• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

That's just a rough conversion. Mach number is the ratio between your true airspeed (TAS) and the local speed of sound (LSS). LSS depends on the OAT. To be exact it is 38.94 x sq.rt of (a) "a" being the temperature in Kelvin (k).

OAT (-50) is 223k.

So at OAT (-50) your LSS is 581 kts. So if your TAS is 458 kts then 458/581 = 0.788 aprox 0.79

Mini ought to back me up on this!

Edited by STi B4

Dodge SRT-4

.50 Trim with 398 whp (re-tune with meth & cutout)

MPH - 171 at 6200 rpm (5th Gear)

Topped out.... 1/4 mile : 11.2 with trap at 124 mph

N2MB racing sponsored and aiming for a 430 whp... :D

Cheers!!

:o bring that monster down to SL mate! :D

Top Speed: 220kmph

Machine: Subaru Impreza

Mods: none

Road: merine Drive

What prevented you from going further: safety,

mate down parliment at about 2.30 AM u should be able to much more

not enough run off there i reckon

not that i've been to either,but the "adi seeye paara" & the Puttlam Rd i've heard are the best places to attempt maxing out

yes not enough track, after 200 it will take some time to do the rest, need to try this adi 100 para, never been there

That's just a rough conversion. Mach number is the ratio between your true airspeed (TAS) and the local speed of sound (LSS). LSS depends on the OAT. To be exact it is 38.94 x sq.rt of (a) "a" being the temperature in Kelvin (k).

OAT (-50) is 223k.

So at OAT (-50) your LSS is 581 kts. So if your TAS is 458 kts then 458/581 = 0.788 aprox 0.79

Mini ought to back me up on this!

Sure you are on bullseye ! Its Gihan's beer this weekend for you! :lol:

MINIACE

not enough run off there i reckon

not that i've been to either,but the "adi seeye paara" & the Puttlam Rd i've heard are the best places to attempt maxing out

hmm true, but I'm pretty sure a stock STi can do about 200-210 down parliment (turning from the roundabout pretty quick) But the braking will have to be done pretty hard and the road towards the grounds is very uneven :angry: but that turn can be taken at about 80 as well.. hmm

oh yeah I've heard of this adi (ata?) seeya paara, on the hambantota road right? One of my uncles has done 210 km/h in a Audi A4 TDI 99 model (65-xxxx) He said its a super road.

hmm true, but I'm pretty sure a stock STi can do about 200-210 down parliment (turning from the roundabout pretty quick) But the braking will have to be done pretty hard and the road towards the grounds is very uneven :angry: but that turn can be taken at about 80 as well.. hmm

oh yeah I've heard of this adi (ata?) seeya paara, on the hambantota road right? One of my uncles has done 210 km/h in a Audi A4 TDI 99 model (65-xxxx) He said its a super road.

You should try the Suriyawewa Road, left turn passing Udawalawa. It's designed for speeding I reckon. The bends are very wide, (like the VW test track in Germany.. :lol: )

hmm true, but I'm pretty sure a stock STi can do about 200-210 down parliment (turning from the roundabout pretty quick) But the braking will have to be done pretty hard and the road towards the grounds is very uneven :angry:but that turn can be taken at about 80 as well.. hmm

i'm curious to know how one manages that with the speed bumps <_<

"adi seeye" = 100 ft (wide i'm assuming) - yes somewhere either on the way to, or in the vicinity of the location you mention

i'm curious to know how one manages that with the speed bumps <_<

"adi seeye" = 100 ft (wide i'm assuming) - yes somewhere either on the way to, or in the vicinity of the location you mention

go round it I guess. its what nearly every tom dick and harry does during normal driving <_<

i don't see how one can take the corner at 80 (which in itself seems inadvisable) and manages to swerve and avoid the speed bums all at the same time... :mellow:

umm we are talking about parliment road right? :mellow: and i dunno if it can be done, someome was telling me lol. I aint gonna try it anytime soon thats for sure! :rolleyes: I'm saying going around bump at the end of parliment road (towards the parliment end, not waters edge) and turning in from the outside. Bit like the entrance to the gooseneck at katu. :D (thats what I was told btw :huh: )

i don't see how one can take the corner at 80 (which in itself seems inadvisable) and manages to swerve and avoid the speed bums all at the same time... :mellow:

The man should be sent to give driving lessons to F1 Drivers on how to negotiate the corners at Monaco :D

umm we are talking about parliment road right? :mellow: and i dunno if it can be done, someome was telling me lol. I aint gonna try it anytime soon thats for sure! :rolleyes: I'm saying going around bump at the end of parliment road (towards the parliment end, not waters edge) and turning in from the outside. Bit like the entrance to the gooseneck at katu. :D (thats what I was told btw :huh: )

damn! Sounds like someone has put some serious thought into how to do that! whoever said that really should do what Elvis said and go to instruct F1 drivers! :lol:

Incidentally, IMO if someone were to attempt hammering down the straight and taking that corner at the speeds you mention (whilst avoiding those bumps) they would have a lot of explaining to do the members of the services who tend to hang around in that area! Hopefully, they wont shoot first and ask questions later!

Personally, advocating that sort of buffoonery in a public forum is not very adviseable.

I did average a good 100kmph on Saturday night / Sunday early morning returning from a friends place after a party on Malabe - Godagama Road, after Athurugiriya towards Godagama. Did hit 130kmph (on second gear), but didnt want to push that much in the night as you might never know who or what will jump from side of the road. That part of the road can be recommended to try your speed out where you will have to start building up speed just when you pass Athurugiriya Junct towards the Police station and you can end up near the police checkpoint without much trouble as the road is quite straight although there is a small climb or two.

But pls guys if you do try this on that road make sure the coppers dont notice at the check point. I got away as my car is quiet.

Love the rolla, dont know why but it has been handling quite well these days with a remarkable difference in acceleration. Also you do go unnoticed due to the lack of any screaming engines or loud exhausts, and not forgetting the image.

damn! Sounds like someone has put some serious thought into how to do that! whoever said that really should do what Elvis said and go to instruct F1 drivers! :lol:

Incidentally, IMO if someone were to attempt hammering down the straight and taking that corner at the speeds you mention (whilst avoiding those bumps) they would have a lot of explaining to do the members of the services who tend to hang around in that area! Hopefully, they wont shoot first and ask questions later!

Personally, advocating that sort of buffoonery in a public forum is not very adviseable.

Ok I came to the end of that bump at about 70 today, and took the turn quite fast (I thought). However when I looked at the speedo, and it was 40 :lol: I'm beginning to think I've fallen for a typical all fart no sh** comment by one of my fellow mates. I'm sorry for the stupidity :action-smiley-060: will refrain from making such comments in the future. :D

Top speed - 5kmph

Machine - Honda supercub c50

Modifications - a sticker of a little boy peeing and a apexi logo.

Where - paan genna yana gaman.

What prevented from going faster - err...it cant do anymore than that...lol

:D

LOL :lol: