• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Premio 2013 to Montero 2013

Kanishka12345

Dear Friends,

I have been using My Premio 2013 since 2 years and its a superb car where no complaints to be made at all...

Anyhow, with the time, i am having a desire of Upgrading it to a Montero 2013-Petrol/Diesel to attain my 1st jeep experience in my life.

Hence from my beloved jeep experts out there appreciate if you can give me a real purchasing decision of this jeep as my max budget is 12M.

Should be Black color and preferably with low mileage and C** Numbers, Petrol/Diesel doesn't matter as i do basically city travel.(Just office to home-25 km a day).

Thought of Prado 2010 model too but its too bulky and too large for me to handle as this is for just me , wife and my son.

1.Is worth buying a Montero 2013 - Black color preferably to that price?Is White more market?(Petrol or Diesel doesn't matter)

2.I do normally city travel during traffic so petrol is fine and how is the real petrol consumption?

3.Spare parts/services expensive?

4.Second hand markets fluctuates ?as i have a desire of using at least another 3-5 years?I know its not like Premio market but will it be there a significant depreciation?

5.Can we expect significant repairs only specific to this model?As i was been a TOYOTA FAN and impressed alot about its reliability with zero maintenance as this is the first time im trying a Mitsubishi.

Expecting all the JEEP Expert's fruitful feedback...

Thanks in advance Guys☺️

3 hours ago, Kanishka12345 said:

Dear Friends,

I have been using My Premio 2013 since 2 years and its a superb car where no complaints to be made at all...

Anyhow, with the time, i am having a desire of Upgrading it to a Montero 2013-Petrol/Diesel to attain my 1st jeep experience in my life.

Hence from my beloved jeep experts out there appreciate if you can give me a real purchasing decision of this jeep as my max budget is 12M.

Should be Black color and preferably with low mileage and C** Numbers, Petrol/Diesel doesn't matter as i do basically city travel.(Just office to home-25 km a day).

Thought of Prado 2010 model too but its too bulky and too large for me to handle as this is for just me , wife and my son.

1.Is worth buying a Montero 2013 - Black color preferably to that price?Is White more market?(Petrol or Diesel doesn't matter)

2.I do normally city travel during traffic so petrol is fine and how is the real petrol consumption?

3.Spare parts/services expensive?

4.Second hand markets fluctuates ?as i have a desire of using at least another 3-5 years?I know its not like Premio market but will it be there a significant depreciation?

5.Can we expect significant repairs only specific to this model?As i was been a TOYOTA FAN and impressed alot about its reliability with zero maintenance as this is the first time im trying a Mitsubishi.

Expecting all the JEEP Expert's fruitful feedback...

Thanks in advance Guys☺️

1.It's your choice... for me colour is the last thing I m worried.. don't buy a car to the next owner 

2. Petrol 2013 are extremely rare.... diesel V98... from kirulapana to town hall 4km/l at 7 -8 am traffic.. if driven around 6.30 -7am... 6-8 km/l

Long distance 10-12km /l.... best figure so far 15...

I do accelerate often....

3. Yes.... obviously....  so find a one with genuine mileage... preferably serviced by agents or by a reputed place...

4. For any car... it's the tax... not the value of the car.... in japan a 2018 prado TX is around jpy 3 million... but here... it's unlikely the prices go down significantly with the current economic crisis. And there's nothing called premio market.... if they reduce the customs duty... that's it.

5. No... at least for me.... for the last 8 year I m with monteros/pajeros....

• Like 1

The Pajero/Montero has a few niggles with its Super Select 4WD system (the solenoids are placed under the car and gets clogged up and 4wd lights start flashing..and sometimes the vacuum lines get damaged and the system goes bonkers. But those are easily fixed).

Now...the reality part....

1. You cannot expect Premio like softness from any of the SUVs...unless you go or a Range Rover or something...you will find the SUVs harder from the seats to the ride. 

2. If you go for the agent imported ones...they are pretty basic compared to the JDM variant Super Exceeds and Exceeds. COmparatively, the JDM Prado will also have a bit of more refined finish and features compared to the GL and GLX.

3. As you can see above you will not get fuel economies anywhere close to the Premio. So if that is a concern, stay away from SUVs, especially petrols. No matter what the brand is. 

3. Bulk of the depreciation has been absorbed by the previous owners...so whist older cars do depreciate..it will be at a lower rate. A large capacity Petrol SUV sadly will not have the same demand for as a smaller sedan but that does not mean it cannot be sold.

5. Mitsubishis have a bit more feeling when you drive them than the common Toyotas. However, you will feel Mitsubishis to be flimsy and plasticy compared to Toyotas. The Toyota is kind of like the jack of all trades that do everything marginally well. With the Mitsubishi. there will be one are two things that are nice about it and does pretty well that owners will easily forget all the other things it sucks in.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, priyanka said:

1.It's your choice... for me colour is the last thing I m worried.. don't buy a car to the next owner 

2. Petrol 2013 are extremely rare.... diesel V98... from kirulapana to town hall 4km/l at 7 -8 am traffic.. if driven around 6.30 -7am... 6-8 km/l

Long distance 10-12km /l.... best figure so far 15...

I do accelerate often....

3. Yes.... obviously....  so find a one with genuine mileage... preferably serviced by agents or by a reputed place...

4. For any car... it's the tax... not the value of the car.... in japan a 2018 prado TX is around jpy 3 million... but here... it's unlikely the prices go down significantly with the current economic crisis. And there's nothing called premio market.... if they reduce the customs duty... that's it.

5. No... at least for me.... for the last 8 year I m with monteros/pajeros....

Thank you very much for yours detailed feedback brother..

18 hours ago, iRage said:

The Pajero/Montero has a few niggles with its Super Select 4WD system (the solenoids are placed under the car and gets clogged up and 4wd lights start flashing..and sometimes the vacuum lines get damaged and the system goes bonkers. But those are easily fixed).

Now...the reality part....

1. You cannot expect Premio like softness from any of the SUVs...unless you go or a Range Rover or something...you will find the SUVs harder from the seats to the ride. 

2. If you go for the agent imported ones...they are pretty basic compared to the JDM variant Super Exceeds and Exceeds. COmparatively, the JDM Prado will also have a bit of more refined finish and features compared to the GL and GLX.

3. As you can see above you will not get fuel economies anywhere close to the Premio. So if that is a concern, stay away from SUVs, especially petrols. No matter what the brand is. 

3. Bulk of the depreciation has been absorbed by the previous owners...so whist older cars do depreciate..it will be at a lower rate. A large capacity Petrol SUV sadly will not have the same demand for as a smaller sedan but that does not mean it cannot be sold.

5. Mitsubishis have a bit more feeling when you drive them than the common Toyotas. However, you will feel Mitsubishis to be flimsy and plasticy compared to Toyotas. The Toyota is kind of like the jack of all trades that do everything marginally well. With the Mitsubishi. there will be one are two things that are nice about it and does pretty well that owners will easily forget all the other things it sucks in.

Thank you very much for yours fruitful feedback brother..