• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

cars ARE meant to be driven after all :D....

mcCallum road has always scared me just a bit because people tend to jump across it at unexpected times..... but that bend is really nice, remember taking it at just under 60 Mph once in the 406 (in the dead of night mind you).... to be honest, i thought i had overcooked it there, but no drama at all... just sailed through...

Well your probably right but my Giulia Drive was at like 6.30am and the other drives are usually on a Sunday morning, so not much traffic.

Oh the 406 is a great car for that bend! I actually did a few bursts on that road in an Evo 6. But really can't recall the speeds I hit. I tend not to look at the speedo when speeding ;) !

142 MPH ( Yesterday actually ) - Mazda RX8

Crusing in 5th gear at 7400 rpms...could have pushed it to maybe 6th and im guessing somewhere in the region of 155 Mph but was vary of cops...left a STi like it was standing still...lol... and yes before u guys ask me the RX8 has some work put into it.... Greddy SP2 dual-straighthroughs, Apexi SAFC II, K&N intake, remapped MazdaSpeed ECU, and a few things (Gemba's :D ) here and there... running 292 bhp on dyno compared to the 238 Bhp standard... lol...stock STi's and Evo's are no match due to the power-to-weight ratio...will post pics and videos soon!

Crusing in 5th gear at 7400 rpms...could have pushed it to maybe 6th and im guessing somewhere in the region of 155 Mph but was vary of cops...left a STi like it was standing still...lol... and yes before u guys ask me the RX8 has some work put into it.... Greddy SP2 dual-straighthroughs, Apexi SAFC II, K&N intake, remapped MazdaSpeed ECU, and a few things (Gemba's :D ) here and there... running 292 bhp on dyno compared to the 238 Bhp standard... lol...stock STi's and Evo's are no match due to the power-to-weight ratio...will post pics and videos soon!

Wow that sounds Awesome! :blink: please do post Pics/Vids when you can.... would love to see the beast..

Since the thread is back I'll just drop in mine from recent adventures,

Passenger Land Rover Defender 90 300Tdi - 120kmph + on fourth on the way to Tissa, probably more on the way back hanging onto A. Prem*d*s*'s back, was copped in the night for 85kmph when we were slowing down.

Passenger Range Rover Classic 300Tdi - 140kmph+ on third gear on the way back to hotel after off road races in Thissa.

not missing that V8 much then ;)

Not at all, I think this is much better than the V8 and maybe a bit faster, was complaining on the way back that he couldnt get onto 4th gear. Its pretty well tuned I tell you. Was faster the time we dragged the race prepared Defender 90 on a small stretch, mind you this Defender won the Jeep & truck open and diesel event at Thissa races.

Phew that is fast. Which road?

Lucky you. The RX looks great. But isn't that road policed?

I Guess when ur young and stupid you tend to take more chances than u shud... yup route 80 is policed but been doing runs on it for some time so i know the areas they tend to be in...i also hit up route 17 and route 4 close to where i am on sunday evenings...so far ive been mad lucky!!

I Guess when ur young and stupid you tend to take more chances than u shud... yup route 80 is policed but been doing runs on it for some time so i know the areas they tend to be in...i also hit up route 17 and route 4 close to where i am on sunday evenings...so far ive been mad lucky!!

Heh heh great to know that you're able to do that!

No mate in sunny SL ;). Did not realize that you can drive at those speeds in the US.

well like i said u gotta take a chance... i mean ive had friends get copped doing 45mph in a 25mph zone more often than high speed offences... i did get copped once and that was a day after i got the car..i was doing 84mph in a 55 zone but the cop let me off cos i had a public safety officer with me (a friend who i was showin the car to) and he knew the cop...wow..i was shitting bricks at that point... would have had 3 points off my license, automatic suspension and a $1000 in fines!!! :D

well like i said u gotta take a chance... i mean ive had friends get copped doing 45mph in a 25mph zone more often than high speed offences... i did get copped once and that was a day after i got the car..i was doing 84mph in a 55 zone but the cop let me off cos i had a public safety officer with me (a friend who i was showin the car to) and he knew the cop...wow..i was shitting bricks at that point... would have had 3 points off my license, automatic suspension and a $1000 in fines!!! :D

Very true. On Sunday I got caught returning from Unawatuna doing 79km/h in a 56 zone :( . So strange since when I was on my way there on Saturday I did many kms over the 3 figure mark and there was not a cop in sight.

How long did were you able to drive at those speeds? Here we are able to hit high speeds only for a few seconds however powerful the car you drive! Very frustrating! <_<

Very true. On Sunday I got caught returning from Unawatuna doing 79km/h in a 56 zone :( . So strange since when I was on my way there on Saturday I did many kms over the 3 figure mark and there was not a cop in sight.

How long did were you able to drive at those speeds? Here we are able to hit high speeds only for a few seconds however powerful the car you drive! Very frustrating! <_<

Yeah it was for a few seconds only hence not being able to shift into 6th... but im planning on doing that this coming weekend..and hopefully two fellow autolankans 'madmax' and 'vshiznet' will be with me...should be fun...lol..ya i know bout SL dude...was taking the GTR for a run in malabe this january and managed to hit 195 kmph for a few seconds...alas those few seconds were all it took for a cop to catch me..hehehe...the disbelief on his face at reading the meter made it all worth while...plus it was nothing a few sl notes couldnt sort out... :P

Not at all, I think this is much better than the V8 and maybe a bit faster, was complaining on the way back that he couldnt get onto 4th gear. Its pretty well tuned I tell you. Was faster the time we dragged the race prepared Defender 90 on a small stretch, mind you this Defender won the Jeep & truck open and diesel event at Thissa races.

sheran's tdi? that thing's mental!!

Yeah it was for a few seconds only hence not being able to shift into 6th... but im planning on doing that this coming weekend..and hopefully two fellow autolankans 'madmax' and 'vshiznet' will be with me...should be fun...lol..ya i know bout SL dude...was taking the GTR for a run in malabe this january and managed to hit 195 kmph for a few seconds...alas those few seconds were all it took for a cop to catch me..hehehe...the disbelief on his face at reading the meter made it all worth while...plus it was nothing a few sl notes couldnt sort out... :P

Now I'm REALLY gonna hate those two. Remember to stay clear of any cultivations with those two in the car :D

top speeds I'v done are-:

BMW 330d M - 175 - Negombo road

Renault Laguna - 160 - Baseline road

Jaguar X-type - 192 - Hambantota

07' Honda Civic Type-S - 160 can't remember the name of the road, on the way to Ratmalana from Kiribathgoda , its an awesome road

Mazda 3 - 140 - Negombo road

hey andrew nice to see you active in the forum again!! nice ride bro! I totally get what ur saying, i hit 140mph in motorways on a regular basis but got 3 points for doing 42mph in a 30mph zone. sucks big time. doing 140mph would have banned me from driving for good! btw word has it that even a few notes can't make the cops turn a blind eye when you driving under the influence, say whats the legal limit in SL anyway?? not condoning...