• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

As a matter of interest. Does anyone know what the fastest speed anyone has got down the katu straight? I dunno if this is true or not, but in 2007 I heard Dinesh Deheragoda's evo ix got 250 km/h? :unsure: any comments guys :)

280-285, I think. But thats a race car, not street.

Are you guys still faffing about over this dragging thing? :rolleyes: Its getting kinda old. Give it a rest fellas.

BTW speaking of bikes................... are there any confirmed 'busas around here?

I had the amazing opportunity to ride a Hayabusa GSXR1300 turbo in Singapore a few months back. Had a TD05 16G storm maker in it and it was one hell of an experience. The guy was running around 10 psi (0.6BAR) on it. Opened the throttle a tad and nearly wet my pants! Should be able to get one down for about 1.4 mill if it wasn't for the damn coppers.

Don't ask me what my top speed was. I was too busy trying to stay alive! :o

One ride I truly won't forget! :D

BTW speaking of bikes................... are there any confirmed 'busas around here?

I had the amazing opportunity to ride a Hayabusa GSXR1300 turbo in Singapore a few months back. Had a TD05 16G storm maker in it and it was one hell of an experience. The guy was running around 10 psi (0.6BAR) on it. Opened the throttle a tad and nearly wet my pants! Should be able to get one down for about 1.4 mill if it wasn't for the damn coppers.

Don't ask me what my top speed was. I was too busy trying to stay alive! :o

One ride I truly won't forget! :D

is it the same day u drove Haman M6 ? :unsure:

280-285, I think. But thats a race car, not street.

Say WHAT!!!??????? 280???? The EVo IX? :o :o Mate I know its a race car.. But still! wow!! Thats probably the fastest anyone has got in SL na? How come the speeds have gone down soo much at katu? :unsure: I mean if everyone were to be getting 270+.. B) We'll probably be seeing alot or red hot disks while the cars enter the gooseneck :D

Say WHAT!!!??????? 280???? The EVo IX? :o :o Mate I know its a race car.. But still! wow!! Thats probably the fastest anyone has got in SL na? How come the speeds have gone down soo much at katu? :unsure: I mean if everyone were to be getting 270+.. B) We'll probably be seeing alot or red hot disks while the cars enter the gooseneck :D

Err... we do see glowing disks. Tho its not very easy during the day. And I think that was the figure on DDs site when he was running the IX. No idea if its the fastest, those cars are tuned for handling and acceleration, I guess, not just flat out top speed.

Velo got some brilliant glowing disks pictures some time ago at the last time Pannala had an event, the night race. :) Must be 5 years or more now.... Damn, time flies no? :D Those pics must be online somewhere. I remember it was on his site, but not sure if its still around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Lancer_Evolution

OAT (-50) is 223k.

So at OAT (-50) your LSS is 581 kts. So if your TAS is 458 kts then 458/581 = 0.788 aprox 0.79

This is very much greek to me... but sounds interesting.

So when you say "Local speed of sound "does it mean that the speed of sound changes from country to country ?? If its to do with air density should it not change with the weather conditions ?

Sorry for being off track...

Local Speed of Sound (LSS) is directly proportional to the square root of the absolute temperature. Using the relationship between pressure and density you can get a constant to represent them in a formula.

LSS (kts) = 39 x sqrt(Temperature in Kelvin)

For Kelvin just add 273 to Celcius.

Ex. LSS = 39 x sqrt (15 + 273) = 662 kts at ISA sea level.

and LSS = 39 x sqrt (-56.5 + 273) = 574 kts at ISA above 29 000 feet.

Sourced

MINIACE

Err... we do see glowing disks. Tho its not very easy during the day. And I think that was the figure on DDs site when he was running the IX. No idea if its the fastest, those cars are tuned for handling and acceleration, I guess, not just flat out top speed.

Velo got some brilliant glowing disks pictures some time ago at the last time Pannala had an event, the night race. :) Must be 5 years or more now.... Damn, time flies no? :D Those pics must be online somewhere. I remember it was on his site, but not sure if its still around.

Wow ok. Na I just thought if his car got that speed, it's suprising how much they've slowed down now. Yeah I heard about the Night race. Shame that was a one and only event :( Not 5 years, about 4 years? 2006 I think? :unsure: But still. Wish they'd bring those back. :(

• 7 months later...

Hi guys

was fortunate enough to drive the worlds fastest diesel suv / most powerful diesel engine

6 litre v 12 twin turbo audi Q7.

500 hp , 1000 NM of torque , and 0-100 km/h in 5.5 secs

hit 270 km/h today. was a mind blowing experience. feels like a train hits you when the torque comes in!

have attached some pics of the car.

http://img9.imageshack.us/i/15052010757.jpg/

http://img299.imageshack.us/i/15052010756.jpg/

http://img266.imageshack.us/i/15052010755.jpg/

http://img694.imageshack.us/i/15052010754.jpg/

Hi guys

was fortunate enough to drive the worlds fastest diesel suv / most powerful diesel engine

6 litre v 12 twin turbo audi Q7.

500 hp , 1000 NM of torque , and 0-100 km/h in 5.5 secs

hit 270 km/h today. was a mind blowing experience. feels like a train hits you when the torque comes in!

have attached some pics of the car.

http://img9.imageshack.us/i/15052010757.jpg/

http://img299.imageshack.us/i/15052010756.jpg/

http://img266.imageshack.us/i/15052010755.jpg/

http://img694.imageshack.us/i/15052010754.jpg/

Awesome!

in the middle east i take it?

previous title/claim to it was held by the VW Toureg was it? :unsure:

161 KM/h on a Suzuki Maruti Zen VXi 2005 down chilaw - puttlam road... :rolleyes:

imo - really good in a Zen.

well my max speeds are-- 165 kmph in a Mirage 1997 --on the straight stretch after the pinnawela turn off in kegalle. (waited till 12.30 am to test the max speed on the car as i didn't want get copped- but as luck would have it - cops were there with speed guns -- almost all got copped at that time in the night on the straight)

and 180 + kmph [speedo is only upto 180 only :( ] in a Subaru Sti - on the highlevel road - going towards avissawella -@ the 'dick sathakme (01 mile strech)-- actually it has 800 m only :) @ aprox. 4.30am.

OT -- what i cant fathom is - hyundai accent 1.3 has the speedo upto 220 kmph -- but a performance car with a 2 litre aprox 300bhp has only upto 180 kmph!

Thats because all JDM (Jap Domestic Models) have a speed limiter at 180km/h. Country regulation for car manufacturer. You can get the ECU adjusted to ignore that 180 limiter. The reason export models have 220-240 or even 260 is the importing country has no upper limit on the capable speeds.

Awesome!

in the middle east i take it?

previous title/claim to it was held by the VW Toureg was it? :unsure:

The touareg R50 which was the most powerful one is with a V10 diesel engine with in 345 bhp with 850 NM of torque, and getting the car from 0-100 km/h in 6.7 sec. it towed a jumbo jet.

yes this was in Abu Dhabi :rolleyes:

Thats because all JDM (Jap Domestic Models) have a speed limiter at 180km/h. Country regulation for car manufacturer. You can get the ECU adjusted to ignore that 180 limiter. The reason export models have 220-240 or even 260 is the importing country has no upper limit on the capable speeds.

thanks VVTi --didn't realize that till now.

imo - really good in a Zen.

and 180 + kmph [speedo is only upto 180 only :( ] in a Subaru Sti - on the highlevel road - going towards avissawella -@ the 'dick sathakme (01 mile strech)-- actually it has 800 m only :) @ aprox. 4.30am.

if the car has chipped ecu or aftermarket one even the speedo stop at 180 still there is no speed cut

if the car has chipped ecu or aftermarket one even the speedo stop at 180 still there is no speed cut

Thanks GihanFX-- actually will change the ecu soon-- to run on 95 octane - done by a member on the forum. Number of advantages- according to him --> increase in power & economy etc.

Suppose will need a new speedo, later-

I cd be mistaken here - but i think i saw your former car at senok -[after the crash- it had a 300 kmph speedo. had a sticker -stating crashed @ 260] what i want to know is --according to your post - it would have had an after market ecu for it do 260? if not --changing the speedo ONLY, wont get u past 180 -right?

Edited by mirage7777

Thanks GihanFX-- actually will change the ecu soon-- to run on 95 octane - done by a member on the forum. Number of advantages- according to him --> increase in power & economy etc.

Suppose will need a new speedo, later-

I cd be mistaken here - but i think i saw your former car at senok -[after the crash- it had a 300 kmph speedo. had a sticker -stating crashed @ 260] what i want to know is --according to your post - it would have had an after market ecu for it do 260? if not --changing the speedo ONLY, wont get u past 180 -right?

yeah always better to tune the car for our fuel, its very safe, is he the same Al members who's planing to bring down a Dyno :mellow: my previous car had an after market ECU, it was tune from Japan with speed/boost/rev cut disable, and aggressive Map, also the meter was changed with some CF interior, The 260 sticker was just for fun, the new owner claims he touched 240 before crash but who knows, anyway i had touched 240 in that car once and ill never ever do that mistake again, that day if a small thing have gone wrong im either dead or counting bars right now,

anyway if u guys interested in changing the Meter go for The Haltech MXL Dash,

yeah always better to tune the car for our fuel, its very safe, is he the same Al members who's planing to bring down a Dyno :mellow: my previous car had an after market ECU, it was tune from Japan with speed/boost/rev cut disable, and aggressive Map, also the meter was changed with some CF interior, The 260 sticker was just for fun, the new owner claims he touched 240 before crash but who knows, anyway i had touched 240 in that car once and ill never ever do that mistake again, that day if a small thing have gone wrong im either dead or counting bars right now,

anyway if u guys interested in changing the Meter go for The Haltech MXL Dash,

yep -he is the one :) -also he is flying down a Subaru Tuner from UK - for the upgrade.

anyway i had touched 240 in that car once and ill never ever do that mistake again, that day if a small thing have gone wrong im either dead or counting bars right now
-- you are right -- that's why its a risk to speed during daytime. As stated by you - something could go wrong - also if we get involved in a fatal accident and even if you get off without injury or jail term - we would spend the rest of life thinking about the life/lives taken by us - because of a joy ride. :(. i have always maintained that any fool can go fast -its a matter of pressing the accelerator- but the skill is keeping the car in control ALWAYS and also --always envisaging probable accidents and taking precautions to avert same.

Btw why 'Haltech MXL Dash'? good as the original dash - maybe of a STi 9? - advantages pls? price & from where to buy? thanks.