at the Nordschleife, with wishbones for the front suspension and a multilink design at the rear. Both feature extensive use of aluminium to save further weight, something also achieved by the stonking carbon ceramic brakes.

Customers can choose to delete options such as the stereo to make things even lighter, but with the LFA straddling supercar and GT genres, it’s hard to see many people obliging.

LFA production will be strictly limited to 500 cars, with a maximum of 20 cars made per month and each V10 engine being put together by a single engineer – bespoke touches that go some way to justify the price tag.

We’ve driven the Lexus LFA, and you can read our views in Issue 138 of evo, on sale November 11 2009.

Source : http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/243826/l...be071e40617aa96

Psh. They'll never get anywhere with that. Not while there's a new comparatively cheap Datsun Playstation Edition smoking 911 turbos and ZR-1s left, right and center.

P.S. Couldn't help aping JC with the Datsun comment :D

Edited by terrabytetango

Psh. They'll never get anywhere with that. Not while there's a new comparatively cheap Datsun Playstation Edition smoking 911 turbos and ZR-1s left, right and center.

P.S. Couldn't help aping JC with the Datsun comment :D

:lol: very true!

& its not like the glorified Toyota has a spec sheet back it - i mean its the wrong set of numbers that are making peoples eyes pop! :D

in its new V-Spec guise with all possible bells n whistles the Datsun will still be nearly 250,000 pounds cheaper! :o

& its not like the glorified Toyota has a spec sheet back it - i mean its the wrong set of numbers that are making peoples eyes pop! :D

in its new V-Spec guise with all possible bells n whistles the Datsun will still be nearly 250,000 pounds cheaper! :o

Then again its a limited production car. Only 500 will be made.

Just wondering what their Marketing strategy would be given the fact as the Ferrari costs less. Maybe they will go after the McLaren Mercedez forgetting their roots of the SUPRA. If I had the money I will settle for the Datsun so will most.

Not in numbers perhaps, but the cost is mainly because of the quality of material used from what I gather... Most of it is carbonfibre for one thing. This seems to be more like a toyota statement that they CAN make something awesome and no holes barred...

oh and heres a first drive..

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/26/2011-le...fa-first-drive/

Not in numbers perhaps, but the cost is mainly because of the quality of material used from what I gather... Most of it is carbonfibre for one thing. This seems to be more like a toyota statement that they CAN make something awesome and no holes barred...

oh and heres a first drive..

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/26/2011-le...fa-first-drive/

Toyota wanting to prove their elite engineering prowess with a road car seems a little moot to me. Considering how well their F1 car has done in this year, it's pretty obvious they can indeed design very fast podium placing cars. I'm still optimistic that they might redesign this car into a simpler format and release it as a Supra.

Toyota wanting to prove their elite engineering prowess with a road car seems a little moot to me. Considering how well their F1 car has done in this year, it's pretty obvious they can indeed design very fast podium placing cars. I'm still optimistic that they might redesign this car into a simpler format and release it as a Supra.

Thats what scuttlebutt says... This is more like a trial of tech which will filter down to other cars in the range including something that will be a spiritual descendant of the Supra. I for one will keep my fingers crossed.

if its carbon fire u want go buy something a little nicer like a Zonda or something :P they offer a full CF body afaik

Agreed, and the Zonda is a proper driver's car, without all the electronic "idiot proofing", and powered by an engine already in production. Of course I'm not claiming I can drive either to save my life, I scared myself driving a certain white WRX with a CF hood two years ago.

Agreed, and the Zonda is a proper driver's car, without all the electronic "idiot proofing", and powered by an engine already in production. Of course I'm not claiming I can drive either to save my life, I scared myself driving a certain white WRX with a CF hood two years ago.

:lol:

and that was just an All Wheel Drive sedan with 240bhp :D

OT , but that car has since made it in to the hands of a restorer of sorts i hear - looking nice with a new wing at the back... i'm thinking i wouldn't mind a swap with that, despite the mileage and being a little untidy for some parts of its life :mellow: