• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

well like i said u gotta take a chance... i mean ive had friends get copped doing 45mph in a 25mph zone more often than high speed offences... i did get copped once and that was a day after i got the car..i was doing 84mph in a 55 zone but the cop let me off cos i had a public safety officer with me (a friend who i was showin the car to) and he knew the cop...wow..i was shitting bricks at that point... would have had 3 points off my license, automatic suspension and a $1000 in fines!!! :D

....and you insist on living in US??...... mate, in this paradise, the fine is 1/100th of that, you don't loose any points... and you don't need to know the cops..... of course you'll have to cheerfully tell the cop that you understand the money handed over to him will be duly paid to the govt..and he's doing this purely as a favour to help save precious time for you... :rolleyes:

....and you insist on living in US??...... mate, in this paradise, the fine is 1/100th of that, you don't loose any points... and you don't need to know the cops..... of course you'll have to cheerfully tell the cop that you understand the money handed over to him will be duly paid to the govt..and he's doing this purely as a favour to help save precious time for you... :rolleyes:

Dude i dont live in the U.S im studying here...i live in colombo and im there whenever i have holidays...and trust me i have had enough experiences with our local cops from cinnamon gardens to freaking Hikkaduwa from 57 kph offences to a 200 kph ticket that pretty much had the cop stunned... LoL...but i must say the most im stopped for is the freaking exhaust on my STi..the cops are attracted to it in the same way that a fat kid loves cake! Luckily the quietest car i have is the GTR but even then i get stopped foe no reason at all...but at the end of the day like i said before our super sri lankan currency helps me out all the time... :D

And on another note i did manage to crack the 150 mph (241 kph) in my RX8 this saturday...madmax and vshiznet were not contactable so preveen they missed out...vids will be uploaded soon! Laters

Got copped on Saturday morning on the way to Hikka... freaking 73km's- 3kms above the speed limit! But it was the first time I've been copped by a couple of WPC's hiding behind some Banana trees at about 10.30AM- even more amusing was that the two of them had mascara on :) they were very polite and pointed me in the direction of a post office about 500m's ahead. Hell thats the fasted I've recovered by license. ( 5mins tops) On the same trip I managed get mid 160's in the 20V

Got copped on Saturday morning on the way to Hikka... freaking 73km's- 3kms above the speed limit! But it was the first time I've been copped by a couple of WPC's hiding behind some Banana trees at about 10.30AM- even more amusing was that the two of them had mascara on :) they were very polite and pointed me in the direction of a post office about 500m's ahead. Hell thats the fasted I've recovered by license. ( 5mins tops) On the same trip I managed get mid 160's in the 20V

Lol, I suppose even WPCs have to attempt to look presentable nowadays (did they btw? :) ) and do you mind sharing where you managed to get the mid 160's?

Anybody know who has record fasted timing at Katu track????? :angry-smiley-024:

Interesting to know what the top speed record is. At our club track day most guys in 2.0 cars said they hit 160. But frankly I just could not take my eyes off the track to check the speed. Whenever I looked below it was at the tacho to change gear.

Interesting to know what the top speed record is. At our club track day most guys in 2.0 cars said they hit 160. But frankly I just could not take my eyes off the track to check the speed. Whenever I looked below it was at the tacho to change gear.

240's in the supercars?? My old civic did a nervous 175 or so once upon time..

240's in the supercars?? My old civic did a nervous 175 or so once upon time..

Mivec can clarify. I think I remember him saying 260 on the straight. Tho I might not remember that right. I was too depressed after he said he reaches better than my top speed by the time he hits the bend at CBK. Thats half way thru the stretch. It takes the whole thing for me to hit that.

but i must say the most im stopped for is the freaking exhaust on my STi..the cops are attracted to it in the same way that a fat kid loves cake!

Same here, they stop me everywhere at Night times, Lucky for me i always manage to escape telling some shit , lol, And another thing is cars with Shock sensors hate when i pass them :action-smiley-060:

Edited by GihanFX

Damn really? Man they said 70 :( I had no idea what it was. sheesh just 1km then.. at least I dont have dont have to drive back there

incidentally there was a feature in the Press a few months back about the WPCs on speedgun duty :)

Speedlimts = 56 kmph in built up areas

72 kmph outside of city limits

The inner feminist in 'em must be having a field-day with the possibly countless drivers who wind up having to beg n plead with them! :lol:

....anyone venture a Joey Tribiani style "How you doin' " @a WPC in a bid ot make nice? :lol:

ROTFL

incidentally there was a feature in the Press a few months back about the WPCs on speedgun duty :)

Speedlimts = 56 kmph in built up areas

72 kmph outside of city limits

The inner feminist in 'em must be having a field-day with the possibly countless drivers who wind up having to beg n plead with them! :lol:

....anyone venture a Joey Tribiani style "How you doin' " @a WPC in a bid ot make nice? :lol:

ROTFL

lol lets try and translate that to Sinhala... :)