• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

is there any lexus is series cars in SL

windrider320

45 minutes ago, windrider320 said:

hi guys .. just wondering is there any lexus IS cars in SL.. guess they are not that popular .. ive seen some larger LS models but no IS s

There quite a few first gen ones (XE10 which is the same as the Altezza). As for the second generation: there is a XE20 series IS F (the actual original IS F with the 5L engine). Apart from that I have seen two sedans and a coupe of the same series. I don't know if there are any 3rd gen cars though.

The issue is the taxes. For he same amount of money or even less you can get larger cars. With the 2nd generation the engine choices were 2500cc++, i.e. the same engines from the Mark X and Crown. The IS was far more expensive than the Mark X and around the same price as a Crown (which was a larger car). With the 3rd gen, yes a 2L turbo variant was introduced but considering the taxes you can get larger and equally fun (or even more) cars. Even the Hybrid variants are the same.

1 hour ago, iRage said:

There quite a few first gen ones (XE10 which is the same as the Altezza). As for the second generation: there is a XE20 series IS F (the actual original IS F with the 5L engine). Apart from that I have seen two sedans and a coupe of the same series. I don't know if there are any 3rd gen cars though.

The issue is the taxes. For he same amount of money or even less you can get larger cars. With the 2nd generation the engine choices were 2500cc++, i.e. the same engines from the Mark X and Crown. The IS was far more expensive than the Mark X and around the same price as a Crown (which was a larger car). With the 3rd gen, yes a 2L turbo variant was introduced but considering the taxes you can get larger and equally fun (or even more) cars. Even the Hybrid variants are the same.

wow i didnt that a actual isf is in the country ..probably the only one in the country..im sure thatll give a run for its money with the other sports cars in sl..i get ur point being expensive and you could get a much larger car for less..its a shame cuz its mighty fine machine and the perfect sleeper car...

Indeed I am a big fan of the Lexus IS. As a matter of fact I was looking for a IS 250 2nd gen a few years ago and came across a minter black one for sale. At the time they were asking over 8 mil and so I walked away. The IS F has changed hands atleast once. I saw it advertised for sale and have seen it in the roads with a new owner. Wonder how much it went for. There is a lovely gun metal lexus IS 300h which I see daily belonging to the owner of a big bathroom and tile showroom in nawala. Looks the part and imo stands out amongst all then Euros running around. 

Edited by RWD

3 hours ago, RWD said:

Indeed I am a big fan of the Lexus IS. As a matter of fact I was looking for a IS 250 2nd gen a few years ago and came across a minter black one for sale. At the time they were asking over 8 mil and so I walked away. The IS F has changed hands atleast once. I saw it advertised for sale and have seen it in the roads with a new owner. Wonder how much it went for. There is a lovely gun metal lexus IS 300h which I see daily belonging to the owner of a big bathroom and tile showroom in nawala. Looks the part and imo stands out amongst all then Euros running around. 

ive got a 2015 is350 F sport , and i must say its been an absolute pleasure to drive , the performance and handling is top notch .ive had some Germans before but  for me this one takes the cake  .

lexus.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, windrider320 said:

ive got a 2015 is350 F sport , and i must say its been an absolute pleasure to drive , the performance and handling is top notch .ive had some Germans before but  for me this one takes the cake  .

lexus.jpg

I know some people don't think much of that Spindle grille but goodness me that is one seriously good looking ride. Looks like you keep her in top shape. 

On 9/12/2020 at 2:45 PM, windrider320 said:

So I suppose that has a 2GR-FSE ? The FKE came later on.

In Japan you get the IS350, 300h and 300 (formerly nown as 200t). Sadly only the 300h and 300 are the most popular ones...hardly see a 350 and Lexus does not even try to sell them to you (instead try to upsell to a higher model).

Yeah the 2GR-FSE is quite peppy..same engine that used to be in the Crown and Mark X :). The 300h is quick but you do feel a bit of laziness in the body with the battery weight. The 300/200t is quite light to the hand and handling..but can use more power (it has enough..but can use more).

I also think the IS has a decent overall feel to it and a lot better than the previous model....but I do feel the 3 series gives a bit more feed back in everything it does. The IS...feels a bit restrained and at times a bit synthesized. It is a decent car. 

You know...if you had that car for more than 3 years....you can talk to customs and ministry of finance about bringing that over (assuming you are moving back permanently). The old permit is not available but they do look in to individual cases. You will have to pay a LOT of duty as you will be taxed per cc.

Never mind...just realized it was LHD

Edited by iRage

7 hours ago, RWD said:

I know some people don't think much of that Spindle grille but goodness me that is one seriously good looking ride. Looks like you keep her in top shape. 

thanks alot mate , shes my baby so i try to maintain her the best i can.. wash n wax my self ( make an evening of it with some beers without giving excuses to the wife  lol ) and maintenance only at authorised agents. so shes a happy car i guess..